Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:24:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

4K TVs for gaming

Started by Cold Meat Platter, December 30, 2021, 02:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

Anyone got any recommendations for a good 4K TV for Xbox series X that may be going cheap anywhere? Hugeness is not really a priority but more 120Hz and VRR ideally and general image quality/lag for defo.

Crenners

If you want all those features, you won't get it for cheap. Just save up for longer and get an LG OLED, it will blow everything else away. I got a half-measure gaming telly a few years ago for about £700 because I didn't want to spend on an OLED. It was good. Played on my brother's LG C9, completely nuked my telly for only a few hundred quid more. Sold mine and got an OLED start of last year. One of the best things I've ever spent money on. Even the Switch looks great on it. Films etc are vastly better on OLED, regardless of resolution.

seepage

The Samsung 'Crystal UHD' AU9000 is geared towards gaming and the 43" is £400 or less. Saw a positive review on YT.

Crenners

I had the predecessor of that set, great for input lag but the image pales in comparison. If OLED means saving up for another year or until Black Friday, it will still be worth it.

The Guppy

I agree. I bought one of those entry level Samsung 4Ks this year and they're really good value, but massively worse than OLED. So I returned it and I'll keep playing games at 720p for another year.

Cold Meat Platter

Amazon are doing a LG OLED55C14LB (C1 I think) for 1165? VRR, 120hz, 55in

Decent deal?

Crenners

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on December 31, 2021, 12:57:37 AMAmazon are doing a LG OLED55C14LB (C1 I think) for 1165? VRR, 120hz, 55in

Decent deal?

It's about what I paid for the C9 last year so I'd say it's a good price. I would recommend spending an extra tenner and a going via John Lewis because of their warranty. Amazing TV though, defo.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Crenners on December 31, 2021, 12:09:47 PMIt's about what I paid for the C9 last year so I'd say it's a good price. I would recommend spending an extra tenner and a going via John Lewis because of their warranty. Amazing TV though, defo.

Cheers. Just shiting it that the price is going to drop right after I pull the trigger as has happened recently.
Fucking anxiety-inducing capitalist wankers.

AsparagusTrevor

I have the 65 inch version of that telly and can confirm it's an amazing TV for all content. The gaming features are very good, I have a gaming PC hooked up to mine and there is basically no input lag, playing stuff in VRR/GSync 120hz feels so good.

I think the 55 inch was around £1700 when it first came out, so I couldn't see the price dropping much more. Go for it, you won't regret it.