Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:12:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum update - test thread

Started by Barry Admin, February 11, 2022, 02:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Sorry about the disruption there, I noticed an update which made the software final was out, so had to update it as soon as I saw it really. 

I'm amazed it's gone so smoothly so far, let me know of any issues.

Need to fix spoilers and stuff, be careful of that for the meantime.

Famous Mortimer

Ambient Sheep

Yay, page numbers back at top AND bottom!!

Not sure about the extra spacing between threads on the forum listings but I expect I can get used to it.

Icehaven

Is it just me or has the funky Cook/Morris banner at the top of the page gone?

Barry Admin

This is just the default look! I'll be adding back the other theme I'm sure. And I'll be able to customise it more now as it won't get fucked up by new release candidates all the time

The forum is basically reset at the minute, it all needs to be customised again. 

Mister Six

"Mister Six and 0 guests are viewing" General Bullshit, apparently. Has the counter gone a bit odd?

GoblinAhFuckScary

fuck this looks so nice and tidy. minus the lovely banner ofc

missed the big avatars

shoulders

Think this update is a bit of an improvement so far!

Barry Admin

:-(

I mean it's kind of a shame as it's just the default lol, I will have to customise it so strap in

Edit: (Can always make this available as an alternate skin again I guess)

The Mollusk

GoblinAhFuckScary

Aw I like it however it is! The way it is now feels particularly clear though. I felt there was a problem with the way avatars were formatted before?

Edit: if it's possible to choose this as an alt I'd like that! Personally, my fave was the previous just because I found it easier to read. Obviously completely subjective xx

Cold Meat Platter

Very nippy compared to how it's been recently.

Ambient Sheep

I initially thought people were joking about the bigger avatars, because I can't see any at all on mobile; setting to Desktop Mode reveals them. :-)

Can't see any avatars on iPhone. Maybe that's by design? I do like the layout though and it feels faster.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on February 11, 2022, 03:10:57 PMI initially thought people were joking about the bigger avatars, because I can't see any at all on mobile; setting to Desktop Mode reveals them. :-)

That was the compromise that meant I could get them on mobile portrait mode, they had to be smaller overall on the theme that was used upto this afternoon.

Hopefully now I can fix that properly and add page numbers at the bottom etc. The whole responsive theme business is still new to me.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Small Potatoes on February 11, 2022, 03:13:36 PMCan't see any avatars on iPhone. Maybe that's by design? I do like the layout though and it feels faster.
Try landscape.

Catalogue of ills

Can't see any avatars (Android, Ecosia)

madhair60

TrenterPercenter

Is it just me or can anyone else remember what old CAB looked like? - it's been completely deleted from my mind now.  Weird.

Endicott

Quote from: Barry Admin on February 11, 2022, 02:48:36 PMThis is just the default look! I'll be adding back the other theme I'm sure. And I'll be able to customise it more now as it won't get fucked up by new release candidates all the time

The forum is basically reset at the minute, it all needs to be customised again. 

Ignore these numbskulls BA, just get it back how you want it!

Endicott

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on February 11, 2022, 03:33:05 PMIs it just me or can anyone else remember what old CAB looked like? - it's been completely deleted from my mind now.  Weird.

I get this whenever anyone I know has a haircut. Previous look deleted from memory.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Barry Admin on February 11, 2022, 03:18:36 PMHopefully now I can... ...add page numbers at the bottom etc. The whole responsive theme business is still new to me.

As mentioned above, I now have page numbers top and bottom (on mobile Android); no such work required!

Quote from: Small Potatoes on February 11, 2022, 03:28:01 PM
Quote from: shiftwork2 on February 11, 2022, 03:24:35 PM
Quote from: Small Potatoes on February 11, 2022, 03:13:36 PMCan't see any avatars on iPhone. Maybe that's by design? I do like the layout though and it feels faster.

Try landscape.

Ooh yes! There they are. Weird. Thanks for that :)

Interesting... I'd already tried rotating to Landscape on my Android phone and still no avatars on the mobile theme.  Maybe it depends on the screen size (this is an old S7)?

Yes, yes it does, rotating to Landscape on my larger Android tablet gives me avatars.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on February 11, 2022, 03:43:05 PMAs mentioned above, I now have page numbers top and bottom (on mobile Android); no such work required!

Only on this default theme, it will presumably still require manual editing when I reinstall the other theme, as it's not included by default. Dunno why.

Barry Admin

Sadly can't see a tagging system yet, but I'd imagine it's imminent now that the software has moved to 2.1, fingers crossed. Haven't had a chance to see what new features or fixes there are yet, bear with me as I'll be tinkering.

Norton Canes

The font's gone a bit small, I guess it'll be back to its usual size soon

Mr_Simnock

Barry Admin

Gonna install the other theme again now, then I can add spoilers and stuff back aye

Dex Sawash

I plan to moan about the PREVIOUS TOPIC/NEXT TOPIC controls missing from bottom of threads when it is appropriate to moan about those sorts of thngs.