Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:24:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How in step with the GUFFAW thread are you?

Started by Catalogue of ills, January 14, 2022, 04:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

Quote from: Goldentony on January 15, 2022, 07:35:27 PMwhinging and cyrarsing about cliques in 2021 over one of the most benign and positive threads on here is a solid use of fucking time. hells teeth, there's kids out there with no dinner lads, no concept of it

+1

Ferris

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 16, 2022, 12:51:57 PMthere are posters who I tend to find consistently hilarious and who don't regularly appear in the thread

Cheers mate appreciate that

Buelligan

Quote from: pigamus on January 16, 2022, 12:47:45 PMIn fairness the "clique" thing is cobblers. I'm not in any clique. Sometimes one of my shit dad jokes will hit the spot - even a stopped clock etc. That's all it is. If you don't think people on here are ever funny I don't get why you'd be on here in the first place. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Not really the thing with the clique problem though, is it?  I mean, it's an open thread, anyone can put up a post saying pigamus is fucking ACE (if they want).

Problem arises when someone says pigamus is fucking ace.  And then pigamus, whoever that is, says yeah, and that someone is ACE too.  And then someone says it again and it looks to people outside like there's a love thing happening, even if there isn't.  Then the people outside feel like they're outside and go off sadly to sit under a tree crying and it's all ruined again.

pigamus

Sorry but I think that's daft. If people have got mates here they've got mates here, what's wrong with that? It doesn't exclude me or anybody else.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Buelligan on January 16, 2022, 01:57:14 PMNot really the thing with the clique problem though, is it?  I mean, it's an open thread, anyone can put up a post saying pigamus is fucking ACE (if they want).

Problem arises when someone says pigamus is fucking ace.  And then pigamus, whoever that is, says yeah, and that someone is ACE too.  And then someone says it again and it looks to people outside like there's a love thing happening, even if there isn't.  Then the people outside feel like they're outside and go off sadly to sit under a tree crying and it's all ruined again.

Me and Pigamus have been fucking for about two years.*

*This is obviously not true**
**Or is it?

Buelligan

Quote from: pigamus on January 16, 2022, 02:05:49 PMSorry but I think that's daft. If people have got mates here they've got mates here, what's wrong with that? It doesn't exclude me or anybody else.

Nothing wrong with it at all, just being mates.  But people do get upset when they feel excluded, that's what they're on about when they talk about cliques.  Not so much that there really are shadowy people actually controlling CaB from behind a big wank-stained curtain.  More that they want to see the little bald person all alone behind that curtain and know it.

Replies From View

Replies From View

Quote from: pigamus on January 16, 2022, 02:05:49 PMSorry but I think that's daft. If people have got mates here they've got mates here, what's wrong with that? It doesn't exclude me or anybody else.

How many friends do you have out of ten

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Buelligan on January 16, 2022, 02:16:55 PMNothing wrong with it at all, just being mates.  But people do get upset when they feel excluded, that's what they're on about when they talk about cliques.

yes, that's why we all agreed not to mention the secret sub-forum.

Buelligan

Replies From View

It's called a gob when it rhymes with Cobb

Replies From View

Butchers Blind

Imagine if there was a 'The last CaB post that made you want to log off and never return', what would you think?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Butchers Blind on January 16, 2022, 04:38:40 PMImagine if there was a 'The last CaB post that made you want to log off and never return', what would you think?

there is

Butchers Blind

Ferris

People take sides in certain threads about contentious topics (which is fair enough) but I've never noticed "cliques" on CaB. Maybe they're laughably obvious and I just don't notice. Too busy thinking up anus jokes for my latest HS Art gold.

pigamus

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 16, 2022, 02:10:57 PMMe and Pigamus have been fucking for about two years.*

*This is obviously not true**
**Or is it?

I kind of wish you'd just cum to be honest, I mean I don't want to sound ungrateful

pigamus

pigamus

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Ferris on January 16, 2022, 05:00:55 PMPeople take sides in certain threads about contentious topics (which is fair enough) but I've never noticed "cliques" on CaB. Maybe they're laughably obvious and I just don't notice. Too busy thinking up anus jokes for my latest HS Art gold.

you're only saying this because of the amount of threads with your name in the title.

mothman

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 16, 2022, 12:51:57 PMMaybe the thread itself isn't cliquey, but has the potential to appear that way? For example there are posters who I tend to find consistently hilarious and who don't regularly appear in the thread, and others who I rarely find hilarious but who regularly do. Broad church of horses fucking horses.
I might have been the first one to drop the c-word in this thread, not sure, but this was definitely how I meant it.

Sebastian Cobb

I think on some level it's vaguely interesting to see what people find funny or not. Sometimes I agree sometimes I don't. Sometimes I re-read and it changes my interpretation versus the original thread skim.

pigamus

I don't think I've ever read it and thought, well that's shit, why the fuck have you posted that. I mean if it didn't make me laugh I can see why it made the other person laugh.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: pigamus on January 16, 2022, 05:31:39 PMI don't think I've ever read it and thought, well that's shit, why the fuck have you posted that. I mean if it didn't make me laugh I can see why it made the other person laugh.

Neither have I but I think there's some insights in the 'meh' stuff if a lot of people herald it? Since there's no rep or likes on this place (baz has explained he's not keen on the idea, which is fair enough) you might not know otherwise.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 16, 2022, 05:26:39 PMI think on some level it's vaguely interesting to see what people find funny or not. Sometimes I agree sometimes I don't. Sometimes I re-read and it changes my interpretation versus the original thread skim.

I've found some stuff absolutely hilarious, but then a day later when I see it in the guffaw thread I think "why did I bother posting that". Mood must have an impact on what's funny. All very cryptic.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Ferris on January 16, 2022, 05:53:40 PMI've found some stuff absolutely hilarious, but then a day later when I see it in the guffaw thread I think "why did I bother posting that". Mood must have an impact on what's funny. All very cryptic.

That's exactly why it's kind of good imo.

Ferris

Recently I've cut out the the middleman and just read my posting history. Laughs aplenty

touchingcloth

Quote from: pigamus on January 16, 2022, 05:31:39 PMI don't think I've ever read it and thought, well that's shit, why the fuck have you posted that. I mean if it didn't make me laugh I can see why it made the other person laugh.

Same. The exception being if I don't get the reference because I've not been following the thread it came from (mainly the things posted from the Glinner threads), or if I'm not familiar with the subject matter in general (most jokes about sport sail over my head). But I'm aware that that's a "me thing", as the kids probably don't say.