Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:28:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How You Seeing in New Year?

Started by Tony Tony Tony, December 31, 2021, 10:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bently Sheds

On my own. Two episodes of The Expanse, some Ghost of Tsushima, no booze, clean out the litter tray, quick check on CaB, bed before 12.

Glebe

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on December 31, 2021, 11:26:53 PMChristmas? Pfft! Port is a year-round breakfast drink.

And I'm sure you enjoy many 'rounds' each morn!

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I'm getting deja vu with the Jools lineup. Haven't most of these people been on the last couple of years as well?

Ferris

Quote from: Glebe on December 31, 2021, 11:17:38 PMAw no sorry to hear you've got the vid Ferris, Trenter and chveik

You'll be delighted to hear I've already recovered. 5 beers and some aloo gobi into proceedings - going mental out the windows! Yes lads!!

(Wishes of good health to everyone with covid - and without - and I'm so fucking tired I don't think I'll make it past 11pm. Mad one!)

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I would be very interested to see a timeline of Jools ageing. He looks more like what I imagine he looked like as a baby now than he did when he was a young man in the 80s.

Glebe

Quote from: Ferris on December 31, 2021, 11:44:24 PMYou'll be delighted to hear I've already recovered. 5 beers and some aloo gobi into proceedings - going mental out the windows! Yes lads!!

(Wishes of good health to everyone with covid - and without - and I'm so fucking tired I don't think I'll make it past 11pm. Mad one!)

Glad to hear it Ferris! Despite my forum ubiquity I tend to miss some things that are going on. In any case Happy New Year!

the science eel

so you actually CONDONE Jools Holland?

the science eel

I mean, this is worse than the 'WE LUV ERASURE' 856-page thread!

Ferris

Quote from: Glebe on December 31, 2021, 11:46:30 PMGlad to hear it Ferris! Despite my forum ubiquity I tend to miss some things that are going on. In any case Happy New Year!

Happy new year to you as well!

Not kidding about being shattered, I probably won't make it to my own Auld Lang Syne moment but it is nice to bathe in the reflected glow of 2022 CaBbers who have already tipped over the edge!

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: the science eel on December 31, 2021, 11:46:43 PMso you actually CONDONE Jools Holland?

I think he's a thoroughly tragic figure trapped in a spiral of decline but I find that and him strangely beautiful.

EDIT: his hands are boogie woogieing but he is powerless to stop them

the science eel

He's misguided at best.

I've gone off 'Vic Reeves' because of his association with the chump.

Terrible times

greencalx

We're undergoing our annual ritual of subjecting ourselves to the raw sewage that BBC1 Scotland pumps out at this time of year, all of it superfluous apart from the bangs and the bells. Currently celebrating the triumphant 0-0 draw against England in the Euros.

They've got Doon Mackichan though so not all bad.

jobotic

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on December 31, 2021, 11:37:06 PMWatching the lad from It's A Sin on TV. I wasn't aware he also did mediocre pop music too.

He must be boring himself let alone Kylie

Stoneage Dinosaurs

bgmnts

The first thing I learn about in 2022 is Tony Blair is now a knight of the realm.

Starting the suicidal urges early this year.

Happy New Year all.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Keebleman

Just switched on Jools Holland purely to see Big Ben and they didn't show it!  Does Sky have exclusive rights or something?

Lemming

Missed midnight, scalded my hand in the kitchen and was busy putting it under the cold tap and saying "fuck" and "ooh" at five second intervals.

TrenterPercenter

A Vic Reeves, pissed, shouting "DIZZ-EH!" into a humans face forever.

Happy New Year x

greencalx

Tried doing that Auld Lang Syne dance with the cat. She was not amused.

jobotic

Shitloads of fireworks. My cat watched it out of the open window with me.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Happy New Year you lovely people.

Alberon

The fireworks are the same old shit, but I did like the drone display.

Kelvin

I spent the last few minutes of 2021 trying to think of the most apt, meaningful way to see in the new year. Settled on recording a dumb video for facebook.

Kankurette

Drinking port and listening to Slipknot in honour of Joey Jordison's death, and to drown out the sound of fireworks cos my cat hates them. In my house, I am not cool enough to go clubbing and getting there and back would be a PITA anyway.

Happy new year!

TrenterPercenter

What are the nations thoughts about making a blood sacrifice of Ed Sheeran in hope of a better 2022?

Needs to be done before sunrise for it to work I believe.

Kankurette

Quote from: Glebe on December 31, 2021, 11:43:02 PMAnd I'm sure you enjoy many 'rounds' each morn!

You're absolutely right and I don't need a high fibre diet to keep me regular either - no straining for me. In fact after a bottle of breakfast port it's rare that I even make it to the toilet before I completely void my bowels.

Pink Gregory

the guns...they've stopped.

is the war over?