Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:43:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fucked if I know what my xbox live password is

Started by Cold Meat Platter, December 29, 2021, 10:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

just got a new Xbox - hooray
Haven't used xbox live since the xbox 360 and haven't got a fucking clue what details I gave them back in 2006 or whenever - boo

Tried to sign in on the 360 to try and change password, it's a different hotmail address from my main one I used for some reason but cannot for the life of me remember the password, trying to change it online i get asked for my favourite film but I'm fucked if I can remember what I said. Tried to submit recovery forms a couple of times but they failed, they were asking me for bank details from over 10 years ago etc. Not even sure if I had my real name associated with the account, it was 2006 when I set it up and security was shit.

So, do I bite the bullet and just start again and lose my xbox live arcade games and 360 DLC or is there some way of getting a human to have a look? Not arsed about gamerscore or achievements or that arsegravy but I think I had a few decent indie games I wouldn't mind keeping.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

For favourite film, try "Police Academy 3: Back In Training"

Cold Meat Platter

Cold Meat Platter

Is the security question answer case sensitive?

madhair60

the online chat will get you to a human if you persist slightly. i've found them very good and useful in the past.

Klara Sjoberg

I was in a similar situation and it was just a case of waiting and waiting after filling out the request for contact form but I did eventually get satisfaction.

Lot of waiting though

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/contact-us

Ferris

Post all your regular passwords and logins in here and I'll take a look for you.

TheGingerAlien

Had the same with mine but couldn't be arsed to recover it. 

But basically what Klara said.

These are their 'tips' for the recovery form (apologies for datablast):

Answer as many questions as you can:
When thinking of past passwords, provide as many as you can for us to check, even if you aren't sure they're correct.
Think back to when you created the account or last updated it. Have you moved since you created the account? Changed your name?
If you can, submit the form from a computer you frequently use with this account.
Your email address may be country-specific. For example, if you created your account in Sweden, your domain would be "hotmail.co.se" instead of "hotmail.com."
Select all the products that you use. The more info you provide, the more we can use to verify that you own the account.
When answering the Xbox questions:
Gamertag questions are not case-sensitive.
Tell us which console your account has been used on the most.
----->>>>>Console IDs and device IDs can be found in your console settings even if you're not signed in.
After you complete the form, you'll receive an email acknowledging that your request has been received. You'll then receive a response to that request within 24 hours.
If you reached the limit for account recovery requests, try again in 24 hours.
The password reset link expires 72 hours after delivery, so watch for it. Check your spam or junk folder to see if any of the account recovery emails are there if you don't receive it. If you receive an email notifying you that there wasn't enough info provided to verify your identity, or if you don't receive an email within 24 hours, skip to "If we aren't able to recover your account online" below.