Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:37:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Deafheaven: Infinite Granite. That's some nice fucking shoegaze right there

Started by Nice Relaxing Poo, December 16, 2021, 07:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Been listening to this beat combo for a good few years now but for some reason I'd never got around to giving their latest a spin but I'm glad I did. Best slab of intense shoegaze I've heard in many a year, the song "Lament for Wasps" is absolutely wankworthy and is definitely a standout but the rest is very strong too.

kidney

I'm taking partial credit for this album existing because I remember when Deafheaven released their previous album (more specifically the track Honeycomb) I said to a friend that I'd like to see them do a full-on twinkly, pleasant shoegaze album next, and then they bloody went and did it.

But yeah, really nice album. One of my most listening to records of the year I think. The closing track Mombasa is especially sublime.

willbo

I was thinking about them yesterday and how I always intended to go back to their music, I listened to sunbather for a while but forgot about them.