Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:33:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

GC Rowling's Battlefield TERF, part 2: Fantastic Wheeshts and Where to Find Them

Started by Mister Six, April 14, 2022, 09:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

Quote from: phantom_power on May 18, 2022, 02:56:47 PMI think a load of kids disagreeing with a transphobe is the peakening these people think it is. Quite the opposite in fact

Anti-trans activists are also ignoring the glaringly obvious that they have contributed to making the issue violent and toxic. Their behaviour is not at all what you want children taking their cues from.

There is one side saying leave transpeople alone and another saying 'A woman has a vagina and a man has a penis', so at a glance, only one of those is proposing tolerance and peace.

phantom_power

Quote from: phantom_power on May 18, 2022, 02:56:47 PMI think a load of kids disagreeing with a transphobe is the peakening these people think it is. Quite the opposite in fact

I am sure it doesn't need saying but I meant "I don't think" there, just for clarification

Jockice

idunnosomename

The source is one teacher from the school writing for the website Transgender Trend. At the least it's bound to be exaggerated, but it might be entirely made up

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Shame on the Times, a broadsheet that charges actual money to read it online, for publishing this fucking bullshit. GBeebies will be on it next, puking it back up and crying.

I would have thought that this story has become big enough now for someone who was involved to put 2+2 together and have doxxed at least the school.

Ferris

Yeah it's the first one, Bill.

Is this supposed to be a gotcha question? And what does it have to do with "safeguarding spaces" or whatever the gossamer-thin excuse of the day is?

Mister Six

Oh god, Bill Maher is one of the stupidest cunts alive. Why does he still exist?

Ferris

Quote from: Mister Six on May 21, 2022, 02:12:23 PMOh god, Bill Maher is one of the stupidest cunts alive. Why does he still exist?

A man who speaks for a living yet has so little to say.

He's also a boomer who unironically thinks millennials are the most gullible generation, and I'd be amazed if he doesn't vote Republican. His takes and opinions can be safely deposited in the toilet.

petril

Famous Mortimer

He's a right winger who seemed okay to the left because he advocated weed legalization, and his dogshit takes got shared less.

pigamus

I don't know if anybody listens to the West Wing Thing podcast - it's very good - but Dave Anthony on that says that Bill Maher was very lucky to come up when he did, because he really isn't very talented at all.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on May 21, 2022, 03:49:47 PMHe's a right winger who seemed okay to the left because he advocated weed legalization, and his dogshit takes got shared less.

Also some atheism stuff I think. About 10 years ago after the pub a mate put some docu on and compared to the aggro-athiesm that came later it was pretty tame, I mostly thought it was pretty trite. Just really smugly trapping relatively polite religious people with logical fallacies and contradictions a 12 year old could spot themselves if they could be bothered to read enough of the bible. It was also obvious he was an individualistic psedy-libertarian as no curiosity in senses of community or whatever.

phantom_power

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 21, 2022, 02:04:56 PM

It's fucking both isn't it you thick cunt. It is biological but if you know you will get abuse you may not come out, even to yourself. If you feel accepted you are more likely to identify as trans. It's not fucking rocket science. I bet there are a lot less gay people in Russia than America as well, if you look at who is willing to come out and say they are gay

somersetchris

Quote from: Ferris on May 21, 2022, 02:19:02 PMHe's also a boomer who unironically thinks millennials are the most gullible generation, and I'd be amazed if he doesn't vote Republican.

Nah he's more of an independent / Libertarian type. It's the more edgy option! He can claim he's a free thinker.

Dr Rock

If being gay is natural, why are there so many more of them in London and Brighton, and so few in Barnsley?

Cold Meat Platter

Why are so few footballers gay? Maybe there's a footballing/not gay gene?

Bill Maher is and always has been a thick fucking cunt and having even an iota of time for him is a red flag.

phantom_power

Someone on Twitter showed a graph on the rise of left-handedness in the 20th century. Is that some fad as well?

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: phantom_power on May 22, 2022, 11:22:37 AMSomeone on Twitter showed a graph on the rise of left-handedness in the 20th century. Is that some fad as well?
I've got left-handed learners, my age and even younger, who report being "encouraged" to write with their right hands in Italy and Spain. It's almost as though, when people in positions of authority stop trying to suppress what they consider to be unnatural, their victims become increasingly comfortable affirming that part of their make-up.

Which is probably the point you were making, isn't it? Sorry.

phantom_power

It's fucking basic scientific thinking isn't it. Correlation does not imply causation

petril

let's be honest here, they want to surpress everything that's unlike themselves because people that aren't identical to them are not predictable and thus a source of paranoia.

Brundle-Fly

Lock me up and throw away the key. I'm not a Bill Maher hater like a lot on CaB, but I concede that's an inane take on this issue.

idunnosomename

she's changed her twitter avatar again (I got a who-to-follow). another anti-trans take incoming

Juan K Perros

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 21, 2022, 08:04:20 PMIf being gay is natural, why are there so many more of them in London and Brighton, and so few in Barnsley?

It's a bit off putting when you're admiring the bulge in a lad's trousers and then it turns out to be a ferret.