Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:24:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

60s Garage Rock/Beat/Rock n' Roll albums?

Started by willbo, January 14, 2022, 10:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willbo

does anyone know of any particularly good 6os' albums or compilations which are just pure beat rock, rock n roll, garage etc? I been looking at this "night and morning" series and listening to the Creation and Outsiders. I like early Beatles and Monkees too of course. And female voiced 60s garage rock.

The Mollusk

Can't go wrong with The Seeds' self-titled debut album. A veritable gold mine of feverish fuzzy hooks.

Aaooowww!

Famous Mortimer

I listened to all of these a few years back, and as expected, some gems, lots where you're quite glad that they never did anything else. This is probably just a subset of what you were interested in, but there's so many of them that it'll give you something to do.

Pebbles

Highs In The Mid-60s

Nuggets

Psychedelic States

DrGreggles

Quote from: The Mollusk on January 14, 2022, 11:00:17 AMCan't go wrong with The Seeds' self-titled debut album. A veritable gold mine of feverish fuzzy hooks.

Aaooowww!

I echo this sentiment

Sebastian Cobb

A lot of them only had a few singles under their belts so didn't release albums or if they did they're full of filler, although one of the notable exceptions is The Sonics.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 14, 2022, 01:03:21 PMI listened to all of these a few years back, and as expected, some gems, lots where you're quite glad that they never did anything else. This is probably just a subset of what you were interested in, but there's so many of them that it'll give you something to do.

Pebbles

Highs In The Mid-60s

Nuggets

Psychedelic States

Back from the Grave series is good too.

Geoffs~Cape

Norton Records has a whole load of compilations, I think most are available to stream if you have a subsciption somewhere: https://www.nortonrecords.com/cds-2/?sort=alphaasc