Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:36:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Arise, Sir Warcriminal

Started by Alberon, December 31, 2021, 10:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: boki on January 04, 2022, 10:56:36 AMClosest thing I can think of is Benjamin Zephaniah's OBE rejection

Quote from: Benjamin Zephaniah in that articleYou can't fool me, Mr Blair. You want to privatise us all; you want to send us to war. You stay silent when we need you to speak for us, preferring to be the voice of the US. You have lied to us, and you continue to lie to us, and you have poured the working-class dream of a fair, compassionate, caring society down the dirty drain of empire. Stick it, Mr Blair – and Mrs Queen, stop going on about the empire. Let's do something else.

I love him.

The Mollusk

robhug

I think my opinion of anyone who skyrocket on the news they'd rejected an honour, even someone like James Corden.

Michael Sheen handed his back so he's sort of done it and he's a bit of an all round Mr Nice Guy.

The only reason to keep the whole shebang going is that Beckham is absolutely furious he hasn't got the top one, for which I am eternally grateful. Until they give the cunt one.

the Fallen

New gig: Experienced spinner Scott Colvin is jumping across from Finsbury Glover Hering to Aviva as its new global public affairs director. Colvin is a former Tory adviser and aviation guru.

seepage

Reading an old Private Eye and there's a bit about a twice-bankrupt PR chancer who apparently received a £40,000/month retainer from Calvin Harris to get him a knighthood.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on January 03, 2022, 11:25:57 AMIt'll be the Lords, next.  I mean, as an old public schoolboy, I'm sure he like cricket.

oh no

HE LOVES IT