Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:24:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

More worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, December 21, 2021, 12:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

As the old thread is now 101 pages, a thread to record and discuss the worst responses to the coronavirus.

The last people to be featured in the old thread were the people in this picture in this article:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-12-20/san-diego-unified-covid-vaccine-mandate-struck-down

"Pro-smile".

batwings

mothman

Kankurette

Quote from: batwings on December 21, 2021, 12:23:38 PMAnti-vaxxers block-book appointments to stop people getting life-saving Covid jab.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/12/19/anti-vaxxers-block-book-appointments-stop-people-getting-life/

So much for 'my body, my choice'. Perfectly happy to take the choice away from others.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Conspiracy fuckheads go to superspreader conspiracy fuckhead event, get COVID symptoms, immediately claim they're actually suffering from anthrax poisoning

https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7wz5a/people-got-sick-at-a-conspiracy-conference-theyre-sure-its-anthrax?utm_medium=social&utm_source=vice_facebook

Klara Sjoberg

Ferris

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on December 22, 2021, 07:46:05 PMConspiracy fuckheads go to superspreader conspiracy fuckhead event, get COVID symptoms, immediately claim they're actually suffering from anthrax poisoning

https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7wz5a/people-got-sick-at-a-conspiracy-conference-theyre-sure-its-anthrax?utm_medium=social&utm_source=vice_facebook

Was going to pop this same story in the QAnon/Dallas thread but it's all getting a bit too grim over there and its in rubbernecking territory.

It fits in here though - love the idea that someone rigged the smoke machine with anthrax to stop them all dropping truth bombs.

Fambo Number Mive

Allison Pearson's latest column is headlined "...It's time for humanity to prevail over scientists" as if scientists weren't part of humanity.

Perhaps she should reject everything which scientists had a hand in developing if she feels so strongly about them.

The Telegraph has often attacked scientists in its cartoons - I think they did one where people dressed in lab coats moved goalposts - and in its comment section. It's basically the paper of the ERG now isn't it?

Bleeding Kansas

Yes, I do seem to be getting a vibe of "Let's go burn down the observatory so this never happens again".

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on December 22, 2021, 07:46:05 PMConspiracy fuckheads go to superspreader conspiracy fuckhead event, get COVID symptoms, immediately claim they're actually suffering from anthrax poisoning

QuoteWhile Oltmann said he was "sick, sick," he claimed his symptoms were tempered because he was already taking the antibiotic doxycycline as a result of impaling his leg on an arrow in an accident in his brother's garage weeks previously.

"Leg"

Kankurette

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 23, 2021, 09:57:31 AMAllison Pearson's latest column is headlined "...It's time for humanity to prevail over scientists" as if scientists weren't part of humanity.

Perhaps she should reject everything which scientists had a hand in developing if she feels so strongly about them.

The Telegraph has often attacked scientists in its cartoons - I think they did one where people dressed in lab coats moved goalposts - and in its comment section. It's basically the paper of the ERG now isn't it?
I take it she won't be going the doctor when she gets ill then.

katzenjammer

Anti vax protest at a Covid test site. One of them steals a load of tests.

mothman

And guess who's there? Why isn't the cunt in jail yet?

Fambo Number Mive

I note the random person protesting about the BBC being full of "wokers".

I presume the tests stolen weren't actually taken yet? Even so it's disgusting behaviour especially given how few PCR test slots there are at the moment. The smile on the woman's face as she carries out the tests (and I think some other items) is disturbing.

Doubt the police will do much though. I feel sorry for the workers with the protesters bellowing in their face asking to know if they have had the vaccine yet.

Klara Sjoberg

Clearly having the best day of her life there.

Selfish, pathological cunt

jobotic

Quick Margaret, film me while I have a bit of trouble knocking this sign over.

Like the bloke right at the beginning who sneakily kicks a cone and moves it about an inch.

Fambo Number Mive

Apparently anti vax protestors also disrupted a children's pantomime in Milton Keynes. Not sure why.

Fambo Number Mive

I'm sure librarians will be delighted to have to deal with people demanding LFT boxes as well as everything else they do. How many libraries are actually giving out LFT boxes or does Javid just hate libraries?

Quote from: mothman on December 29, 2021, 06:45:34 PMAnd guess who's there? Why isn't the cunt in jail yet?

He bats for the government.

katzenjammer

QuoteThousands of anti-vaccine activists have joined a group running combat training sessions and threatening "direct action" in a sign that conspiracists have become more radical.

In the past fortnight the group, Alpha Men Assemble, has hosted several meetings for "training and strategy tactics", The Times can reveal.

At its most recent session, on a beach at Littlehampton, West Sussex, on Tuesday, up to 100 activists took part in boxing drills and a scrummaging exercise, in which two groups of dozens of people tried to push each other back.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/antivaxers-threaten-radical-action-after-boxing-drills-on-beach-h3rf9khkq

buttgammon

At least they're near the sea. Hopefully the tide can do the right thing.

mjwilson

At first I was going to make fun of then, but then I realised they had "alpha" in their title so they must mean business.

mothman

You just know the group was called that because most of the membership is comprised of men who call their companies "A1 Plumbing" so it's listed first in the Yellow Pages.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteAttendees are told to wear a "black uniform, black boots and a black hat...Members have reposted stories published by Tommy Robinson News, a social media channel run by a former leader of the English Defence League.

They sound like a load of Spodes.

jobotic

Couldn't see this anywhere other than the Times and the Mail.

More Tufton Street funded "rebels"?

Ferris

What restrictions are they so cross about? There haven't been any for 6 months.

I have spent no small amount of time in Brownhills and can confirm it is a desolate shithole so there you go.