Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:39:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Can Eric Clapton get any worse?

Started by cosmic-hearse, December 17, 2021, 10:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

I hope when he gets to Heaven, his son doesn't recognise him.

imitationleather

The only thing worse than Eric Clapton is the people who encourage him by listening to his music.

Lungpuddle

Fuck Clapton, and fuck that court enabling that dangerously stupid guitar playing twat's bullying.

Midas

eric clapton = necrotic lap

EDIT: "no! rectal! pic!"

bgmnts

Didnt he cheat on his missus with George Harrison's missus, marry said woman and then cheat on her and cheat on her and have a baby with another woman whilst they were going through IVF?

jamiefairlie

Quote from: bgmnts on December 17, 2021, 11:34:28 PMDidnt he cheat on his missus with George Harrison's missus, marry said woman and then cheat on her and cheat on her and have a baby with another woman whilst they were going through IVF?

Probably, looks the sort.

studpuppet

Not sure it's worse* than...

QuoteDo we have any foreigners in the audience tonight? If so, please put up your hands. So where are you? Well wherever you all are, I think you should all just leave. Not just leave the hall, leave our country. I don't want you here, in the room or in my country. Listen to me, man! I think we should vote for Enoch Powell. Enoch's our man. I think Enoch's right, I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the w*gs out. Get the c**ns out. Keep Britain white. I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism. It's much heavier, man. Fucking w*gs, man. Fucking Saudis taking over London. Bastard w*gs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back. The black w*gs and c**ns and Arabs and fucking Jamaicans don't belong here, we don't want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any black w*gs and c**ns living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man. This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for fuck's sake? Throw the w*gs out! Keep Britain white!

*Drunk or otherwise.

Ferris

mothman

You didn't have to word the thread title like you're setting him a challenge, you know.

Ferris

Edited original post for an easier comparison.

ProvanFan

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: studpuppet on December 18, 2021, 12:01:55 AMNot sure it's worse* than...

*Drunk or otherwise.

Yeah anything he does these days is going to take a lot of doing, and what he done then was so bad it directly spawned Rock Against Racism.

Also, the best parts of Layla were done by the late Duane Allman so you're actually allowed to like that one.

purlieu

Awful human being whose solo career has absolutely undermined any idea of him somehow being a rock guitar god. Bland middle class cunt music from a bland middle class cunt.

And yes, this bootleg thing is fucking abhorrent. Truly pursued out of spite by a rich cunt who thinks he's above everyone else.

imitationleather

Me when someone says they like Eric Clapton:

Goldentony

Quote from: bgmnts on December 17, 2021, 11:34:28 PMDidnt he cheat on his missus with George Harrison's missus, marry said woman and then cheat on her and cheat on her and have a baby with another woman whilst they were going through IVF?

you can see him in the bushes behind them all in the Something video

Goldentony

nothing this stupid cunt has written matches anything on The Crossing by Big Country

Vitamin C

QuoteOn that tour, Clapton was photographed posing with Texas governor Greg Abbott, who signed into law the country's most restrictive abortion legislation and a measure to limit who can vote in the state

Just in case anyone needed more examples of his shittty behaviour, this apparently happened on his tour earlier this year.

Mr Banlon

jamiefairlie

QuoteDo we have any foreigners in the audience tonight? If so, please put up your hands. So where are you? Well wherever you all are, I think you should all just leave. Not just leave the hall, leave our country. I don't want you here, in the room or in my country. Listen to me, man! I think we should vote for Enoch Powell. Enoch's our man. I think Enoch's right, I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the w*gs out. Get the c**ns out. Keep Britain white. I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism. It's much heavier, man. Fucking w*gs, man. Fucking Saudis taking over London. Bastard w*gs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back. The black w*gs and c**ns and Arabs and fucking Jamaicans don't belong here, we don't want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any black w*gs and c**ns living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man. This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for fuck's sake? Throw the w*gs out! Keep Britain white!

"Anyway, this is called "I Shot the Sheriff" "

PaulTMA

I reckon Clapton is just misunderstood and this has all just been a shrewd attempt at moving in on David Van Day's panto territory

The remarkable thing about Clapton is that he has always been shit. Without being the least bit contrarian, I can't think of a single song of his that I enjoy. The only good thing he was involved with was Cream, but he didn't even write/co-write any of their good songs! Utter knob.

jobotic

You can't even say you don't want any black w*gs and c**ns living here these days.

Get him on GB News

John Mayall's Blues Breakers with Eric C***ton is good but he only has a writing credit on one song.

Absolute shit stain of a man.

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: convulsivespace on December 18, 2021, 05:13:07 AMThe only good thing he was involved with was Cream, but he didn't even write/co-write any of their good songs! Utter knob.

I didn't know this as he's always put me off investigating Cream, but I was wondering the other day how much he had to do with 'I Feel Free' since I actually like that song.

I remember feeling disappointed finding out what I'd thought was the lovely 'Theme From Goodfellas' was actually the coda of fucking 'Layla', which I've never liked, but that bit was by Jim Gordon and he might've nicked it from Rita Coolidge, so nothing to do with Throbber Clapton either.

They're the two non-Harrison bits of Clapton I can stand. His voice-overs in We're Only In It For The Money are kinda funny too. Plus he inspired the Mr Show 'Teardrop Awards' sketch and Rock Against Racism. I'll give him those, otherwise fuck off Clappers.

shoulders

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/eric-clapton-vaccine-lockdown-racist-comments-1239027/

Anti-vax, pro-hunting and touring red states doing selfies with the Texas governor.

In many ways a disgrace but he is quite old now, so soon he will be crippled or dead, at least.

Cuellar

idunnosomename

I guess she should have ignored the letter? And fuck the judge for claiming it damages the recording industry. Why dont you penalise Spotify corp instead?