Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:35:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How You Seeing in New Year?

Started by Tony Tony Tony, December 31, 2021, 10:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Tony Tony

As 2022 is virtually upon us how y'all looking to see out Old Father Time and welcome in the promise of a spanking new year?

Are you risking all by going out to celebrate at a COVID riddled festive shindig or cowering at home cradling something vaguely alcoholic?

I will be throwing caution to the wind and am travelling to the frozen north for a family get together. If it is anything like previous years there will be at least three fights and two tearful breakdowns... and that's just me.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

My second consecutive year in Tallinn. Last year, was confined to flat , 'cos Covid.
This year, will probs go on the piss, might even pull an all nighter. Or might not, deffo way too old for that kind of caper.

Good post, cheers.

frajer

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on December 31, 2021, 10:40:56 AMcowering at home cradling something vaguely alcoholic?

This but with no vagueness about the alcohol, plus films. Love a good boozy film night on New Years.

Butchers Blind

dissolute ocelot

I shall be staying at home without even a trip outdoors at midnight to watch distant fireworks, as there don't seem to be any this year. Scot Squad Hogmanay special?

Gurke and Hare

Might go up to Blackheath for midnight. I've no idea if this is a thing people do, but when I lived near Ally Pally I speculatively went up there one year and it was great, no organised event but loads of people setting fireworks off and generally having fun so I'll see if the same happens on Blackheath as it's probably the nearest local equivalent.

steve98

I'll be staying in as I'm on crutches (due to a defective foot), which means New Year revelers can legally kill me. (It's to do with "First-footing" and getting the most auspicious first-foot possible, at your door)

monkfromhavana

Usually we go to friends for NYE, but this year we're just going to go to the pub this afternoon, then get takeaway pizza and drink at home watching some films.

JamesTC

I wonder how many people will be trying to orgasm exactly at midnight. On their own or with like-minded company.

Jittlebags

Getting a takeaway curry in later, then some board games (Power Grid possibly), then might watch Jools interfere with the ivories.

seepage

Totally random whether I last until midnight or conk out around 9pm, no correlation with the amount of booze, or booze to food ratio. ASDA 'extra special' cottage pie and various 2012 fizz ready in the fridge.

bgmnts

Coughing in bed having had a few rum and cokes.

king_tubby

My other half's birthday is today. We've been out for posh breakfast and then this evening I'm cooking aubergine and mango noodles from one of the Ottolenghi books and we'll watch the new Boba Fett thing.

Buelligan

Cleaning my own home right now.  Later, might watch a couple of films I've been saving.  Might take a small glass of something good, old and single but only might, I don't drink any more.  Might open the chocolates I was sent for the Christmas.  Probably though, the same as I do every night, Pinky.

king_tubby

https://twitter.com/ClarkeMicah/status/1476872677705015301

QuoteMy response to the (weird) greeting 'Happy New Year': 'Thank you but I pay absolutely no attention to the 'New Year', an empty moment which I associate with the former USSR's (failed) attempt to abolish Christmas'

Gonna enjoy NYE more just to annoy Peter Hitchens.

Crenners

Gonna watch Schindler's List with a family grab bag of crisps.

shiftwork2

TrenterPercenter

Isolating with the vid.  Other half scowling at me as even though she is negative no-one wants her to come to anything because she is living with the plagued.

Going to have some curry and a rum and ginger.  Bed at 5 past.

Galeee

As usual, hiding from enforced jollity. With some cava.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I am going to be stuck in a travelodge.

imitationleather

I'm going to a pub a mate runs in London.

Gonna bring back some piping hot Omicron.

GMTV

Trying my best to stay awake for the bells, then undoubtedly crashing out soon after.

The plan is for a few beers, a small bonfire/barbecue and a few fireworks at midnight. Unless the driver kicks me off the bus of course. Arf arf.

chveik

i got covid (omicron symptoms so pretty mild). i wouldn't have done anything anyway

mothman

Our usual NYE meal (stuffed rolled pork loin, roasted butternut squash mash, red cabbage and a port & cranberry jus), some Prosecco. Go out at midnight to chat to our neighbours (we all get on well) and that'll be it.

I hate New Year. Always have, but now I'm at the age where there are less to come than have already gone. I'm dreading having to do it all again. It's not that it's been an uneventful or wasted year (building work, one child doing GCSEs then going on to sixth form, other not going to school at all because of her autism, MrsMoth's heart problems, actually getting to go on holiday, etc...) but I'm just feeling so numb right now. Depressed and tired of life.

canadagoose

My best pal and I were going to be going to Queensferry, but we're staying in instead. It'll be nice, we've got a big cheese to put in the oven and I've got a bottle of Old Pulteney to see in 2022.

I always find 2nd January really depressing for some reason, though. I've often felt really low then, and I'm not sure why. Maybe I need to distract myself more.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: chveik on December 31, 2021, 03:26:14 PMi got covid (omicron symptoms so pretty mild). i wouldn't have done anything anyway

Hope you feel better soon.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on December 31, 2021, 02:29:25 PMIsolating with the vid.  Other half scowling at me as even though she is negative no-one wants her to come to anything because she is living with the plagued.

Going to have some curry and a rum and ginger.  Bed at 5 past.

Hope you feel better soon as well, if I haven't already mentioned this.

TrenterPercenter

Cheers @Fambo Number Mive I'm feeling alright in the main just having to rely on other people to do some stuff for the old man which isn't always as easy as it should be - as someone said to me "enforced relaxation" enjoy it whilst you can!