News:

Registrations are currently delayed due to a spam wave, please bear with me.

The Other One

Started by Mobius, January 08, 2022, 04:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobius

I've just been watching The Other One on Britbox today. Rebecca Front's husband (Michael from Alan Partridge) dies, and she realises he was having a 30 year affair with Siobhan Finneran and they had a daughter (Lauren Socha) the same age as her daughter (Ellie White) thought I'd give it a go because I'd just finished rewatching Stath Let's Flats and Ellie was great in it

Anyway I'm enjoying it. Great cast, funny, quite sweet too. Just wondering what everyone thinks and if you happen to have seen it, what was that weird accent Stephen Tomkinson did in that one episode

Bently Sheds

Yeah, me & Mrs Sheds both enjoyed it. I thought that Tomkinson was doing a sort of Paul McCartney impression.

paruses

Really enjoyed it but had completely forgotten that's what it is called. I generally find Lauren Socha a very engaging force. Can't remember that much about it but would happily rewatch. The accent was weird.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Yeah, I enjoyed it too. It was quite nice seeing Ellie White and the other one gradually bond together.There was an episode in which Caroline Quentin played Rebecca Front's wimpy sister, and I thought she was a bit miscast.

Ok, cheers.

Mobius

Quote from: Bently Sheds on January 08, 2022, 07:16:11 AMYeah, me & Mrs Sheds both enjoyed it. I thought that Tomkinson was doing a sort of Paul McCartney impression.

Ohh, yeah I can hear that. Just seemed a bit of a ridiculous performance but he was funny in episode 6 which I just watched.

I haven't seen Lauren Socha since Misfits but she's very good

notjosh

Not seen this but I've seen The Other One.

Malcy

Enjoyed it. I'm sure there was a second series commissioned but haven't heard anything.

Blinder Data

I want a second series of this. Clever writing, funny, moving and good performances (personally I thought Caroline Quentin was great in her role).

Holly Walsh is very underrated. If you liked The Other One, you'd probably enjoy Dead Boss which she wrote with Sharon Horgan in 2012. It was of a similar quality and style - and, possibly like The Other One, cancelled after one series :(

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Malcy on January 08, 2022, 03:25:06 PMEnjoyed it. I'm sure there was a second series commissioned but haven't heard anything.

Originally, it was planned to be shown towards the end of last year but filming only started around that time. There was some reporting at the time but I don't think there was an indication of when it will be shown.

Going from memory, I don't think a reason was given for the delay but would assume it was covid related. In any case, it was good to see that production had started.

(Edit - https://www.chortle.co.uk/about/2021/07/22/48866/cameras_roll_on_the_second_series_of_the_other_one)

Malcy

Quote from: Ignatius_S on January 20, 2022, 01:40:09 PMOriginally, it was planned to be shown towards the end of last year but filming only started around that time. There was some reporting at the time but I don't think there was an indication of when it will be shown.

Going from memory, I don't think a reason was given for the delay but would assume it was covid related. In any case, it was good to see that production had started.

(Edit - https://www.chortle.co.uk/about/2021/07/22/48866/cameras_roll_on_the_second_series_of_the_other_one)

Nice one, I was sure it had been commissioned.