Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:18:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Every comedian is just a Peter Kay knock-off

Started by shlug, January 18, 2022, 06:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shlug

Case in point, saw Stewart Lee last week and the show consisted of;

"Ayup does anyone remember the eighties!? That were a fertile time for alternative comedy weren't it!"

and variations thereof for roughly 2 hours.

Completely ruined stand up for me after seeing Peter Kay deconstruct the very medium at Top of t'Tower. Does anyone remember that?

Replies From View

Genuinely was watching Fist of Fun with the commentary on just now, and in the second episode of series 1 they mention that Twiglets still exist and how Peter Kay is completely inimitable.

So that could be worthy of future consideration.

non capisco

Bad luck! That's my job! I'm a standup comedian! I'm meant to challenge people! If you don't like being challenged don't watch my shows. What's the matter...too....CHALLENGING for ya? (Dick 'ead).

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Remember the crypto fascist military industrial complex? What were that about, eh? What the FUCK were that about? Rola Cola.

Captain Z

He said to me, "These days, you get arrested and thrown in jail if you say you're English."

I said, "Been busy?... What time y'on till?"

shlug

An exert from Ricky Gervais's latest special;

"GOD IS DEAD!? GOD IS DEAD!?"

in a gruff Northern staccato fashion. Which doesn't make it more true.

Curse you God for making me see Peter Kay!!

petril

Alexei Sayle approaches a camera menacingly to demand that the audience remember the 90s Spangles revival

shlug

Last year I did a nationwide comedy tour in order to purchase a bungalow for me mum.

DangledTeeth

Lee Evans: Uh-hueh-ueh-egh-hyah. *Wipes face with a towel teletext* It's like when me an' the wife go intuh thuh shop, an' this salesman approaches yeh an' he sez, "Dey-vey-doy an' gaar-lic buh-read commmbooeh".

Ferris

I'll never forget the first time I saw Bill Hicks do his "Nan Likes Rola Cola/You Are All Diseased" routine.

shlug

Excuse beef, doof any body haf any bartle of rooda koola

Spoiler alert
Yes Reece, even you.
[close]

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Ferris on January 19, 2022, 03:55:34 PMI'll never forget the first time I saw Bill Hicks do his "Nan Likes Rola Cola/You Are All Diseased" routine.

Spoilt only by the audience heckler shouting out "Airwolf!" as a request for Hicks to do the theme tune.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

♪♪♪ Don't know where we're going
      Got no way of knowing
      Driving on the road to Red Dwarf ♪♪♪