Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:02:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrity Gnashers

Started by Jittlebags, January 05, 2022, 02:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jittlebags

Using the word celebrity in the loosest manner here. Did anyone cop Joey Essex's teeth on Mastercheff Celebrity Reloaded or whatever it was called. All his teeth looked identical. You couldn't say - that one's an incisor, that one's a canine. It was a homogenous sterile white set of shiny squares.
I also remember thinking that's a very homogenous set of chompers there when Jordan was on it a few years ago. What's going on there then? Do they have their teeth knocked out and replaced with some plastic, or is is something a bit more densisty?
The difference is stunning when you have Joey and Wallace's clackers in the same shot.

Veneers

They are basically thin porcelain tooth covers. Like fake nails, except permanently glued on and in your gob.

https://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/veneers

They look absolutely ridiculous, but so do lip fillers and tattooed eyebrows and every cunt seems to have them these days, so who am I to judge?

Blue Jam

touchingcloth

Veneers, aye. They look like they just be as uncomfortable as hell, like they're a whole extra tooth on your tooth.

I saw something with Tom Hardy the other day, and it was amazing that his teeth were slightly crooked and off-white. You know, like teeth.

thenoise

They chip your real teeth down to nasty little stumps then add the falsies on top.

It is complete shit, looks as bad as dentures do, although at least you are spared keeping them in a glass by your bed. Goodness knows why anyone with basically healthy teeth would go through it.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: thenoise on January 05, 2022, 07:45:01 PMIt is complete shit, looks as bad as dentures do, although at least you are spared keeping them in a glass by your bed. Goodness knows why anyone with basically healthy teeth would go through it.

Like some other cosmetic surgery it's gone past being a discreet touch-up and is now an ostentatious status symbol.

Das Reboot

I get mesmerised by the pure white glare from the mouth of that bloke who does those bloody Cinch adverts.

You'll be glad to know that Katie Price's teeth reconstruction was filmed.

Jittlebags

Fucking hell. Sod that lark.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Hat FM

it's just so odd isn't it? when people started getting their teeth done it was presumably so that their teeth looked nice and not yellow and gappy like the plebs in the real world but now the veneers just look so white, beaming and unnatural that it kinda defeats the intended purpose of nautural beauty. there has been a fair bit of tooth chat on c&b over the last six months and i am enjoying it.

non capisco

Quote from: The Bumlord on January 05, 2022, 07:58:43 PM

I guarantee if I had that done that would be the point when the dentist realised he's run out of veneers and won't be able to order any more in for two weeks.

steve98

Stick this on his veneers, why not. (It's a Vemeer.)

Catalogue of ills

It's one of the reasons The Book of Boba Fett is no good. You're not telling me that a grizzled old bounty hunter who lived in the belly of a giant sand monster for a bit has Hampsteads like Jürgen Klopp.

gilbertharding

I'm always a little bit perplexed by the teeth on Julia Roberts. She seems to have far, far too many and they're all the same as each other.

I also can't look at those people you see whose teeth are far too small and you can see their guns when they smile. David Walliams is one of them.

Jittlebags

Urgh! I've got Vermeer all down my shirt.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: thecuriousorange on January 05, 2022, 11:56:19 PM

Jesus. Does this cunt ever look in a mirror?

Actually, maybe that's the problem. He looks in the mirror and thinks, "Yep. Looks good that. Nice and white and natural looking".

Glebe

holdover

Quote from: gilbertharding on January 06, 2022, 09:11:36 AMI'm always a little bit perplexed by the teeth on Julia Roberts. She seems to have far, far too many and they're all the same as each other.

Julia Roberts has such a strange smile. Her top lip sort of folds up or something.  The change of the distance between her nose and lip as she smiles is amazing.

https://giphy.com/gifs/mothersdaymovie-mothers-day-movie-xT1XGB0Q7FneU0CFLG/tile

Thomas

David Bowie suffered a major heartdozy not long after having American gnashers installed - perhaps the result of cosmic punishment, or because the operation tampered dangerously with bloodveins in the upper half of his body.

shiftwork2

Cosmetic surgery and dentistry seems to have dropped the understatement for a lot of people, now it's proudly showing off the money that's been spent.

edit: Cobb already said it