Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:35:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How in step with the GUFFAW thread are you?

Started by Catalogue of ills, January 14, 2022, 04:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

Is his brother really deputy assistant or assistant deputy or whatever commissioner of the Met? I saw that mentioned somewhere by way of a screengrab which looked fake.

pigamus

canadagoose

Quote from: The Mollusk on January 15, 2022, 03:27:09 PMI think the thread works as a 50-50 split of archiving the actual funniest posts on the forum, and giving a friendly mention to another person letting them know you enjoyed reading what they wrote. So it's nice and harmless and not cliquey in the slightest. Saying it's cliquey is basically holding your hands up and saying "I have no sense of humour or empathy and am therefore pathetic and useless, please roast me to death".
Yeah, that's what I think. I like letting people know which posts are good, and I often find some funny content in the thread too. It's a good place.

bgmnts

I think it's a bit cliquey and sad but then I was born without humour or empathy.

Goldentony

whinging and cyrarsing about cliques in 2021 over one of the most benign and positive threads on here is a solid use of fucking time. hells teeth, there's kids out there with no dinner lads, no concept of it

mr. logic

Never occurs to me to read it. Don't see the problem with it in general.

Goldentony

gutted re:the 'MARK UNREAD' button, just gutted, had to sit the kids down and explain 'QUICK REPLY', things thrown everywhere, crying, disaster, one of em tried to jump out the car on the way back from the thread

shoulders

Solid guy works hard loves his kids totally out of step with GUFFAW thread

pigamus

Fambo Number Mive

I like the guffaw thread a lot, I don't read every thread in this forum so it's the only way to find out about funny posts in threads I don't read. Most posts in the thread make me smile, often they make me laugh.

Replies From View

Quote from: The Mollusk on January 15, 2022, 03:27:09 PMI think the thread works as a 50-50 split of archiving the actual funniest posts on the forum, and giving a friendly mention to another person letting them know you enjoyed reading what they wrote. So it's nice and harmless and not cliquey in the slightest. Saying it's cliquey is basically holding your hands up and saying "I have no sense of humour or empathy and am therefore pathetic and useless, please roast me to death".

After being quoted, some people like to say "aw shucks guys thanks for finding my posts funny" and I'm not sure if that feeds into anything but it sometimes feels like it does.

I think it's one of those things where if you can be arsed to feed into that community you'll be rewarded with more regular mentions within it, but maybe that's my own bitterness at not being funny enough, as you say.

Replies From View

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 15, 2022, 03:52:46 PMIn amongst the utter bollocks, HS Art contains some of the most creative writing to appear on this site.

nay the entire internet

Replies From View

Quote from: Goldentony on January 15, 2022, 07:35:27 PMwhinging and cyrarsing about cliques in 2021 over one of the most benign and positive threads on here is a solid use of fucking time. hells teeth, there's kids out there with no dinner lads, no concept of it

You wouldn't want any dinner either if your teeth were as bad as theirs.

pigamus

I worry about looking a bit needy and self-regarding if I say thank you, but that may just be my paranoia

The Mollusk

When people make me feel loved I would walk through fire to tell them I appreciate it! You deserve it, share the love :)

Paul Calf

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on January 14, 2022, 07:31:08 PM
Quote from: Crenners on January 14, 2022, 06:53:09 PMIt's really shit most of the time.

Tryhard cringe rants and puns, really weak absurdist descriptions that go on too long long but you can see the person writing it thinks it's really funny.

Then you have the posters who quote stuff in there all the time and you think fucking hell, you must be howling with laughter at nothing all the time, you witless fucking simpleton. Either that or you're just trying to curry favour with people on here by guzzling their fuckin chode all the time. What a cunt you must be to share any part of any day with. We'll all be better off the sooner you're dead.

Paul Calf

Spoon of Ploff

Perhaps we should have threads to acknowledge posts that have made us feel humble of how our knowledge of the universe is so lacking, or posts that have left us crying tears of bitter rage.. or what about posts that make us fearful of what the future holds for human kind?

druss

I used to hate it until one of my posts cropped up there.

That was a while back though, so fuck that thread.

Replies From View

Best of all is when you get impatient people quoting their own posts in there.

"I know it's deemed bad form to quote oneself, but I choked myself laughing when I read this back..."

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on January 16, 2022, 11:42:25 AMPerhaps we should have threads to acknowledge posts that have made us feel humble of how our knowledge of the universe is so lacking, or posts that have left us crying tears of bitter rage.. or what about posts that make us fearful of what the future holds for human kind?
Or just a general Best of Cab?

touchingcloth

Can anyone honestly say they've ever found anything on CaB funny?

To be honest I'd rather have tags - and the Best Tags thread - back. You had all the context you needed from the relevant thread's title, at least 90% of the time. I used to read it and laugh.

pigamus

In fairness the "clique" thing is cobblers. I'm not in any clique. Sometimes one of my shit dad jokes will hit the spot - even a stopped clock etc. That's all it is. If you don't think people on here are ever funny I don't get why you'd be on here in the first place. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Crenners

You might feel a civic duty to make it funnier per capita.

touchingcloth

Maybe the thread itself isn't cliquey, but has the potential to appear that way? For example there are posters who I tend to find consistently hilarious and who don't regularly appear in the thread, and others who I rarely find hilarious but who regularly do. Broad church of horses fucking horses.

Dr Rock

Every forum member has told me by PM that my posts are funniest, and that's enough for me.

imitationleather

Quote from: Dr Rock on January 16, 2022, 01:14:10 PMEvery forum member has told me by PM that my posts are funniest, and that's enough for me.

Really? Shit, I must have been hacked!

The Great CaB Data Leak of 2022.