Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:24:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

To Tattoo or not too Tattoo?

Started by Tony Tony Tony, January 01, 2022, 11:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Tony Tony

Am seriously considering getting my fist ever tattoo. Plan is a small discreet Bee in tribute to the City of my birth (Manchistor) somewhere easily covered.

Hesitant, as when I was nipper tats were for ruffians, bus drivers (who always seemed to have a swallow on their hand when dispersing tickets) or Sailors, not that I met many- Sailors that is, I knew plenty of ruffians.

So where do folks here stand on yer inking? Would I be satisfied with a single insect or is it a slippery slope to the full Beckham?

rue the polywhirl

I would say no to the tattoo mainly because my inkling is that they're a waste of money and I would rather give the money saved to a bee charity or Manchester charity.

The Guppy

I like them on folk but I'm too fickle to get one. I'd be sick of it within a week.

Jim_MacLaine

Where have you been for the last twenty years. There are tattoo shops on every high street.

Probably more original to draw it on with a marker pen.

bgmnts

They're ubiquitous now so any interest to get one has long since left me. Unsure what I'd get anyway.

Buelligan

I like the idea of the bee, a bee is one of my favourite things ever.  If you feel like having a hidden bee, fill your boots, it's personal, part of being your own person with your history.

My advice is to tread softly because dreams fade less in the half-light.

I have no tattoos.

Jasha

Butchers Blind

I think it's a good idea to let someone you don't know draw on you, and it will never come off.

DrGreggles

I've never seen a tattoo that looks better than some skin.

idunnosomename

Should've changed the bee to an en

Dr Rock

What if a loved one dies because a giant bee fell on them?

Buelligan

A - C - A - Bee.  Right on the face.

The Guppy

Quote from: Dr Rock on January 01, 2022, 01:05:39 PMWhat if a loved one dies because a giant bee fell on them?
Tattoo the loved one's name under the bee tattoo, to always remember that time they got crushed by a giant bee. Maybe some Batman-style SPLAT! POW! bubbles around it.

madhair60

you bloody are a bloody bee, mate!!

Blue Jam

I think you should get a Liver bird instead.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 01, 2022, 02:20:23 PMI think you should get a Liver bird instead.

Best laugh I've had this year.

Jittlebags

Why not just wear a stripey jumper, and stick a couple of pipe cleaners in a hat.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The blurred out bit is a bee.

Fambo Number Mive

Just draw it on one of your favourite hats, and then you can have a bee in your bonnet.

Kankurette

If I get another, it will be a) small and b) a tramp stamp. Not just because I'm a wuss but also because I'm a fidget, and one of my mates has an amazing Old Man Gloom tat on one of his arms and I'm impressed at him managing to sit still for that long.

Dr Rock

If you ever go off Manchster, perhaps because you start liking Leeds more, simply get another bee tattoo, and a crown one. And say you are into the blues.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Jittlebags on January 01, 2022, 02:48:38 PMWhy not just wear a stripey jumper, and stick a couple of pipe cleaners in a hat.

I assume he's already doing that.

Keebleman

I have never seen your skin, but I am 100% sure it looks good as it is and doesn't need improving.  Don't become a walking billboard for the mutilation industry.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

You're way too old to be getting a tattoo, you daft John Sessions Lookalike cunt. If you * do* get one, go for a full on Charlie Manson-like swastika right in the middle of yer forehead.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on January 01, 2022, 03:14:55 PMYou're way too old to be getting a tattoo, you daft John Sessions Lookalike cunt. If you * do* get one, go for a full on Charlie Manson-like swastika right in the middle of yer forehead.

Best advice this year.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on January 01, 2022, 02:22:46 PMBest laugh I've had this year.

Cheers, that's the greatest compliment I've had this year.

Ferris

Why not get one? You want it, go for it.

I have a couple, they're small and hidden away and really not a big deal.

Quote from: Ferris on January 01, 2022, 04:52:25 PMI have a couple, they're small and hidden away and really not a big deal.

Same here.

seepage

New Lord of the Rings special effects "disappointing".

Fambo Number Mive

How are tattoes priced? I presume the main factors are the time they will take, the amount of ink used and how easy the area is to tattoo?

Never been to a tattoo parlour so just wondered.