Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:34:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Weeknd - Dawn FM

Started by up_the_hampipe, January 07, 2022, 01:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

It was going to be hard to follow the incredible return to form that was After Hours, but this is a pretty delicious banger of an album.

It's like a plumped up Uncut Gems soundtrack, there's also a fake ad in the middle and Jim Carrey spitting bars on the outro. Enjoy it.

phantom_power

Haven't listened to it yet but one for the Shit Covers thread

Ja'moke

I wish the one with the fake ad was a proper, full song. It sounded great.

peanutbutter

I like the Weeknd loads but outside of House of Balloons and Echoes of Silence (the latter of which seems oddly ignored or underrated imo) I don't think he's put out anything close to a consistent album.

Maybe the best pop singles act of the last decade though.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: peanutbutter on January 07, 2022, 08:54:00 PMI like the Weeknd loads but outside of House of Balloons and Echoes of Silence (the latter of which seems oddly ignored or underrated imo) I don't think he's put out anything close to a consistent album.

Maybe the best pop singles act of the last decade though.

I'd agree until After Hours and this one, I think he's turned a corner after a bumpy transition into the mainstream.

Hat FM

Quote from: peanutbutter on January 07, 2022, 08:54:00 PMMaybe the best pop singles act of the last decade though.

havent listened to his new one yet but you could make an amazing 15 track compilation from his albums. 'save your tears' is an incredible pop song. did he work with max martin for that one?