Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:30:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Does anyone else hope Ghislaine gets away with it?

Started by salr, December 18, 2021, 09:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

salr

Hear me out, i have done some sex-crimes in the past. Not children d/w.

I just feel sorry for her.

at worst I think she was just manipulated by Epstein.

I hope she gets away with it, and I worry 'bout that.

Endicott

Quote from: salr on December 18, 2021, 09:25:45 AMat worst I think she was just manipulated by Epstein.

This is a very generous interpretation.

chveik

Buelligan

If you're going to worry about something, worry about her victims.

flotemysost

If that's the "at worst" interpretation then what's the best case scenario? She helped pimp out children out of the goodness of her heart?

Not denying the possibility of some manipulation going on (I haven't been following the case closely) but I can't say sympathy is the first emotion that comes to mind. Also I don't know if the "sex-crimes" bit was a joke, but it's not automatically OK just because no kids were involved.

Butchers Blind

buttgammon

Dr Rock

Ms Ghislaine, your defence is you were 'manipulated'?

Yes

How were you manipulated?

I was hoodwinked

What do you mean, 'hoodwinked'"

Bamboozled. Finagle. Duped.

Ms Ghisliane, these are all synonyms of manipluated, can you tell us how Mr Epstin 'hoodwinked' you?'

He gaslighted me.

Do you know what 'gaslit' means?

Not really. Can I go now?

Icehaven

I don't know much about this whole thing but the other day I saw a headline for an article about a court artist who was drawing Ghislaine Maxwell in the dock, and apparently she was drawing the artist back, which is a strange thing to do.

salr

Don't get me wrong, I think she is a right rsol

But i have some sympathy/empathy for her.

I din't want her to die in prison even tho she has (probably) done shitty things.

I do not know what that says about me.

Sometimes I worry I am sociopath, and when things like this come up it makes me think 'yeah'

touchingcloth

I think the best that can be said about her is that it's funny that her name sounds like jizz. An entire lane of the stuff. Call me a humour sponge killjoy, but I don't think that makes up for international child noncery.

Fambo Number Mive

non capisco

Quote from: icehaven on December 18, 2021, 10:31:38 AMI don't know much about this whole thing but the other day I saw a headline for an article about a court artist who was drawing Ghislaine Maxwell in the dock, and apparently she was drawing the artist back, which is a strange thing to do.

That immediately reminded me of Max Clifford going up behind that TV reporter during his trial and imitating his gestures. This sort of bizarre behaviour seems to be what once-powerful sex criminals do when they know they're fucked. Their last opportunity to try and assert some dominance over people before the key gets thrown away.

touchingcloth

Quote from: non capisco on December 18, 2021, 11:06:48 AMThat immediately reminded me of Max Clifford going up behind that TV reporter during his trial and imitating his gestures. This sort of bizarre behaviour seems to be once once-powerful sex criminals do when they know they're fucked. Their last opportunity to try and assert some dominance over people before the key gets thrown away.

Whenever you feel like the world is utterly fucked, it's always nice to remember that Max Clifford died in jail.

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 18, 2021, 11:01:53 AMDo I want to know what d/w means in the OP?

"Don't worry." Yeah, don't worry about it, just a couple of harmless sex crimes! We've all done it, haven't we. Bit of casual raping here and there. Few gropes. It's fine.

No idea what the OP was thinking, I hope it's just a shit joke that didn't land, because otherwise fucking hell.

touchingcloth

Quote from: salr on December 18, 2021, 11:11:46 AMdon't worry.

But can't you tell us what it means? I'm worried that it might be a bit noncey.

shoulders

Quote from: non capisco on December 18, 2021, 11:06:48 AMThat immediately reminded me of Max Clifford going up behind that TV reporter during his trial and imitating his gestures. This sort of bizarre behaviour seems to be what once-powerful sex criminals do when they know they're fucked. Their last opportunity to try and assert some dominance over people before the key gets thrown away.

Ah yes, good call.

Thursday

salr

Quote from: Ron Maels Moustache on December 18, 2021, 11:12:37 AM"Don't worry." Yeah, don't worry about it, just a couple of harmless sex crimes! We've all done it, haven't we. Bit of casual raping here and there. Few gropes. It's fine.

No idea what the OP was thinking, I hope it's just a shit joke that didn't land, because otherwise fucking hell.

It is real. sleeping with sex workers. the best i can justify it to myself now is.......... I can't. It is a shitty thing to do and I regret it, but I can't take it back.

Buelligan

If you feel bad about that, how is your mental process allowing you to hope that awful cunt gets let off?

stevek89

Quote from: salr on December 18, 2021, 11:20:18 AMIt is real. sleeping with sex workers. the best i can justify it to myself now is.......... I can't. It is a shitty thing to do and I regret it, but I can't take it back.
As far as I'm aware sleeping with sex workers in this country is perfectly legal so don't see how that's a sex crime. Perhaps morally questionable but think you're being hard on yourself if you just classify that as a sex crime.

imitationleather

Paul Calf

Bernice

Assuming you're genuine, OP, I don't think you're a sociopath. I think you're drawing a strange line between your own (sense of) guilt over using the services of sex workers and Maxwell's (legal, factual) guilt in helping run a sex-trafficking ring for the rich and powerful. You'd probably be better served stepping outside the solipsism of your own guilt and considering the actual victims of Maxwell's crimes before considering what the verdict should be here. It would probably also provide a better starting point for considering your own feelings of regret.

Twit 2

I have to say, I find Ghislaine quite hot. (She can traffic me to a sex island any time, eh lads eh?) As I do Priti Patel. Is it just that they are objectively attractive, or is there more to it and somehow I'm attracted to evil women? Can we get a crowdfunder going so I can explore this with an expensive shrink?

McDead

Quote from: Twit 2 on December 18, 2021, 12:33:14 PMI have to say, I find Ghislaine quite hot. (She can traffic me to a sex island any time, eh lads eh?) As I do Priti Patel. Is it just that they are objectively attractive, or is there more to it and somehow I'm attracted to evil women? Can we get a crowdfunder going so I can explore this with an expensive shrink?

Like all truly evil people, they have a strange directness, an evenness of the stare, that is horribly appealing. They seem to feel no shame, which ipso facto means they are shameless, which ipso facto means they are probably dynamite in the bedroom sense. Not life partner material, though.