Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,187
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:44:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dennis from Always Sunny IS Mr Fantastic!

Started by Dr Rock, January 13, 2022, 07:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

So says a casting leak. Also mentioned are Kirsten Stewart (The Good Place) as The Invisble Woman, someone I've never heard of as Human Torch, and definitely most worrying, SETH ROGAN as The Thing. Doesn't he always play himself? And that's quite long way from Ben Grimm. Anyway, allegedly reliable leak but it could all be poppycock. I'd take Glen Howerton as Reed Richards over fan-casting Jim From The US Office anyway...

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Not Howerton's first brush with the MCU. He was James Gunn's personal pick to play Starlord, so I read once.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on January 13, 2022, 07:27:23 PMNot Howerton's first brush with the MCU. He was James Gunn's personal pick to play Starlord, so I read once.

HE'S A FIVE-STAR LORD!

They should have cast him as Adam Warlock - the golden god!

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Dr Rock on January 13, 2022, 07:21:39 PMKirsten Stewart (The Good Place)

Kristen Bell?

Seth Rogan is very good as Steve Wozniak in the Steve Jobs film.

Dr Rock

beanheadmcginty

Can't wait to see The Thing sitting in his pants smoking a huge spliff.

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on January 13, 2022, 09:36:07 PMCan't wait to see The Thing sitting in his pants smoking a huge spliff.
"UH HUH HUH HUH HUUUUUUUUUHHHH!!!"

mothman

Dr Rock

Quote from: Dr Rock on January 13, 2022, 07:21:39 PM

In case you were wondering, yes I done this brillian fantastic mock up. Nice one, cheers.

Mister Six

As much as I love Howerton, I don't know if he's quite the right guy for Reed, who I always imagined as sounding a bit less whiny and a tad more gravelly, like a pipe-smoking 1950s sitcom dad. "Well see now, Jimmy..."

Bell is great, but I'm not sure she's right for Sue. And Rogen's way the fuck off base.

So yeah, I'll take all of this with a massive grain of salt. More of a boulder of salt, to be honest.

Magnum Valentino

I really like Fantastic Four and would feel a kind of pride if they finally broke through with a popular film that meant kids knew who they were and all that schmaltz.

Even if I try my best to be open minded I can't get excited about Seth Rogen as the Thing. He's just one of those stars who you cast when you want a very specific thing, and that thing is that you want Seth Rogen in your film. I haven't seen him in anything in some time but I did follow his career for a long time and I saw enough of that performance to satisfy me for a lifetime. I think the point at which I felt I'd had enough of him (and that crowd in general) was after they sort of killed themselves off in This Is The End and then he just turned up again in Bad Neighbours with the same old shtick which undid a lot of The End's good work as a film that nicely closed off a comic era for a generation of filmgoers.

Small Man Big Horse

I'm surprised to find myself writing this but in defence of Rogen he was pretty great in American Pickle, playing two very different roles, and for the first time in ages I had positive things to say about him. But that all said, yeah, I can't see him pulling off The Thing and would be amazed if it doesn't turn out to be a poor choice.

Ant Farm Keyboard

The source for this is a 4chan post one month ago.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Mister Six on January 13, 2022, 11:32:21 PMAs much as I love Howerton, I don't know if he's quite the right guy for Reed, who I always imagined as sounding a bit less whiny and a tad more gravelly, like a pipe-smoking 1950s sitcom dad. "Well see now, Jimmy..."

Yes, agreed. Can you think of a more suitable actor though? Cumberbatch could've done a fair job if he wasn't already Dr Strange. Jon Hamm?

Dr Rock

SteveDave

John Ham is too beefy.

Glenn Howerton- Reed Richards
Kaitlin Olson- Sue Storm
Charlie Kelly- Johnny Storm
Danny Devito- Ben Grimm
Rob McElhenney- Victor Von Doom

Make it you cowards.

The Gang Gets Super

It's Always Cosmic Radiationny in Space

Mister Six

Quote from: Dr Rock on January 14, 2022, 10:45:31 AMYes, agreed. Can you think of a more suitable actor though? Cumberbatch could've done a fair job if he wasn't already Dr Strange. Jon Hamm?

Honestly, no idea off the top of my head. Hamm might be good, but Cumberbatch always seems too pointy and focused, even when he's being charming and pleasant - which works for Dr Strange, but Reed needs to me more aloof or distracted.

beanheadmcginty

The most important thing to get right with Mr Fantastic is the white patches of hair above his ears, so really they should get Tony Sirico to play him.

I have grey temples and am an aloof weirdo. It's the role I was born to play, baby!

Bleeding Kansas

Quote from: SteveDave on January 14, 2022, 10:58:02 AMJohn Ham is too beefy.

Glenn Howerton- Reed Richards
Kaitlin Olson- Sue Storm
Charlie Kelly- Johnny Storm
Danny Devito- Ben Grimm
Rob McElhenney- Victor Von Vinegar Doom

Make it you cowards.

Fixed

BritishHobo

In the Steve Jobs film I think Seth Rogen showed the capability to play someone a bit sweet and lovable without any of the comedy shtick.

13 schoolyards

Isn't The Thing Jewish? It's the role Rogen was born to play!

Jerzy Bondov

People go on about Jim Office and Emily Blunt as Reed and Sue, which would be pure shit. If for whatever reason you're fixated on the idea of using a real couple there is only one choice: Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell. Get it done

Dr Rock

Quote from: Mister Six on January 14, 2022, 01:37:47 PMHonestly, no idea off the top of my head. Hamm might be good, but Cumberbatch always seems too pointy and focused, even when he's being charming and pleasant - which works for Dr Strange, but Reed needs to me more aloof or distracted.

David Duchovny?

checkoutgirl

Never realised it before but other than Daniel Devito I don't think I've ever seen the Sunny gang in anything other than Sunny before. Be interesting to see any of them in a non comedy role

Howerton and MacElhenney have both been on Fargo. Comedy adjacent, perhaps.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: checkoutgirl on January 15, 2022, 01:05:50 PMNever realised it before but other than Daniel Devito I don't think I've ever seen the Sunny gang in anything other than Sunny before. Be interesting to see any of them in a non comedy role
"Horrible Bosses" is tolerable, and that new one that Charlie Day is in looks alright too.

I liked the cast from the two "original" movies, and think they fit the roles pretty well. Honestly, Jon Hamm would be my favourite, of the fairly shallow pool of people they'd look at.

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: Ant Farm Keyboard on January 14, 2022, 10:09:05 AMThe source for this is a 4chan post one month ago.

It seems to have been confirmed this week than Bill Murray is in the new Ant Man and that's in the same leak. Unless it was one of those open secrets, I don't follow this stuff outside of here.