Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:03:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stewart Lee trending on Twitter as a result of his end of year newsletter

Started by MigraineBoy, January 03, 2022, 09:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MojoJojo

Quote from: phantom_power on January 07, 2022, 07:43:49 AMI am not sure being able to use a search function equates to understanding the dynamics and pitfalls of social media and the complex interactions inherent within it. Occasionally browsing Twitter for a specific purpose is a completely different experience to being embedded in it

There was a bit in one of the old RHLSTP where Stewart says he isn't on twitter because he hates the idea of people tweeting about him going to the shops and the like. In a later episode Herring points out that not being on twitter doesn't stop people tweeting about him. I think he just assumes that he if he ignores social media, it will ignore him.

pigamus

That's not what he meant. He meant he hates it for that reason and refuses to use it, not that he doesn't use it in the hope that people will stop tweeting about him.

idunnosomename

king_tubby

Quote from: whatabulb on January 07, 2022, 08:46:17 AMadditional point:  never trust a man that orders phaal.

sounds like i'm being flippant but never more serious!

it's a normal curry with a bag of chillis tipped in to make the eater "look hard".

in the newsletter he brags that he made a dinner guest hallucinate with one of his phaals.  i prefer it when guests say that was nice thank you i am enjoying myself.

why is no 1 talking about the phaals.  it is the key to unlocking this entire business.

I know; my main takeaway (pun intended) from this is how much of a deathwish Stew must be on. Doesn't he mention in his book that he suffers from some kind of persistent ibs or bowel problem of some sort? Surely eating that many phaals would be literally the most effective way to exacerbate that? It's fucking madness

I've never had a phaal at a restaurant before , I like spice but even vindaloo can feel like a bit of endurance test which isn't what I look for in a dining experience.

Ray Travez

Quote from: whatabulb on January 07, 2022, 08:46:17 AMin the newsletter he brags that he made a dinner guest hallucinate with one of his phaals.

That was the phaal- the friends experiment

Twonty Gostelow

I recall Darrell on here and more frequently on NOTBBC, where he was an interesting fount of comedy facts and opinion, which he occasionally didn't wear lightly. From time to time he came across as dismissive with people who got things wrong or weren't comedy geeks. Pretty sure he was a Stewart Lee fan, and may even have interacted with Lee on NOTBBC at least, where Lee would occasionally post, which might explain why DM was hurt by the list.
I suppose it could have been a case of Lee getting constantly recommended DM's videos in his youtube feed and he was just offhandedly reacting against that.
I think his theme tune videos are good, for what it's worth.

kalowski

the Fallen

Quote from: MojoJojo on January 07, 2022, 10:27:29 AMThere was a bit in one of the old RHLSTP where Stewart says he isn't on twitter because he hates the idea of people tweeting about him going to the shops and the like. In a later episode Herring points out that not being on twitter doesn't stop people tweeting about him. I think he just assumes that he if he ignores social media, it will ignore him.

He dreams of utopia

tribalfusion

Quote from: MojoJojo on January 07, 2022, 10:27:29 AMThere was a bit in one of the old RHLSTP where Stewart says he isn't on twitter because he hates the idea of people tweeting about him going to the shops and the like. In a later episode Herring points out that not being on twitter doesn't stop people tweeting about him. I think he just assumes that he if he ignores social media, it will ignore him.

I don't think Lee assumes that at all. I don't think he sees much upside to getting involved there and given the type of career and fans he has, I think it's a very reasonable position.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: whatabulb on January 07, 2022, 08:46:17 AMadditional point:  never trust a man that orders phaal.

sounds like i'm being flippant but never more serious!

it's a normal curry with a bag of chillis tipped in to make the eater "look hard".

in the newsletter he brags that he made a dinner guest hallucinate with one of his phaals.  i prefer it when guests say that was nice thank you i am enjoying myself.

why is no 1 talking about the phaals.  it is the key to unlocking this entire business.

Mk-Korma

McChesney Duntz

Quote from: kalowski on January 08, 2022, 04:45:15 PMCan I just say that this is excellent.

Agreed. Best thing that came out of this desolate discussion.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

"Get home, look it up on Twitter: A fucking cunt came into my shop today. He looked like a paedophile, who would kill a child. I hope he dies of a wasting disease, and all cocks go in his mouth."

idunnosomename

i thin k that stewart lee must go to prison for the rest of his natural life.

somersetchris

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 09, 2022, 03:12:26 PMi thin k that stewart lee must go to prison for the rest of his natural life.

These days if you even say you're Stewart Lee, they throw you in jail!

Video Game Fan 2000