Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:15:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner XIV: CALOOH! CALLAY! IT'S GC COMING OUT DAY!!!

Started by madhair60, December 19, 2021, 12:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulTMA

What's going to happen to him when fuck all happens

Ferris

QDRPHNC

Ferris

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Mister Six on December 19, 2021, 01:28:47 AMGlinner's Patreon is down to 11 subscribers, BTW.

The most unlikeable XI since the Leeds side of the '70s

sophie.pilbeam

Quote from: Glinner'The warnings from the production company became more insistent,' explained Mr Linehan.

'After a while, I had a very funny meeting with a top public relations guy at the company.

'I'd hoped it might help improve my image. Instead he said: "Graham, I have to tell you, there are some people in the office who won't work for you".'

Even when given a platform in the Daily Mail to say whatever he likes, he still demonstrates that it's not a fringe "trans cult" that's out to get him, it's that everyone hates him because he's a horrible person.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

the entire article is just the Daily Mail reporter regurgitating all the bollocks Glinner fed them. This is third-hand information if it's real. "OH THEY SAID THEY WOULDN'T WORK WITH ME" and of course the Daily Mail, being a bastion of journalistic integrity, didn't even check with the production company to see if any such conversation took place.

Pimhole

So he thinks Jimmy Mulville is being pushed around by a bunch of blue-haired interns?

Cold Meat Platter

Sounds like he's been told in no uncertain terms to get fucked and he's trying desperately to blame everyone else as usual.

sophie.pilbeam

He also tries to make out he's some kind of martyr who's

Quote from: Glinnerconsidering leaving for the good of the show

as if the show stands to benefit from him - an unemployable pariah living off pensioners' heating allowances - and not the other way around.

(It will also never happen anyway, outside of an ironic all-trans production, Anita Bryant style)

Sonny_Jim

I'm still getting over just how unintentionally hilarious 'J.K Rowlings sleigh currently over the Netherlands' is.

If you took a list of random phrases like  'Racecar bed' and 'J.K Rowlings sleigh' I'd honestly have trouble working out if they came from CaB or the SGB.

I mean, the state of this:

racecar bed indy 500

Happy St Joanne's cavalry day, to celebrate I'm having a carbonara topped with melted tunnocks (if you say the taste would clash and it'd be terrible, then i say: fuck you you didn't stand up for JK Rowling), spunking on my jeans, and will be having a rousing marathon of people playground and rocket league featuring some random canadian and a some lady nobody even knows about so he can talk about his riveting opinions on "AGP" and sports that none of us even watch. Then I'll post some really awful tweets from a sock account.

Wait what makes today different from any other sad day in Graham's life again.

sophie.pilbeam

As dawn breaks, the handful of #GCComingoutday posts are split evenly between sarcastic mockery of it, and anonymous accounts that were already openly transphobic.

Alberon

In celebration of this glorious day I've fitted wheels to my bed so I can pretend that I too am lucky enough to sleep in a racecar.

NeaX

Quote from: sophie.pilbeam on December 19, 2021, 05:06:27 AM(It will also never happen anyway, outside of an ironic all-trans production, Anita Bryant style)

He can't have contributed much anyway. I wonder if the laughing Spanish guy bit made the cut?

I can't imagine working with him would be very productive, what with him constantly fiddling with new SIM cards, mentioning Jon Ronson every 2 minutes for no obvious reason and talking over everyone else as if they didn't exist.

Ohhh you're....

Off Ted bye bye, you're off Ted bye bye,
They've finally fired you and you still don't get why.

madhair60

I just checked the hashtag and there seem to be 60 tweets.

That may not account for the hundreds of TERFs I have blocked, but it's still not very many, is it?

sophie.pilbeam

At best they'll try the #IStandWithMarionMillar trick of having a handful of accounts retweet themselves thousands of times to inflate the numbers.

At best.

EDIT: Some shit TERF news aggregator is already making a thread that has no reason whatsoever to be a thread, except that it lets them put #GenderCriticalComingOutDay in every single tweet.

Dr Rock

Quote from: madhair60 on December 19, 2021, 08:11:47 AMI just checked the hashtag and there seem to be 60 tweets.

Genuine accounts with a history of posting, but up til now have not been terfy?

sophie.pilbeam

The ones I'm seeing are all anonymous XXCalleaichWitchMedusaurus🦖♀️🦖♀️-style accounts you could tell were transphobic from the fucking user name.

kalowski

And I believed in father Glinnmas
And I looked to the GC with excited eyes
'Till I woke with a titter at the first posts on Twitter
And I saw him and through his disguise

The Guppy

Merry TERFmas, merry TERFmas
But I think I'll miss this one this year

Barry Admin

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on December 19, 2021, 03:28:26 AMthe entire article is just the Daily Mail reporter regurgitating all the bollocks Glinner fed them. This is third-hand information if it's real. "OH THEY SAID THEY WOULDN'T WORK WITH ME" and of course the Daily Mail, being a bastion of journalistic integrity, didn't even check with the production company to see if any such conversation took place.

It's by a friendly journalist he's cited on his blog loads of times; he's obviously just made the whole thing up to promote this dumb day of his, and get himself mentioned alongside JK Rowling on the day of her sacred tweet.

Why else would the Daily Mail or anyone else be banging on about Pope fucking Ted a week before Christmas?

JaDanketies

Based on that comment at the end of the Daily Mail piece, I reckon Wossy might've been the big celeb he wanted to come out on GCComingOutDay (other than already-out JK). Potentially they're even still in contact?!

BennyHedgehog

Sonny_Jim

60 tweets is particulary pathetic, isn't it?  How many followers did he have again?

Some NI TERF has written a piece for the SGB:

Quote from: Lauren BlackIn October 2020, my wife and I were asked to set up the LGB Alliance Ireland. Like all of our committee, we remained anonymous to start. But as time went on, and as trolls doxxed our Sky servers to London, we discussed coming out in our own names and what that might mean for us. Our decision was, we had to tell the truth. We had to be brave.

My wife was more sure than I was. I will never forget sitting on my back step with her at home. The sun was going down and I worried aloud, "what if they come for us?" She put her red hair over her shoulder in the light of the setting sun and as it flashed in her eyes she resolved, "let them come."

We came out in our own names the next day.

What is a 'Sky server'? And how would one 'doxx them to London'?  Also love that hollywood style 'let them come', which kinda torpedoes his GC coming out day, as the writer was already out before.

QuoteMy wife's jobs have been doxxed too and she has been reported to the police by, among others, a man with a track record of using the police as his own personal enforcement arm.
So there you go, there's the Glinner angle.  It's one of the accounts that Paisley reported.

QuoteSo would I ever recommend "coming out?"

I don't think I would without fully understanding the risks involved in doing so. It is your calling or it is not and both of those are okay.
Even someone Glinner sympathetic is like 'Err yeah, GC coming out day is a bad idea'.

Lol

EDIT: Oh and on the topic of using bots to boost the hashtag, check this one out:

https://socialblade.com/twitter/user/serena02709464

Joined December 2021, 672 tweets on a single day, most of them using the hashtag.  Seems totally legit!

EDIT2:  And to finish Sonnys Twitter Roundup, guess what strong ally and friend of Glinners has done on this holy day?  Do you think he's proudly posted the hashtag?

https://twitter.com/DreyfusJames

Barry Admin

"Hello Daily Mail, can you do a puff piece about me which doesn't mention the one thing I'm trying to promote on the particular day that the piece is published. Thanks."

Another fail for Graham, on a day where he has commanded women to put themselves in danger so that more celebs might come out as transphobes.

Kankurette

On Monday, someone is going to be guzzling Tunnock's Teacakes at work while wearing a dinosaur badge and desperately hoping a colleague will notice.