Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:38:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What genre is the theme from Beadles About

Started by Goldentony, December 14, 2021, 06:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkfromhavana

Non-Cockney Knees Up

Laurie Holloway LWT Cheese

monkfromhavana

The Mollusk

Quote from: monkfromhavana on December 15, 2021, 10:11:35 AMSurely I should have said 'Prog Cock'.

Nah, compound it to Prockney like Cardiacs did.

monkfromhavana

Thinking further about it, surely the revived cockney genre would be rebranded 'Knees Up'.

imitationleather

Quote from: monkfromhavana on December 15, 2021, 09:40:47 AMProgressive Cockney

That's what we called my Nan after she decided gays were okay after all.

PaulTMA

Bradley doesn't get enough credit for inventing The Reading Festival

Chicory

It sounds like Village People minus the disco.

Brundle-Fly

non capisco

The Mollusk

Captain Z

Not even the best theme tune in the Beadles.

Enzo

Quote from: Dirty Boy on December 14, 2021, 08:25:47 PMWhat genre be this?

I don't know what genre it is, but I bet it will blasted out of loudspeakers on Prime Minister Michael Gove's new Universal Credit collective farms.

boki

willbo

What genre is Big Break "I'm gonna be snookering you tonight" theme?

Tokyo van Ramming

The Beadle one sounds like some Buckaroo Banzai kinda shit

Goldentony

Quote from: willbo on December 27, 2021, 11:06:23 AMWhat genre is Big Break "I'm gonna be snookering you tonight" theme?

song for a musical by mike batt sang by cpt sensible? its cockney meatloaf, meatcockney

idunnosomename

Captain Z

Quote from: willbo on December 27, 2021, 11:06:23 AMWhat genre is Big Break "I'm gonna be snookering you tonight" theme?

Big Breakbeat

PlanktonSideburns

Crenners

Damn, too slow, wish I wouldn't have gone out tonight!

non capisco

Is "They're Tasty, Tasty, Very Very Tasty (Theme From Bran Flakes)" the same artist as "Beadle's About"?

Quote from: non capisco on December 28, 2021, 10:28:08 PMIs "They're Tasty, Tasty, Very Very Tasty (Theme From Bran Flakes)" the same artist as "Beadle's About"?

According to my extensive Wikipedia research, 'They're Tasty, Tasty, Very Very Tasty (Theme From Bran Flakes)' was brought to us by the same man who gave us 'I'd Rather Have a Bowl of Coco Pops (Theme From Coco Pops)' - one Mr Ronnie Bond. Proper old school jingle writer's name, that is. Nowadays if you want a breakfast cereal jingle, some ad agency ponce called Orlando or Tarquin will probably brainstorm concepts with you to make sure your brand is telling the stories that breakfast-eaters want to hear. Back then, you'd go and see Ronnie Bond and he'd knock up something that you'd still be humming about 40 years later while you walked down to the pub with him for a nice liquid lunch.

I've also uncovered the writer of the Beadle's About theme (by cunningly Googling 'Who wrote the theme for Beadle's About?') but it's more fun just to keep some mystery, isn't it?

ajsmith2

Ronnie Bond was also the name of the drummer in The Troggs. Not sure if same guy.

Shaky

A shame the show was cancelled before they could finish that big story arc. Did we ever find out what Beadle was about in the end?