Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,207
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:46:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ryan Connolly, former Merseyside Police Officer

Started by Porky, December 29, 2021, 01:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porky

I see that this lowlife has been sacked for taking scene of crime photographs and also making homophobic and racist comments about people he has dealt with along with further photos mocking mentally ill people. So far as I know for many years any new police recruit have been required to be graduates and/or to have suitable qualifications in order prove that they are suitable people to be a police officer. We do now appear to have a lot of cases where police officer who have been recruited since the higher education qualifications have been required are turning out to be rather nasty and totally unsuitable to become police officers.Also in more recent times we have many police forces unwilling to send their offices out on the beat to meet with the general public or to do any of the of the traditional duties for which the police forces were originally formed. I do wonder whether the forces themselves have got too big and too grand .. perhaps a return to small local municipal police forces with officers who know their area might be a good idea. Perhaps also removing the requirement for graduates and instead giving potential recruit a proper assessment and training and making sure that the recruit realise that policing is an open all hours job that involves walking the streets seven days a week at any time of the day and night regardless of the weather.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Porky on December 29, 2021, 01:39:35 PMWe do now appear to have a lot of cases where police officer who have been recruited since the higher education qualifications have been required are turning out to be rather nasty and totally unsuitable to become police officers.

Bet you can't name any more than this one bad apple.

pigamus

Butchers Blind

Buelligan

If only we could go back to the good old days when the pigs were marvelous.  Sad times.

Graduate status is not a requirement for joining the filth.
https://www.lincs.police.uk/about-us/join-us/police-officers/are-you-eligible-to-become-a-police-officer/

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Buelligan on December 29, 2021, 02:46:54 PMGraduate status is not a requirement for joining the filth.
https://www.lincs.police.uk/about-us/join-us/police-officers/are-you-eligible-to-become-a-police-officer/

Is Porky telling porkies again?

I, for one, was convinced there was a link between higher education and police brutality. Are you sure Connolly didn't have one of them Mickey Mouse degrees all the leftists have these days?

imitationleather

People only look back with fondness on the police in the '70s and that because any criticism or evidence of their corruption was completely hidden from public consumption, wasn't it? The first time (white) people ever got to hear about what bastards the police were was when they were getting fitted up for something.

Wanting to boss people around and enforce law and order is always going to attract the type of person who should be the furthest away from that kind of role. This is not a new development.

Buelligan

Even now they cover it up as much as possible.  Where are the pictures of Connolly?  The BBC's article is illustrated with a photo of a police van.  And remember that police that killed himself and his baby son last summer - days of coverage tiptoeing around, then, once it was out, silence.

seepage

Entry requirement for Essex Police is having at least one opposable thumb.

shoulders

Quote from: imitationleather on December 29, 2021, 03:26:12 PMWanting to boss people around and enforce law and order is always going to attract the type of person who should be the furthest away from that kind of role.

Pretty much, same goes for politics, the hard part is how to encourage and even make attractive those roles to other kinds of people, or as Nick Knowles would put it, all "kindsa peepow".

McDead

Quote from: Porky on December 29, 2021, 01:39:35 PMI see that this lowlife has been sacked for taking scene of crime photographs and also making homophobic and racist comments about people he has dealt with along with further photos mocking mentally ill people. So far as I know for many years any new police recruit have been required to be graduates and/or to have suitable qualifications in order prove that they are suitable people to be a police officer. We do now appear to have a lot of cases where police officer who have been recruited since the higher education qualifications have been required are turning out to be rather nasty and totally unsuitable to become police officers.Also in more recent times we have many police forces unwilling to send their offices out on the beat to meet with the general public or to do any of the of the traditional duties for which the police forces were originally formed. I do wonder whether the forces themselves have got too big and too grand .. perhaps a return to small local municipal police forces with officers who know their area might be a good idea. Perhaps also removing the requirement for graduates and instead giving potential recruit a proper assessment and training and making sure that the recruit realise that policing is an open all hours job that involves walking the streets seven days a week at any time of the day and night regardless of the weather.

I ain't reading all that. Insert a line break or two, why dontcha??

Catalogue of ills

"Hey you! Why not join the police?"

What's in it for me?

"Well, you get a lot of power over people, and we've carefully cultivated a culture where if one of your colleagues becomes aware that you've done something wrong, they're unlikely to tell anyone"

Ok, well sign me up then!

"Er, you're not a cunt are you?"

Absolutely not.

"Great. Welcome to the police!"

Crenners

Quote from: Catalogue of ills on December 29, 2021, 07:40:10 PM"Hey you! Why not join the police?"

What's in it for me?

"Well, you get a lot of power over people, and we've carefully cultivated a culture where if one of your colleagues becomes aware that you've done something wrong, they're unlikely to tell anyone"

Ok, well sign me up then!

"Er, you're not a cunt are you?"

Yes.

"Great. Welcome to the police!"

Fixed 😂😂😂

chveik

Buelligan

Or, as we call it in this modern woke world, ACAB PhD ABD.

H-O-W-L

Catalogue of ills

iamcoop

I got some fun ACAB earrings for my partner as a stocking filler for Christmas and we had to explain to her mother that it stood for "All Cats Are Beautiful"

Butchers Blind