News:

Registrations are currently delayed due to a spam wave, please bear with me.


Stewart Lee appearing on James O'Brien's podcast [split topic]

Started by Proactive, January 13, 2022, 12:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beanheadmcginty

It's actually three small children standing on top of each other pretending to be Stewart Lee.

Quote from: pigamus on January 14, 2022, 09:14:09 PMI'm guessing - Covid, therefore ventilation, therefore a load of windows left open in the studio, therefore the coat?

but why such a big one? Did he have to lend it off Greg Davies, he's drowning in that thing


Can someone do a version with all the JOB removed? I'd listen to that.

He needs to wear a smaller coat until he's upped his game with some sitcom and panel game appearances. Then maybe he can have a bomber jacket.

Proactive

Off the back of this I've decided from now on I'm only going to watch interviews where the guest is cross examined by Ash Sarkar, and Jolyon Maugham is there to fact check for Ash's leftist credentials in between every question, submitting each answer for Jeremy Corbyn's approval from the shadows before the next question can be asked, just in case I'm tricked into voting UKIP again ,as happened yesterday.

jobotic

I've decided to listen to absolutely everything no matter who is on it and what I think of them in case I look like a Corbyn fan boy purist who wants everyone cancelled.

So we've all learned a lesson.

pigamus

He seems genuinely interested in Stu, which helps. If he's a cunt elsewhere it's not in evidence here really.

the science eel

Quote from: pigamus on January 15, 2022, 11:19:00 AMHe seems genuinely interested in Stu, which helps. If he's a cunt elsewhere it's not in evidence here really.

Well, like most people he dials down the cocky bullshit when he's the interviewer. He's an arrogant fucker when he's doing his own show.

pcsjwgm

Quote from: somersetchris on January 14, 2022, 12:14:05 AMIt is absolutely baffling, and one of the most annoying things about this forum, that with much of the world veering to the right and genuine fascists getting close to power, so many of you seem to save most of your hatred for liberals who are not left wing enoughh for you, like you would rather see Jacob Rees Mogg in charge than Keir Starmer. You're like a load of deluded, self-important students who cannot accept that socialists will never be in charge no matter how many tantrums you throw. And part of it is the fault of people who keep throwing stones at their own fucking side.

Yeah, baffling that leftists aren't enthusiastic about the prospects of a united front of liberals and the left against the right.

Quote from: James O'Brien https://twitter.com/mrjamesob/status/1307732305876848641We put a pillock in charge [Boris Johnson]. He was, arguably, less pillocky than the other pillock [Jeremy Corbyn]. Both pillocks were too weak/stupid to admit that Brexit's a disaster. The winning pillock surrounded himself with *massive* pillocks in the hope of looking a bit less pillocky. It hasn't worked...

Quote from: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/07/former-labour-mp-ian-austin-urges-voters-back-boris-johnsonTwo former Labour MPs urge voters to back Boris Johnson

Ian Austin and John Woodcock both say Jeremy Corbyn is not fit to become prime minister

Quote from: centrist former Labour MP Gavin Shuker https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/19/a-year-on-did-change-uk-change-anything"People might ask me in 30 years 'what did you achieve in your time in politics?'," he says. "I'm no fan of this government obviously. But still, I will be able to say I helped prevent Jeremy Corbyn from leading us through a huge national crisis. And to be honest, I'll take that."

Sebastian Cobb

He's Jeremy Kyle for middle-class #FBPE librerals

If callers make vaguely lucid arguments against his narrative, he'll do the James Whale trick of talking over them, cutting them off and then having his last word.

As for Lee, I was quite excited about him guesting on podcasts, but they've been quite samey haven't they? Even the better hosts haven't been able to tease all that much out of him. Although if people do have notable ones that do manage to do that, I'll gladly receive them.

pigamus

Well the problem is they all ask him to recount his autobiography so. Personally I always enjoy it no matter how many ways he tells it.

pigamus

Also, the Darrell thing - he couldn't fucking care less. Shows you how Too Online we all are on here.

the science eel

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 15, 2022, 04:32:28 PMIf callers make vaguely lucid arguments against his narrative, he'll do the James Whale trick of talking over them, cutting them off and then having his last word.

fuck yeah! he is quite similar to that old blowhard

Midas

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 15, 2022, 04:32:28 PMHe's Jeremy Kyle for middle-class #FBPE librerals

Haha, look how thick those Brexiteers are though!

trabuch

I'm sad we have a Tory governement. There are some genuinely utterly thick people who are going to vote Consrvative because labour are less anti trans than them. So let's be happy that there is an interesting comedy interview we can hear.

Midas

i'm not going to play fetch with Hitler's dead dog, no matter what the RSPCA say.

fuck do they know about anything

Bernice

This interview was okay. Always nice to hear Stew talk, thought JOB was a bit dull and too focused on hitting certain biographical beats he seemed to have written down somewhere. He didn't really engage much with a few of the more interesting threads that were left dangling.

turnstyle

So sick of these comedians wearing their coats indoors. It's disrespectful to all the people who don't have coats, as well as our boys in the forces.

Sebastian Cobb


BritishHobo

Quote from: somersetchris on January 14, 2022, 12:14:05 AMIt is absolutely baffling, and one of the most annoying things about this forum, that with much of the world veering to the right and genuine fascists getting close to power, so many of you seem to save most of your hatred for liberals who are not left wing enoughh for you, like you would rather see Jacob Rees Mogg in charge than Keir Starmer. You're like a load of deluded, self-important students who cannot accept that socialists will never be in charge no matter how many tantrums you throw. And part of it is the fault of people who keep throwing stones at their own fucking side.

To be fair, for a lot of people this is an anger that's been stoked after the first genuinely promising socialist leader in years was relentlessly hammered by those same liberals, who trod exactly the same lines as the right-wingers by feeding into the ludicrous idea that Corbyn was the scariest, most evil politician they'd ever seen. The hysteria was off the charts, and it's pretty galling to see a lot of those liberals turn around now and go "well we can't attack our own side" with absolutely no self-awareness or irony.


Lost Oliver

Quote from: BritishHobo on January 19, 2022, 01:04:54 PMTo be fair, for a lot of people this is an anger that's been stoked after the first genuinely promising socialist leader in years was relentlessly hammered by those same liberals, who trod exactly the same lines as the right-wingers by feeding into the ludicrous idea that Corbyn was the scariest, most evil politician they'd ever seen. The hysteria was off the charts, and it's pretty galling to see a lot of those liberals turn around now and go "well we can't attack our own side" with absolutely no self-awareness or irony.

succinctly put.

SpiderChrist

Liberals - leaning to the left in good times, veering to the right in bad times.


king_tubby


pigamus


Quote from: king_tubby on Yesterday at 08:44:59 PMLol. Lmao.

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1485587457865400327

Maybe split the thread?

This is even stupider than Joe Rogan, and also those fake Joe Rogan dialogues people write.

Yesterday at 09:02:03 PM #117 Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:16:24 PM by Video Game Fan 2000
All valuable objects and large amounts of money should be kept in jails, so if someone steals anything we just have lock to the door behind them.

olliebean

Quote from: James O'BrienWhy don't we just give seats in the House of Lords to the people who pay the most income tax rather than to people who donate to the Conservative Party.

Make it the people who pay the largest proportion of their income in tax, and he might be on to something.