Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,207
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:51:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Flu jab fuckery

Started by Povidone, December 29, 2021, 03:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Povidone

So I just went in to get my flu/covid booster only to find that they have temporarily stopped administering flu jabs at NHS centers 'to prioritise covid boosters because of the new variant'.

Is it just me or is that complete horseshit? Asking here as I know there are some knowlageable people on this board and maybe I'm making a fuss over nothing but I find it a baffling decision.

"Because we are prioritising covid boosters we are not going to give you the flu jab we were going to give you at the same time and sent you a big letter about"

What is point? Who is this helping? I'm here, stick me you cunts.

The nurse said she didn't understand it either and would have happily given my a flu jab but they'd all been taken away and locked up.

Someone tell me I'm not going mad and this is genuinely shit decision making from either the government or NHS management. Have sent a complaint email in to NHS lothian to get some clarification but not hopeful. Don't want to contact my MP because he's an ALBA party roaster, but might have to.

Milo

It's possible that there could be an effect whereby administering both at the same time might weaken the immunity to each, or that it hasn't yet been proven that it doesn't so they're doing them separately.

Glebe

Sorry Povidone hope that gets sorted. I've had my flu jab and I just had me covid booster last week.

Povidone

Cheers, happy I got my booster anyway. Feel like a cunt writing a complaint to the NHS but I can't see any valid reason for chucking the flu jabs given they are equally important to saving lives.

Quote from: Milo on December 29, 2021, 04:56:22 PMIt's possible that there could be an effect whereby administering both at the same time might weaken the immunity to each, or that it hasn't yet been proven that it doesn't so they're doing them separately.

This was definitely not the reason given and many folk have already received both at once. I've had a few phone calls this afternoon trying to get a flu jab sorted and the general line is 'we are prioritising covid boosters' with the baffling logic that the extra two seconds it would take to stick someone with an additional needle while they were already in for a covid booster would somehow cause massive queues and disruption. I consider that to be complete bollocks until I get a full explanation as to how it isn't.

Uncle TechTip

They're only allowed a certain number of needles in one town at any one time. Especially if anti vax arseholes come and tip them in a bin.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Milo on December 29, 2021, 04:56:22 PMIt's possible that there could be an effect whereby administering both at the same time might weaken the immunity to each, or that it hasn't yet been proven that it doesn't so they're doing them separately.

Had my booster in my left arm and flu jab in my right at the same time, no noticable ill effects.