Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:54:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Poet Cunt

Started by touchingcloth, December 22, 2021, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

This fucker's 27. Cant wait until he goes bald in a few years and cant use his "lovely young man" shtick to make his shit poems about poppies and the NHS go viral

Paul Calf

I bet he gets this all the time

touchingcloth

Quote from: flotemysost on December 22, 2021, 08:56:29 PMClunky reference to Love, Actually, as is the Joni Mitchell bit.

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 23, 2021, 10:40:51 AMJust watched it again. Imagine structuring a poem around Love Actually. You have so much to draw on when writing a poem about London and you focus on that film. Why not write about the different areas of London, for example.

I can see now that it was I who was the dunce to not realise that "actually love London" was a play on "Love Actually". I can see now that Poet Cunt is actually a genius, like Richard Curtis.

"Ho-ho-hopefully" is perhaps the worst thing I've ever read in a poem, and I've read lots of mums on Facebook.

turnstyle

Quote from: touchingcloth on December 23, 2021, 12:30:58 PMI've read lots of mums on Facebook.

I bet you have you dirty bollocks.

Rizla

I see your Poet Cunt, and I raise you Scottish Poet Cunt

(Actually don't know if this is better or worse, I couldn't bear more than 2 seconds of the OP's Poet Cunt. Anyone with that demeanour, accent and presenting style had better be about to tell me something actually fascinating about pylons or underground structures, else get into AIDS sea grave.)

pigamus

The problem with all of these people is they don't understand how hard poetry actually is to do. I've been doing it for twenty years and I still haven't written anything good yet.

idunnosomename

Born in New Zealand to Welsh parents in 1994, moved to Montreal 1995, 1998 moved to Southfields in Wandsworth, so they can't have been short of money could they really

touchingcloth

Quote from: turnstyle on December 23, 2021, 12:45:15 PMI bet you have you dirty bollocks.

Oh don't act so surprised. Why did you think they're so dirty?

touchingcloth

Quote from: pigamus on December 23, 2021, 12:52:59 PMThe problem with all of these people is they don't understand how hard poetry actually is to do. I've been doing it for twenty years and I still haven't written anything good yet.

It's quite easy really, you just need to learn a) how to rhyme and b) the rhythm that makes a poem a poem.

It's been for twenty years now
A poet I've tried to be
Hey did you guys see Love Actually?
It's the best Christmas movie

That barely took me five seconds to write.

Quote from: Paul Calf on December 23, 2021, 10:44:04 AMRight. Which aching mediocrity's son is this?

Magnus Pyke's, if his restless arm symdrome is anything to go by

bgmnts

I woke this morn,
And to no surprise,
After a tired yawn,
I hoped this cunt dies.

Catalogue Trousers

My repugnance bloated huge
When I saw this poet knave.
Like the pre-redemption Scrooge
I hope he just gets in GRAVE

Blue Jam

Is this guy Peter Devlin's cousin or something?

Fambo Number Mive

Online trolls are scum but why is Peter Devlin so focused on creating a stereotype of someone on benefits not looking for work? Why is the online troll's employment status relevant?

Cigarettes and beer cans as well because those people are even worse.

Anyone who sends messages like Devlin mentions in the song is a disgrace but the song comes across like he has an issue with people on benefits as well.

Johnny Foreigner

Benefits are best if your friends have them.

Fambo Number Mive

Watching this poem for a third time. The way he makes a big deal about how he is saying he loves London OH HOW DARING at the beginning and buying a coffee from a real person like a relatable person, must get that on camera.

Pink Gregory

Did Alfred, Lord Tennyson die for nothing?

Yes, apparently.

Johnny Foreigner

This was clearly written in a day, two days at most.

When I am doing verse, I seldom write more than five lines per day. Every single word is important.

kalowski

"She's got a big lob"
When I was a kid a "big lob" meant a massive erection.

shiftwork2

Just watched this and had to pull my ringpiece out with a coathanger.

bgmnts

Quote from: Johnny Foreigner on December 23, 2021, 07:38:42 PMThis was clearly written in a day, two days at most.

When I am doing verse, I seldom write more than five lines per day. Every single word is important.

That's how Captain Kirk would write a poem.

Fambo Number Mive

Wonder what his poem would be like if he'd used Only Fools and Horses rather than Love Fucking Actually for the references.

"I think London is cushtie, as I think about this year.

Bonnet de douche! My tuk tuk  and coffee are here".

mattyc

Mimes a smash when talking about a lob. Cunt.

mattyc

The fucking brass neck of saying this year's been a beauty full of wonder and delight. COVID? Nah, but England won a tennis and almost done a football so it's fine. Utter cunt.

touchingcloth

Quote from: mattyc on December 26, 2021, 10:42:53 AMThe fucking brass neck of saying this year's been a beauty full of wonder and delight. COVID? Nah, but England won a tennis and almost done a football so it's fine. Utter cunt.

London won a tennis, not England.

mattyc

Quite right, I was underselling this prick's parochialism there.

Fambo Number Mive

This bloke's written the NYE 2022 Midnight Moment poem, delivered by Giles Terena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp48fKYVz_M

The poem mentions Raducanu and the Lions again. Also mentions the 124 Paralympic medals but ignores how disabled people are still treated badly by must of British society.

"Tom Daly brought home gold and still found time to knit a cardi"

It's not as bad as the poem featured in the OP though.

touchingcloth

I wish this man would die in a housefire 🎉✨🎊

Mister Six

Quote from: touchingcloth on December 22, 2021, 05:30:40 PM"Look, when home alone, if feeling too emosh, just put some Joni Mitchell on"

Ooh yellow taxi welcome, in JAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 01, 2022, 06:08:06 PM"Tom Daly brought home gold and still found time to knit a cardi"

I think this poem belongs in the khazi.