Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:27:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Broadcasting House nonce vandalised by anti-peado crew

Started by idunnosomename, January 12, 2022, 09:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Quote from: JamesTC on January 13, 2022, 01:48:51 PMHe should have written "nonce" on the head of the statue.
But then the BBC could have just changed the N to a B
Quote from: JamesTC on January 13, 2022, 01:48:51 PMHe should have written "nonce" on the head of the statue.

Could've restored it by changing the N to a B

Change the N to a B

touchingcloth

Quote from: JaDanketies on January 13, 2022, 01:14:01 PMI'd believe he could successfully use the same defence as the Coulson people. Really a statue of a slave trader is as much 'Art' as a sculpture of some literary character by a dogfucking pedo. I'm sure the guy who sculpted Coulson thought about things like an artist would. And I would agree it is actually grossly offensive to the common person that this monument to pedophilia was outside the pedo BBC. Just as offensive to the tastes of the masses as a monument to slavery.

It's an interesting philosophical question. It feels slightly more arms-length than the statue of Colston himself, but even more arms-length than, say, vandalising BBC property because they play the music of Michael Jackson. I don't know if they do play the music of him specifically, but they almost certainly play the tunes of known nonces and other wronguns - I heard Wagner on Radio 3 the other day.

Quote from: JaDanketies on January 13, 2022, 01:23:42 PMI thought it was a statue of a high-ranking member of the espionage agency S.H.I.E.L.D. from the MARVEL universe.

Admittedly I'd never even heard of the guy before he got pushed into the harbour. I don't really watch superhero movies though.

I used to live in Bristol and you can't escape his name. The statue is (was) one of the most prominent in the city, and the biggest concert venue is (was) named after him.

A few years back they erected a huge monument in memory of the people who were trafficked and sold through the city over its history. From memory the monument was pretty much in the midpoint and within eyesight of both the statue and the concert hall, so I think the line between the atrocities and the person might be clearer in the mind of the average Bristolian than it is with, say, the statue of Cecil Rhodes, which I think may have been on private college land rather than in a particularly prominent central location.

Cuellar

Well, Rhodes is on private college land, but it's on the front of the college that faces out to the High Street, smack bang in the middle of town. It's quite high up, though, and you have to crane your neck to see it.

And everything in the centre of Oxford is 'private college land' - they own the bloody lot (maybe. lots of it anyway). Got it all sewn up.

Cuellar

machotrouts

Quote from: steve98 on January 12, 2022, 11:46:44 PMHe's battered the wayne (Ariel)) tae fuck, but left the big nonce peedoh  alone? That's not right.

If we do this to every child, then they'll all be too dead or disfigured for paedophiles to want to have sex with them. I think the moral course of action is clear here.

Captain Z

Think they should just get rid of it so that Langham Place no longer has any unwelcome associations.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Cuellar on January 13, 2022, 02:11:53 PMWell, Rhodes is on private college land, but it's on the front of the college that faces out to the High Street, smack bang in the middle of town. It's quite high up, though, and you have to crane your neck to see it.

And everything in the centre of Oxford is 'private college land' - they own the bloody lot (maybe. lots of it anyway). Got it all sewn up.

Yeah, it's always looked like it's visible, but on a college building. The centre of Bristol where the statue was will be privately owned, I'm sure, but it's publicly accessible in a way which college grounds aren't always. I don't know if the presence of Rhodes is particularly well known around non-university residents of the city, though I'm aware it's prominent at the university itself, I suspect more so via the scholarship than a high up statue.

touchingcloth

Also, ARIEL is one of my go-to Wordle first guesses. Look at all of the vowels! And an R!

Cuellar

That's a good idea actually, going to steal that

edit: I mean I normally get them in one, but just in case

TrenterPercenter

Legend 'Paed-nooser' Gary - Noncing a dog!? I mean how low can you get?
Pubes Daz - Well it was a Dachshund Gaz
Legend 'Paed-nooser' Gary - Foreign dog an all was it, this is why we need to Back Boris Dazza, he's our only hope.
Pubes Daz - Nah nah Gaz it's a joke, because Dachshunds anuses are very low to the ground
Legend 'Paed-nooser' Gary - You know a lot about these dogs anuses don't cha Daz?

mothman

Quote from: JaDanketies on January 13, 2022, 01:23:42 PMI thought it was a statue of a high-ranking member of the espionage agency S.H.I.E.L.D. from the MARVEL universe.

Admittedly I'd never even heard of the guy before he got pushed into the harbour. I don't really watch superhero movies though.

It does suggest suggest an obvious solution as to what to use to fill Colston's place.

Buelligan

A load of old wank?

Like catnip for these hammer blokes, I'm guessing.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: studpuppet on January 12, 2022, 11:11:27 PMWrong building, wrong sculptor, but otherwise spot on!

There are a couple of Gill statues on 55 Broadway though, North Wind and South Wind. There are a number of them scattered around. If this bloke does try to go with the Colston defence, and he turns out to have the political leanings that I think we probably suspect he does, whether the defence might be undermined by the fact that he's gone for the BBC one which a prosecuting lawyer would suggest is a result of a particular animus towards the BBC. Why did he not go and smash up the one on a church in Hanwell, for instance, or the one in Tate Britain? I think it's probably a defence with more weaknesses in this case than in the Colston case.

JaDanketies

I just Googled for the one in Halwell and it's far less blatantly noncey.

mothman

Video Game Fan 2000

touchingcloth

Quote from: JaDanketies on January 13, 2022, 06:58:56 PMI just Googled for the one in Halwell and it's far less blatantly noncey.

Is that one at the bottom trying to catch the piss of Christ?

idunnosomename

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on January 13, 2022, 06:52:27 PMWhy did he not go and smash up the one on a church in Hanwell, for instance, or the one in Tate Britain?
because it looks like a beardy wizard doing a nonce

touchingcloth

How did it ever get to the point where anyone was arsed enough about this Gill guy to even hear that he was a nonce? That sculpture looks like it was a load of shite even before a hammer was taken to it. Instantly forgettable and of no obvious merit. The Paul Gadd of the sculpture world, less for the nonce stuff as the quality of his art.

"Hey, did you hear about that poor sculptor? Only turns out he nonced his kids and dog."

AlanShakesHisHead.gif

thenoise

Quote from: machotrouts on January 13, 2022, 02:16:02 PMIf we do this to every child, then they'll all be too dead or disfigured for paedophiles to want to have sex with them.

Sir Jimmy begs to differ.

JaDanketies

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 13, 2022, 07:46:00 PMHow did it ever get to the point where anyone was arsed enough about this Gill guy

It must've been a case of probably right-wing internet communities saying "they take down the patriotic slave trader statue and nobody gets arrested, but the woke BBC leaves up the nonce statue?"

imitationleather

Isn't there supposed to be a bit of a conspiracy theory surrounding that particular statue that it's an intentional symbol of paedophilia at the BBC? A bit like our very own version of Pizzagate?

touchingcloth

Quote from: imitationleather on January 13, 2022, 08:58:15 PMIsn't there supposed to be a bit of a conspiracy theory surrounding that particular statue that it's an intentional symbol of paedophilia at the BBC? A bit like our very own version of Pizzagate?

Nah, you're thinking of Pizzagate, Woking.

beanheadmcginty

Can't believe how many posts there's been on this and still no one has photoshopped the Braveheart face onto the statue.

Dr Rock

Quote from: imitationleather on January 13, 2022, 08:58:15 PMIsn't there supposed to be a bit of a conspiracy theory surrounding that particular statue that it's an intentional symbol of paedophilia at the BBC? A bit like our very own version of Pizzagate?

It's certainly a rumour I've been spreading for years.

jobotic

Quote from: JaDanketies on January 13, 2022, 08:31:39 PMIt must've been a case of probably right-wing internet communities saying "they take down the patriotic slave trader statue and nobody gets arrested, but the woke BBC leaves up the nonce statue?"

Yep. And if he gets done for this "so woke lefties can smash things up but if one of are Tommy's boys has a go at a statue paedo we're silenced"

CRG demanding he's knighted

idunnosomename

CORRECT NONCE THREAD

yes, there has been a lot of antagonism against this sculpture, whipped up a lot by Tommy Robinson in the last decade against the Jonathan King/Savile pedo BBC (the big west wing built in the last decade is called the Peel Wing, not sure what they think of that).

I think it's a good piece of sculpture but that the BBC refuse to enter into public consultation about its controversy... means it serves them fucking right. They'll just use the licence fee to restore it anyway. But it's extremely difficult to defend.

There was an incredible piece published in The Critic (it stinks!) this morning. Titled "Man's Best Friend". weird allusion to the dog bothering. anyway the first two paragraphs are hilarious because they read like a Tony Parsehole parody

QuoteIf you come to my house — and all Critic readers are more than welcome, should you ask nicely — then I will take great delight in showing you a small collection that I have built up, of work by the artist Eric Gill. It includes a couple of lithographs that he did to illustrate Hamlet, a signed limited edition of his drawings for Donne's Holy Sonnets, a first edition copy of his (we now see circumspect) autobiography and a few other bits and pieces. It is modest in scope and size, but I am immensely proud of having built it up over the years.

Unfortunately, I now fear that, rather than the knock at the door coming from a friend or Critic reader, it is likely to be some grim-faced upholder of public morals. They will firstly condemn me for my effrontery and moral turpitude in owning work by a man of appalling moral character, and will then set about confiscating and destroying my Gill artefacts. No doubt a small bonfire will be made in my front garden, and I will stand there, weeping, as my books and pictures are burnt. I can already hear my tormentor's words. "What are you sad about? Think of all the people's lives ruined by that monster! They're the ones who you should be weeping for!"

(archive link: https://archive.fo/du15b )

Gurke and Hare

That's one of the best bits of making something up and then becoming angry at it I've seen for ages.

Gill was talented, certainly but a "peerless genius"? That seems a bit performatively over the top.

Mr Eggs

What breed dog did Eric G fuck? We needs start a go fund me to get them back fucking other dogs pronto or they might all start on us. License BBC fund it be better.

idunnosomename

dont know but these prints are whippets and have dicks

the dominican thing is the domini canes pun

here's his diary entries on the dogfucking as far as I know. obviously the dog never confirmed

Quote"'Bath and slept with Gladys,' runs one entry in the diary. Such Gill family intimacies seem routine, a habit. A few weeks later there are more surprising entries; 'Expt. [experiment] with dog in eve' [the rest has been obliterated]. Then, five days later, 'Bath. Continued experiment with dog after and discovered that a dog will join with a man'"

Fiona MacCarthy quoting the diaries of Eric Gill from November and December of 1929, in her eponymous biography. Gladys was Eric's sister.