Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:48:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bribe the unvaccinated

Started by shoulders, December 18, 2021, 06:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

£200 each, to get through the door and get jabbed.

I don't like it either. It's unfair, and can't be justified from any principle.

But it's cheaper than the damage another lockdown would cause, and it will work.

Some tinhats and middle class Karens who don't need the money as much as they need to be superior will still hold out but this will get the numbers up solidly, based on the large audience it will sweep up and the interests the money will address.

Jasha

They'll chop their nose off to spite their face, 200 notes or 2 million or seeing their gran croak won't change their mind

Fambo Number Mive

Would this be for double jabbed people who haven't had the third shot or just people who haven't had the first two jabs?

The downside might be that once you rolled out this policy, if you needed to roll out another load of boosters at a later date some people who would have got the latest booster asap might hold off hoping they would be offered a payment.

Rizla

Correct me if I'm wrong, but vaccine takeup has been pretty strong, hasn't it? 90% or something. It's not really on to blame the relatively small number of non-vaxxed, or even all those anti-science, unenlightened mad vociferous brexity anti-vaxxers, for any new restrictions, lockdowns etc, is it? It's the fucking government's fault, isn't it? I've no doubt those cunts will be delighted that we've all decided to lay the blame at the door of a small, (some would say justifiably) cynical, mistrusting percentage of the populace.

shoulders

Aren't 80% of patients in hospital with Covid unvaccinated? Heard that this morning. So it's enough to cause serious problems.

bgmnts

Or be fair and make them pay for their own treatment if they grt sick?

chveik

Quote from: Rizla on December 18, 2021, 06:45:40 PMI've no doubt those cunts will be delighted that we've all decided to lay the blame at the door of a small, (some would say justifiably) cynical, mistrusting percentage of the populace.

at the very least, it doesn't cost them anything, unlike sending vaccines to africa/lat american or building hospitals etc.

chveik

Quote from: bgmnts on December 18, 2021, 07:16:36 PMOr be fair and make them pay for their own treatment if they grt sick?

do you need some lessons on what free and universal healthcare is supposed to mean?

Ferris

I think the most effective plan I've heard is lottery, but to claim the prize you have to be jabbed.

Imagine your number coming up for a million quid but you didn't get your vaccine so no jet-skis and champagne for you pal, sorry let's draw another number out the hat. It targets the small-minded selfish "me first" attitude of anyone who is remaining unvaccinated for no reason.

That said I think we're past vaccines reducing spread now (that ship has sailed with the new variant), so there's limited public benefit of getting the final few holdouts.. At this point if you aren't willing to save yourself then that's your lookout.

bgmnts

Quote from: chveik on December 18, 2021, 07:31:28 PMdo you need some lessons on what free and universal healthcare is supposed to mean?

Nah fuck that.

If you're a div who cant be fucked to get your vaccine and you get sick, fuck yourselves.

chveik

you fucking dummy you can't punish people for their bad health choices like that. because next it will be the smokers, the drug addicts, the morbidly obese...

bgmnts

Yes fuck them all, dont care anymore.

Thick cunt doesnt want a vaccine to help save loves and put less burden on an underfunded totally fucked health service, pay the price cunt.

Anyway i'd consider lifelong addiction to products that are pushed on us by big businesses since we're born is slightly different than just being a thick cunt and not getting a vaccine. Not really equivalent.

Alberon

The first Omicron victim in the UK was an anti-vaxxer.

Ultimately you can't force people (unless the pandemic was hundreds of times worse than it is). Their decisions increase the chance they will die.

Beyond clamping down on deliberate misinformation websites and social media there isn't much more you can do.

vanilla.coffee

Is it the fault of the unvaccinated for the spreading of this virus or the fault of the Chinese for unleashing this virus?

Johnny Foreigner

I quite like this idea; it's a form of positive encouragement to make people do the responsible thing.

'If you promise to behave at the dentist's, I shall buy you an ice cream afterwards.' Don't see the problem.

shoulders

Quote from: Alberon on December 18, 2021, 07:56:38 PMThe first Omicron victim in the UK was an anti-vaxxer.

Ultimately you can't force people (unless the pandemic was hundreds of times worse than it is). Their decisions increase the chance they will die.

Beyond clamping down on deliberate misinformation websites and social media there isn't much more you can do.

You can, this is what the thread is literally about : Bribe them

Johnny Foreigner

Bribe is good if the result of the bribe is good. You people are blinded by Kantianism.

Ferris

Quote from: Johnny Foreigner on December 18, 2021, 09:29:12 PMBribe is good if the result of the bribe is good. You people are blinded by Kantianism.

You're the only kant around here pal

Johnny Foreigner

Actions are bad if they lead to bad outcomes. In this case, bribe leads to a good outcome. Therefore, this specific means, bribe, is a good means to obtain this outcome.

Machiavelli was the best thing ever to come out of Italy.

Cuellar

Bride the unvaccinated. Wed them to objects animate and inanimate.

gib

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 18, 2021, 06:37:48 PMWould this be for double jabbed people who haven't had the third shot or just people who haven't had the first two jabs?

The downside might be that once you rolled out this policy, if you needed to roll out another load of boosters at a later date some people who would have got the latest booster asap might hold off hoping they would be offered a payment.

Yeah. How about you get your £200 for getting the jab x number of weeks after you are notified, once the deadline has passed you get notified that it's dropped to £190 and the clock is reset. They say people care more about losing something they already have than they do about gaining something. Or something like that.

hamfist

Quote from: vanilla.coffee on December 18, 2021, 08:02:42 PMIs it the fault of the unvaccinated for the spreading of this virus or the fault of the Chinese for unleashing this virus?

if your dog shits on the rug then your child picks it up and wipes it over the walls, furniture and kitchen surfaces then is it the fault of the dog or the child ?

flotemysost

Quote from: hamfist on December 18, 2021, 10:54:35 PMif your dog shits on the rug then your child picks it up and wipes it over the walls, furniture and kitchen surfaces then is it the fault of the dog or the child ?

Rug's fault for being so deliciously tempting to shit on, I guess.

I'm about as far from an antivaxxer as you can get but I don't know if this sounds like a great idea. There are reasons why people choose not to get vaccinated, this doesn't really do anything to address those reasons and if anything might discourage people even further away from getting jabbed, especially if it perpetuates the suspicion that the vaccine programme is a premeditated way of controlling and indexing individuals. Addressing those (myriad) reasons takes time, more time than we have to spare in terms of covid spreading, so I dunno.

mothman

Precisely. Given how pathological these cunts are, they'll just take being offered a bribe as confirmation that it's some nefarious plot against them.

greenman

Quote from: Rizla on December 18, 2021, 06:45:40 PMCorrect me if I'm wrong, but vaccine takeup has been pretty strong, hasn't it? 90% or something. It's not really on to blame the relatively small number of non-vaxxed, or even all those anti-science, unenlightened mad vociferous brexity anti-vaxxers, for any new restrictions, lockdowns etc, is it? It's the fucking government's fault, isn't it? I've no doubt those cunts will be delighted that we've all decided to lay the blame at the door of a small, (some would say justifiably) cynical, mistrusting percentage of the populace.

Really I'm guessing that a lot of the lack of vaccine takeup isnt just based on conspiracy theories but longer term deep seated distrust of medicine and the whole establishment. The far lower levels of vaccine takeup in the black community for example I doubt are due to them buying into mostly right wing(and if not just wing then middle class woo) focused conspiracy theories more than white people.

Honestly I think the hardcore anti vax element are really beyond saving, their mindset just makes it impossible for any kind of outside source to alter their view, anything can be dismissed as manipulation. sadly I think the only way there minds will be changed is negative experience with covid infection for them or their families, thats definately been my experience.

Really then I would if more of the effort shouldnt be aimed at the first group rather than the second group? the issue there I suspect if that in order to convince the first group you would probably need to go though people who the establishment doesnt want to give airtim and to acknowledged some of the legitimate reasons for their distrust.

vanilla.coffee

This £200 bribe, will it encourage all those premiership footballers that have thus far declined the vaccine to take it?

shoulders

Quote from: mothman on December 19, 2021, 02:15:00 AMPrecisely. Given how pathological these cunts are, they'll just take being offered a bribe as confirmation that it's some nefarious plot against them.

That portion of the unvaccinated already think that. We shouldn't let that get in the way.

But the majority will take the £200 because there is such an overlap between refuseniks and people in low income groups.

Remember that some of them are basically just lazy, selfish cunts that haven't really got any major objections against vaccinations, they are just surrounded by likeminded people reinforcing that it's ok to do what you want.

shoulders

Quote from: vanilla.coffee on December 19, 2021, 09:41:49 AMThis £200 bribe, will it encourage all those premiership footballers that have thus far declined the vaccine to take it?

The acceptability of the idea doesn't depend on no less than 100% takeup. It is about reaching into the percentages that we need.

What a few hundred 'Premiership' footballers do regarding vaccines is pretty irrelevant to the wider picture.

Not sure what you thought this was, some gotcha moment for you?

Kankurette

Quote from: vanilla.coffee on December 19, 2021, 09:41:49 AMThis £200 bribe, will it encourage all those premiership footballers that have thus far declined the vaccine to take it?

If they don't get jabbed, they don't play. Why should the rest of the team, and club staff, have to be compromised?

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: hamfist on December 18, 2021, 10:54:35 PMif your dog shits on the rug then your child picks it up and wipes it over the walls, furniture and kitchen surfaces then is it the fault of the dog or the child ?

It's your wife's fault (the government), for not cleaning up (locking down) sooner.