Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:41:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Better dead than red?

Started by Jockice, January 12, 2022, 11:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

NSFW lyrics but I'm sure you've all heard them anyway:

robhug

Quote from: The Bumlord on January 13, 2022, 12:47:10 PMA lovely lady redhead is the best thing in the world and that's all I'll say on the matter thank you

This is true, redheaded women are often considered amongst the most beautiful people around whereas ginger men are very often derided as looking daft or simple. Its primarily for this reason I'm delighted that women had to wait a long time to have equal voting rights as ginger men.

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: The Bumlord on January 13, 2022, 12:47:10 PMA lovely lady redhead is the best thing in the world and that's all I'll say on the matter thank you

Yup, well aware that they're generally considered super sexy and desirable.  Little comfort to the likes of me and Jockice sadly.  It does seem a lot better than it used to be though - people saying they fancied a ginger bloke used to be openly laughed at, whereas now it seems more popular for ladies to say they have an appreciation for our genetic defects.

'Kiss a ginger day' seems a little weird though - did they do that specifically to counteract the day for kicking us cos we are the spawn of Judas / have no souls?

Blue Jam

TheGingerAlien

Kankurette

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 13, 2022, 12:28:09 PM*mwah*  - - - >  jockice

Is it still alright to mock Sean Dyche for his DISC BEARD? Its gingerness is irrelevant, it's the perfect circularity that is the notable thing.
And his voice, which is as nails down a blackboard.

In the interests of balance, Kevin de Bruyne is ginger and he is adorable, he looks like a kitten.

Blue Jam

Not to mention:

Engelbert Cucumberpatch doesn't do it for me anymore though. It's not the hair, it was working for a boss who looked unnervingly like he could be his dad which put me off.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I have a ginger friend I met at university. He's always been a very popular, self-confident sort and was by far the most successful of us at attracting women. The only vaguely discriminatory thing I can remember was from us lot, who called him Ginger Bob, to distinguish him from all the other Bob's in our group. There was no malicious intent involved but, being (slightly) more mature now, I can see how dodgy it would be if we'd referred to anyone else using other characteristics, e.g. Fat Bob, or Black Bob.

robhug

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on January 13, 2022, 01:22:47 PMI have a ginger friend I met at university. He's always been a very popular, self-confident sort and was by far the most successful of us at attracting women.
The feintest of feint praise

TheGingerAlien

This looks like a great resource for discerning comedy fans, top hit on google
https://kamcord.com/ginger-jokes/

QuoteAll the same, life's too short to have a conservative sense of humor, no? Normalize having a laugh every once in a while, and while at it, why not come up with some ginger jokes of your own?

TheGingerAlien

Q: Why did the ginge cross the road?
A: To betray our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Captain Z

QuoteBetter dead than red

New Tory election campaign slogan

Jockice

Quote from: TheGingerAlien on January 13, 2022, 01:02:26 PMYup, well aware that they're generally considered super sexy and desirable.  Little comfort to the likes of me and Jockice sadly.  It does seem a lot better than it used to be though - people saying they fancied a ginger bloke used to be openly laughed at, whereas now it seems more popular for ladies to say they have an appreciation for our genetic defects.

I don't know if you've come across the situation where even if a woman genuinely does like ginger blokes, they feel compelled to qualify it in some way, by making strange (not always offensive but just strange) remarks about your hair colour.

Like the woman who broke my heart/17 years of singledom etc. She wrote me a poem that started: "Your hair is ginger but still I linger." Which doesn't even rhyme. I know my hair colour wasn't the reason she dumped me though because a few months later she was going out with a guy who looked a bit like me. And not in an 'all ginges look the same' way. He really did. And does to this day (in fact more so because we now both have short hair and specs, whereas when they first met - I was there - he had long hair and no glasses). They're still together and have two redheaded sons. Obviously spreading like wildfire.

And my current girlfriend's first ever boyfriend was a redhead (he became fairly famous at one point. I'm not telling you who he is though) yet she will sometimes make remarks about me being 'a ginger' and all that. I don't think it's even meant to be offensive (and I don't take offence) but it's like it's been hotwired into women that there is something weird about you if you are attracted to people like me so she feels compelled to comment about it. I know it's not just her who does it.

In a way it's a shame I met her because it's ruined the planned title for my autobiography, a remark made by a friend of another woman I went out with, which of course was relayed straight back to me by the woman I was going out with. Nice Bloke But I Wouldn't Shag Him. She added something about my hair but I didn't want to make the title too unwieldy.

Ironically, the woman who said that had her hair dyed red at the time.

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: Jockice on January 13, 2022, 02:26:15 PMI don't know if you've come across the situation where even if a woman genuinely does like ginger blokes, they feel compelled to qualify it in some way, by making strange (not always offensive but just strange) remarks about your hair colour.

Aye, seemingly still a niche fetish which requires justification.  I'd rather that than just going "ewwwww.. no!" like folks used to.

TrenterPercenter

imitationleather

It's the Quaver crumbs in the corner of his mouth, isn't it?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Can we do "Ginger people who clearly dye their hair"?

This one is taking the piss. Her children are all ginger, ergo she is ginger.

the Fallen

paruses

Is the evil/slutty one in American High school teen dramas still always a redhead?

Blue Jam

Quote from: Jockice on January 13, 2022, 02:26:15 PMI don't know if you've come across the situation where even if a woman genuinely does like ginger blokes, they feel compelled to qualify it in some way

I've not had that, but a few times when I've described someone (human, dog or cat) as ginger I've had someone butt in with "...and what's wrong with that? I think ginger hair is beautiful" etc. I know these people mean well but it's telling that they assume "ginger" is an insult rather than a positive or even completely neutral description of someone's appearance.

I've had the same thing where people assume "Scouse" is an insult, when they don't know me that well and aren't aware that I'm half-Scouse myself and have a Scouse partner with a lovely Scouse accent.

My mother didn't like redheads and used to hate me describing our dog as "black and ginger", which I would do to wind her up: "She's not black and ginger, she's black and tan!". Nah, our dog was ginge AF and loved gingers so much she had a big ginger heart on her face:

Blue Jam

bgmnts

Quote from: Jockice on January 13, 2022, 02:26:15 PMLike the woman who broke my heart/17 years of singledom etc. She wrote me a poem that started: "Your hair is ginger but still I linger." Which doesn't even rhyme. I know my hair colour wasn't the reason she dumped me though because a few months later she was going out with a guy who looked a bit like me. And not in an 'all ginges look the same' way. He really did. And does to this day (in fact more so because we now both have short hair and specs, whereas when they first met - I was there - he had long hair and no glasses). They're still together and have two redheaded sons.

Must be good to know she didn't have an issue with your looks, just your personality.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Your hair is ginger and I don't wish to injure
Your feelings but I'm off with the milkman
Who has a bigger knob

Jockice

Quote from: bgmnts on January 13, 2022, 04:45:50 PMMust be good to know she didn't have an issue with your looks, just your personality.

Yeah, it's brilliant! But as I've mentioned elsewhere I bumped into her for the first time in 22 years the summer before last and she was very apologetic, saying she'd been really screwed up at the time. Er, I noticed thanks.

I was with my best platonic female friend at the time who I first met not long after I'd been dumped so had never met her but had heard me moaning about her. But as I've also said elsewhere had assumed I was secretly gay (until I started going out with my current chick anyway) and had just made this failed romance up. I was like her gay best friend only without the being gay bit. And she made it clear she didn't fancy me right from the start so there was no point me even trying anything. Now she knows I'm actually straight we're still big pals though. In fact I'm meeting her for lunch tomorrow.

Quite a surreal experience actually, especially since I'd written a CaB post slagging off my ex a couple of hours before. When I met her and she apologised - and I'd realised who she was. I think I'd even tried to block out what she looked like because she hurt me so much - all the smartarse remarks designed to leave her in a pit of self-loathing that I'd planned if we ever did meet vanished from my head.

We're even Facebook friends nowadays. I certainly didn't expect that to happen. She obviously found the ginger bloke that was better for her than me. I even hope her two ginger lads don't get bullied for it. I'm that magnanimous.

Jockice

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 13, 2022, 04:36:00 PMI've not had that, but a few times when I've described someone (human, dog or cat) as ginger I've had someone butt in with "...and what's wrong with that? I think ginger hair is beautiful" etc. I know these people mean well but it's telling that they assume "ginger" is an insult rather than a positive or even completely neutral description of someone's appearance.

I've had the same thing where people assume "Scouse" is an insult, when they don't know me that well and aren't aware that I'm half-Scouse myself and have a Scouse partner with a lovely Scouse accent.

My mother didn't like redheads and used to hate me describing our dog as "black and ginger", which I would do to wind her up: "She's not black and ginger, she's black and tan!". Nah, our dog was ginge AF and loved gingers so much she had a big ginger heart on her face:

That is one gorgeous dog!

Brundle-Fly

Kankurette

And there are red-headed heroes! Like Rand al'Thor, whose gingerness is a plot point.

Dr Rock

And the best superhero ever, Daredevil.

Kankurette

Manga has some boss redheads. Ichigo Kurosaki, Erza from Fairy Tail, Naruto's mum, Nami from One Piece, Kenshin even though the mangaka is a nonce, etc. (Shirou Emiya out of the Fate series is a knob, but not because he's ginger.)

Jockice

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on January 13, 2022, 03:43:30 PMCan we do "Ginger people who clearly dye their hair"?

Rylan. Who has gone the whole hog, even dyeing his stubble. And his teeth, It's strange, but I still sort of like the bloke.
https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/29/rylan-clark-neal-feels-fat-ginger-kid-helped-thrive-off-criticism-public-eye-9344102/