Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:04:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What do you do for a living?

Started by a peepee tipi, December 27, 2021, 10:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poo

touchingcloth

I work for Kiplings cakes in the fondant fancies division, which sounds a lot fancier than it actually is.

tourism

touchingcloth

I work in waterway management in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines looking after the Fancy River, which sounds a lot fancier than it actually is.

JaDanketies

Quote from: tourism on December 27, 2021, 03:15:57 PMwow what a bunch of oversharers

I reckon someone could probably jigsaw-identify me on this board now. I need to get a bit of healthy paranoia. You know what them fuckin CaB lurkers are like, especially this dodgy cunt

Blue Jam

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I work for the local authority in the area of environmental protection. I enjoy the work itself but senior management is a lovely mix of hostile and worthless.

kngen

Deleted jic

buzby

Software/Hardware development engineer for a telecoms system that's been in service for 41 years so far (I've been working on it for the past 25 years through a couple of employers). If I'm lucky I might get another 5 years out of it.

touchingcloth

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 27, 2021, 03:40:10 PMI reckon someone could probably jigsaw-identify me on this board now. I need to get a bit of healthy paranoia. You know what them fuckin CaB lurkers are like, especially this dodgy cunt

I work as a PA for this guy, which sounds a lot fancier than it actually is.

Fr.Bigley

mjwilson

Blue Jam

greencalx

I liked it when I was a Reader as no-one knows what the fuck one of those is (Is it like a Deacon or something? I was once asked) other than that it doesn't involve doing any reading. No time for that after fighting dull documents with numbered paragraphs in MS Word.

pancreas

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I work for a pharmaceutical drug discovery company, in a sort of middleman department that's entirely technician-y and doesn't actually require any proper scientific knowledge. Which is ideal because science is hard.

paruses

I'm a data engineer but that's only until the next round of cool titles swings around. I didn't realise that until 6 months ago; I liked being an analyst programmer back in the 90s. Problem with all these titles is I often get to sit on "architecture boards" and live Guy Goma's five minutes of fame over and over for months.

greencalx

Quote from: pancreas on December 27, 2021, 06:26:19 PM^ Professorial humblebrag

Not necessarily - a large number of places seem to be phasing out this particular job title, I guess on the grounds that no-one knows what it is.

But you happen to be correct on this occasion. Happy now?

Quote from: Catalogue of ills on December 27, 2021, 12:28:59 PMIt comes under the heading of 'public protection'.

Another council twat here and that's also the name of the department I work for.

Captain Poodle Basher

I work for a financial services company. Mostly I'm ensuring compliance by doing QA audits on everyone else's efforts. The pay is good and it's never boring so it'll do for me.

Mr_Simnock

I'm supposed to be a senior analyst in the NHS but actually spend most of my time developing reports, to be honest now I just do owt I'm asked by anyone from any dept where I work. I love my job, it's very varied, I never know what I'll be working on next as time goes by so it never gets stale, if you have some data and have a particular idea for what you want out of it I'll give it a go.

Juice Terry

Ah used tae work oan they juice lorries, deliverin' juice round the schemes but that went tits-up. "Tez," they telt us, "naebody his thur juice that wey nae more". Fuckin great joab, that. The hireys wur shite bit ah had access to more Mantovani thin moast fellys kid handle. No me, though: spice ay life!

Ah wis oan the rock and roll fir a bit, then ah started daein the scud flicks wi' that cunt Sick Boy. Now ah drive a taxi an' serve up a bit o' the old sniff. Still like daein the scud bit.

The Dog

Hair and makeup for uk special forces.

The Culture Bunker

Count me as another local authority bum - in my case, pushing numbers around to make reports about various types of performance in my related department. One of those instances where I fell into it entirely by accident and wake up one morning to find I've been doing it well over a decade. As much as I take very little in the way of job satisfaction, I've managed to inch my way up the pay scales over the years so that inflation hasn't damaged me much. I've often considered trying to do something else, but always conclude that any kind of job I could get would leave me equally pissed off without any of the perks, so why bother?  On the other hand, being pushed back into working in the office has made me feel like jumping ship for somewhere that would let me WFH full-time, even if it costs me a few grand a year, for the sake of my mental and physical health.

Does feel like I'm marking the time to retirement, whenever that might be and whether it even happens.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Juice Terry on December 27, 2021, 07:02:32 PMAh used tae work oan they juice lorries, deliverin' juice round the schemes but that went tits-up. "Tez," they telt us, "naebody his thur juice that wey nae more". Fuckin great joab, that. The hireys wur shite bit ah had access to more Mantovani thin moast fellys kid handle. No me, though: spice ay life!

Ah wis oan the rock and roll fir a bit, then ah started daein the scud flicks wi' that cunt Sick Boy. Now ah drive a taxi an' serve up a bit o' the old sniff. Still like daein the scud bit.

I like the fact that the last time you posted on 'ere was almost four years ago, and that you still look at this place often enough to see a perfect opportunity for posting this barry wee entry. Ya fuckin radge.

Buelligan

Everyone knows what a cleaner is - and that's my job.  I scrub floors, clean toilets and tidy up after people.

Juice Terry

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on December 27, 2021, 07:07:04 PMI like the fact that the last time you posted on 'ere was almost four years ago, and that you still look at this place often enough to see a perfect opportunity for posting this barry wee entry. Ya fuckin radge.

Sorry mate. Ah'm loacked oot o' ma main acoont so ah'm jest sandboaxin'

Soonds like ye need tae get yur Nat King Cole mate.

hamfist

Working in financial IT and now building a startup in climate tech

Paul Calf

Quote from: Juice Terry on December 27, 2021, 07:23:02 PMSorry mate. Ah'm loacked oot o' ma main acoont so ah'm jest sandboaxin'

Soonds like ye need tae get yur Nat King Cole mate.

This was me. I'm back now.

I'm a teacher.  Absolutely everybody hates us, which is handy because at least I know where I stand.

If I ever feel like leaving, I only have to look at the Daily Mail comments bit on any article on education, which reminds me that I 'only talk to children all day', leave at 3, and have massive holidays.  That cheers me right up.