Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,185
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:42:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jeff Garlin Fired from 'The Goldbergs'

Started by Satchmo Distel, December 16, 2021, 10:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Quote from: Malcy on December 18, 2021, 05:37:07 PMI have a ticket to see him live next year. Would a link to this be a good enough refund request?

If it goes ahead I'll go though. I don't give a shit.

If anything it will enrich the experience of everyone there. 

BritishHobo

Go and keep shouting 'vagina' whenever he talks. "It's just silliness!" you can say, as security attempt to toss you out.

jobotic

Better still hold his face with your hands and shout "hairy old cocks" in it. If he doesn't find it amusing he's a hypocrite and sussed.

Replies From View

Quote from: jobotic on December 18, 2021, 09:41:59 PMBetter still hold his face with your hands and shout "hairy old cocks" in it.

Those are Jeff's hands there

Makes you think

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I feel bad about bringing up the quality of the person's work in these cases, because it shouldn't matter. Garlin is so talentless though, that I can't understand how he ever got in this position to begin with. All he does is shout.

Ham Bap

So you cant even shout obscenities around work colleagues anymore such as 'Grandma's vagina', scream in peoples faces and tell people to get the fuck out of your way anymore.

Replies From View

Telling people to get the fuck out of your way is a more grey area.  I've been there in my less socially clued-in days, when I've felt that a comedic impulse is to be a bit off and rude to people whom I've assumed are reading it as ironically pompous - when naturally, they wouldn't.  Especially if they didn't know me very well.

I'd be surprised if many of us haven't been through a phase like that.  Especially those of us on the spectrum, trying to find ourselves socially and working out what's appropriate.

Big differences with Garlin are that a) he should be old enough to know better, and b) he's in a position of high status, and so the stuff we might all try out from the sidelines and cringe about later will read like punching down when he does it. 

And I'm not defending the other aspects of what he has allegedly been doing, by the way.  In fact I'm not defending any of it.

Mr Faineant

Quote from: thecuriousorange on December 17, 2021, 10:52:56 PMHis behaviour was a big bowl of wrong.

I know it's boring to add a comment only to say that someone's comment made you laugh, but sometimes you just have to, so I'm sorry to everyone else who reads this.

That made me laugh, excellent comment.

Jerzy Bondov

If you think Richard Herring talks over his guests check out Jeff Garlin's podcast, holy god

Crenners

I've literally never heard of The Goldbergs.

Mr Faineant

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on December 20, 2021, 07:28:51 AMIf you think Richard Herring talks over his guests check out Jeff Garlin's podcast, holy god

By the way...

Mr Faineant

All this controversy with him is interesting, because the way Jeff tells it, people are angry at a man referring to his vagina, but men referring to their vaginas is the very definition of woke. It's a real tight rope walk, talking, these days.

dissolute ocelot

According to Entertainment Weekly, Garlin's character (the father Murray Goldberg) is going to be dead in season 10, although the writers say they've not actually told Garlin, who was sacked for his on-set behaviour. (Is it unethical to let him read about it in EW? Does anyone care?)

Meanwhile Erica is having a baby and she and her partner Geoff are moving back into the Goldberg family home. And David Hasselhoff is scheduled to guest star. This show will never end!

I watched a bit of season 9 but not a lot. Aside from the chronological issues, the loss of George Segal was very sad. But the idea of having the family grieving for Garlin sounds a bit awful. I hope he died in a comedy way and they can get some laughs out of it. If ever someone deserves to die by t-shirt cannon...

They need to show his gravestone, like Kevin Spacey in House of Cards.

Icehaven

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on August 31, 2022, 12:29:45 PMAccording to Entertainment Weekly, Garlin's character (the father Murray Goldberg) is going to be dead in season 10, although the writers say they've not actually told Garlin, who was sacked for his on-set behaviour. (Is it unethical to let him read about it in EW? Does anyone care?)

Meanwhile Erica is having a baby and she and her partner Geoff are moving back into the Goldberg family home. And David Hasselhoff is scheduled to guest star. This show will never end!

I watched a bit of season 9 but not a lot. Aside from the chronological issues, the loss of George Segal was very sad. But the idea of having the family grieving for Garlin sounds a bit awful. I hope he died in a comedy way and they can get some laughs out of it. If ever someone deserves to die by t-shirt cannon...

Pity they can't swap him for the actor who plays the dad in Young Sheldon, as in TBBT his dad died when Sheldon was 14, and in the most recent series of YS he's about 13, and they've kept it pretty consistent with the original so he's going to be out of a job soon. Or the series will just stop. Fuck knows.

Famous Mortimer

I think it would be funny if it just carried on going and they just re-used the scripts from The Big Bang Theory when he was of an appropriate age. Well, "funny".