Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:29:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Replacing your bad teeth

Started by The Lurker, December 31, 2021, 01:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lurker

Implying that you - like myself - have bad teeth.

I've just chipped one at the side of my mouth and my back teeth aren't in a great state either. Granted you wouldn't be able to tell but I do have a slight worry that my front teeth will follow suit.

Has anyone on here had veneers? Would you recommend it? Was it at a great cost? Perhaps you have had teeth replaced also. Maybe you also have bad teeth and want to discuss it, well my friends, this is the thread for you...

bgmnts

Shit teeth coffee addict cunt here. Have always had weird teeth since before I could even ruin them so i've never been too arsed.

I managed to condition myself not to smile though, over the years, which is quite impressive in my opinion.

Porky

Quote from: The Lurker on December 31, 2021, 01:03:41 PMImplying that you - like myself - have bad teeth.

I've just chipped one at the side of my mouth and my back teeth aren't in a great state either. Granted you wouldn't be able to tell but I do have a slight worry that my front teeth will follow suit.

Has anyone on here had veneers? Would you recommend it? Was it at a great cost? Perhaps you have had teeth replaced also. Maybe you also have bad teeth and want to discuss it, well my friends, this is the thread for you...
King Billy over on the corner has had some dental bridge work done in Budapest to give him an entirely new set of pearly whites, perhaps that might be an option.

Buelligan

Bowie ruined his beauty doing that shit.  He was still beautiful after but his teeth were boring.

Galeee

My son had a bad accident skateboarding and smashed up loads of teeth, which he has gradually replaced over a period of years.
The description of having the tooth peg hammered into his jawbone made me go a bit funny. But he said it was painless, if weird.
He also said that the screwed in version is more likely to get infected, according to his dentist.

Dr Rock

Still missing one of my front teeth, Stav style. Need a grand to get a screw in one. Didn't make enough over Christmas to both pay for that and get the backrent together.Tempted to do a crowd funder but it's taking the piss so I won't. Nobody but the landlady has seen me without a mask since I lost it anyway.

Hope this helps.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Fashion a fake front tooth out of old chewing gum. It's adhesive qualities will keep it in place in the cavity.

shiftwork2

I have a troublesome molar that's in the last chance saloon (root canal & crown in 2003, root canal re-do & new crown last year) and it's been playing up over Chismas so the cunt's coming out in the New Year.  Really not looking forward to the grotesqueries and expense of an implant but you need your choppers.

My absurd dental history is written in comic sans.

shiftwork2

Mentioned this before but my nana had all her teeth out as a wedding present.  This wasn't massively unusual in 1932.  Sometimes I wonder if they had it right.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Did your Grandad do it with a hammer?

Buelligan

Quote from: shiftwork2 on December 31, 2021, 02:53:16 PMMentioned this before but my nana had all her teeth out as a wedding present.  This wasn't massively unusual in 1932.  Sometimes I wonder if they had it right.

Mine had the same.  I think it was in preparation for the birth of her first child.  Maybe they had infanticide in the family. 

I didn't find out about the falsies until after she died - was embarrassed about it all her days.  Odd, because I remember seeing a glass with teeth in by her bed when I was little and, when asked, she told me she didn't know whose they were.  Which I found greatly surprising even then but accepted for I believed her to be truthful.

Great to discover yet another way of making people feel shame about their own bodies.

shiftwork2

Yeah, no.  It's in The Road to Wigan Pier I think, or at least the aspiration to have them all out is.

Another tangent but this also reminds me of a patient we had who needed the 'ok' from his dental butcher before starting a therapy as the therapy stops any bone or tooth healing.  A fresh dickhead Doctor had requested a 'dental clearance' for the poor fella when he in fact wanted a 'dental check' as a clearance is what my nana had.  Spotted in time.  He was too young to be a gurner.

seepage

My mouth doesn't open very wide, so dentists hate me. Had a lot of work done about 10 years ago and I think the first dentist pretended he'd left the practice to avoid me. Then his replacement used to give me head massages - is that normal? I told my partner the dentist had to use a child-size clamp to keep my mouth open and to this day they still find it hilarious doing 'you don't see many of those around, do you?' wide-mouthed frog impressions in front of me.

Buelligan

That dentist open wide thing, I always thought they did it to everyone but perhaps it is just us, the people with neat mouths. 

I mean, fuck me, you can only open your mouth to the wideness of your actual mouthhole.  After that, it's a surgeon you need.  Fucking twats.

Psmith

Quote from: shiftwork2 on December 31, 2021, 02:53:16 PMMentioned this before but my nana had all her teeth out as a wedding present.  This wasn't massively unusual in 1932.  Sometimes I wonder if they had it right.

We have a neighbour who was born in the outback.It was a regular thing, once kids had all their teeth,the dentist came and pulled them.Regular visits from a dentist were impossible so false teeth were the best option.

Janie Jones

Quote from: shiftwork2 on December 31, 2021, 03:18:25 PMIt's in The Road to Wigan Pier I think, or at least the aspiration to have them all out is.

Yes. My gran had all her teeth removed as a 21st birthday present. She was born the same year as the Queen Mother who kept her teeth until her death aged over 100, demonstrating the difference in health outcomes and life chances between rich and poor in the good old days.

Recent teeth thread here: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=87400.0

pigamus

Wish I could have that done. My teeth are horrible. Not unhealthy, just naturally yellow. My mom's were the same. I never smile.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: pigamus on December 31, 2021, 06:35:01 PMWish I could have that done. My teeth are horrible. Not unhealthy, just naturally yellow. My mom's were the same. I never smile.

Have all your teeth pulled out? I'll do it for a tenner. I could have a go at making the dentures too, for another tenner.

Tony Tony Tony

I'm sure disgraced racist Danny Baker mentioned that amongst his mates (or their parents) it was a regular and much appreciated 21st birthday 'present' to have all your choppers pulled out thereby saving pain in later life.

As an engineering apprentice I was at college with a guy who had absolutely no teeth for the first month or so of our training, whilst his gums recovered from the extractions. One day he turned up with a gleaming set of pearly whites, though still retained the nickname 'Gummy Bear'.

An erstwhile friend of my wife paid thousands of pounds of your good money to have veneers that her mouth promptly rejected and she looked worse than ever as a result. Though she was such a hateful type that my opinion was that it was the veneers that had rejected her.   

pigamus

Rather just have them all pulled out i think

Don't mind falsies, wouldn't give a shit

Tony Tony Tony

My issue is that, like a fair number of my family, I seem to have naturally porous teeth. As a result of drinking far too much coffee they have a distinct yellow tinge. This wouldn't be much of a problem but I work for a US company and on video calls I get blinded by the whiteness of some of my colleagues sets.I actually find the unnatural whiteness of the US types off putting sometimes. No doubt my gnashers go a long way to perpetuating the long held view of most Americans that we brits have appalling sets of choppers.

Dex Sawash

Shouldn't wisdom teeth fill in for any others that you have fucked up?

shiftwork2

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on December 31, 2021, 07:48:01 PMMy issue is that, like a fair number of my family, I seem to have naturally porous teeth. As a result of drinking far too much coffee they have a distinct yellow tinge. This wouldn't be much of a problem but I work for a US company and on video calls I get blinded by the whiteness of some of my colleagues sets.I actually find the unnatural whiteness of the US types off putting sometimes. No doubt my gnashers go a long way to perpetuating the long held view of most Americans that we brits have appalling sets of choppers.

Toilet teeth.  British dentistry is a source of embarrassment, pain and anguish to everyone who has been subjected to its barely-professional whims (and of course now, as it has become private-only, a source of worry) but at least we don't have those confections.

Buelligan

I agree.  Sometimes I see an American person on the Youtube and it's mesmerising.  Watching that clacking white beak poking out of the flesh.