Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:59:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Have you ever been upset by a comedian's hair, hairs, or hairpiece?

Started by Mobbd, December 24, 2021, 10:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I seem to remember reading something mental about Frankie Howerd where you absolutely were not allowed to acknowledge that he was wearing a syrup. If a part he was playing required a wig you had to put it over his original wig.
Like, how the fuck do you get like that?

Replies From View

Does anyone have any evidence of him wearing a wig on top of another wig?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I'm afraid you're just going to have to take my word for it.

I can't believe we're on page two and nobody has mentioned Fist of Fun-era Stewart Lee. Some absolute howlers.

Red Macadam

This year's festive 'Access of Nostalgic Toss from Childhood' has led me to '3-2-1'. Since my dad died I've become more inclined to find all sorts of shite we enjoyed together.
I love it. I love the turns, the stars, the New Faces cast-offs. Most of all, I LOVE Ted Rogers. I do. I love him. He's gorgeous. Such an expressive face, genuine reactions, eyebrows ago-go, head nods and shakes. I fancy him fucking rotten. I mean, not actually rotten, which he now is. Just Very Much.
However, that hair. Is it a wig? It changes colour more often than a chameleon in a kaleidoscope. Sometimes the ends don't match the starts. It's black. It's brown. It's red.
He's long dead. The show is long over. But I love him. He is everything. I can love a ghost, but not one with a furry pencil case cow gummed to his bonce.

Until I have a handle on his hair, I'll be all to Will's mother

Blue Jam

Jason Alexander:

I'm not sure what to think about this. I generally think that no attempt to conceal baldness looks better than baldness and that it's best to just own it, and Costanza with hair looks wrong... but owning it isn't easy for everyone and hey, he seems really happy with it. And I can totally understand actors, TV presenters etc going for stuff like this if it helps their career.

It's like Karl Pilkington when he tried out that hair system and loved it but ditched it after his girlfriend said it looked daft. I genuinely felt a bit sad for him.

Buelligan

Someone I used to know's dad was a very glum man with a wavy combover.  The combover used to spring free all the time and wave about above his right ear, exactly like a squirrel was there.  This was by far the funniest and best thing about him.

SteveDave

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on December 26, 2021, 01:08:04 PMJimmy Carr's shit hair perched atop his shit face, while he does his shit laugh through his shit teeth.

His new "style" really upsets me.

Also, I've seen a few famous people (Jemaine Clement and Matt Morgan) shilling his new stand-up show. Are there problems?

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 27, 2021, 05:33:45 PMJason Alexander:

I'm not sure what to think about this. I generally think that no attempt to conceal baldness looks better than baldness and that it's best to just own it, and Costanza with hair looks wrong... but owning it isn't easy for everyone and hey, he seems really happy with it. And I can totally understand actors, TV presenters etc going for stuff like this if it helps their career.

It's like Karl Pilkington when he tried out that hair system and loved it but ditched it after his girlfriend said it looked daft. I genuinely felt a bit sad for him.

He does look good with it too. Some head shapes look better with hair. Though would he be as funny in Seinfeld with this hair?

Ray Travez

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on December 26, 2021, 01:08:04 PMJimmy Carr's shit hair perched atop his shit face, while he does his shit laugh through his shit teeth.

Yes, but how do you really feel?

dissolute ocelot

Ross Monkeyshagger from Friends with all the gel. And Monica had a weird short cut one season.

The entire cast of Rab C Nesbitt and most 80s Scottish comedy (Gregor Fisher's baldy man etc).

Rowland Rivron.

Video Game Fan 2000

That promotional image of Jasper Carrott's Golden Balls where he's tilted his head just enough for you to see that he has some vestigial hair on his temple. Dead intimidating: he looked like a freezed-dried Alfred Hitchcock or Dead Thom Yorke. Disappointing to see from a guy with a decades long stretch of being good at hair and its absence.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Replies From View on December 26, 2021, 12:22:06 PMI'm in turmoil seeing this grotesquery.  Self-consciously Puckish awfulness.  I'm going to imagine this was around the time of Matt Smith's Doctor Who and this Russell kid was trying to get the attention of their casting people.

Been meaning to point this out but haven't been arsed (and that's how Germany ended up with Hitler) but surely that pic folks are saying is Ruusell Kane being a cunt is actually Jack Whitehall being a cunt?

Replies From View

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on January 03, 2022, 07:27:36 PMBeen meaning to point this out but haven't been arsed (and that's how Germany ended up with Hitler) but surely that pic folks are saying is Ruusell Kane being a cunt is actually Jack Whitehall being a cunt?

They are all Russell and there's nothing you can do to stop that.