Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:14:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Daily Mail phone hacking case

Started by Blue Jam, March 31, 2023, 11:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamiefairlie

He wants unlimited immunity to shag as many Kate-alikes as he can manage without any publicity

Jittlebags

Favourable treatment to Pippa's dirtbox more like.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Jittlebags on April 25, 2023, 07:26:23 PMFavourable treatment to Pippa's dirtbox more like.

Pippa's got a dirtbox and she's not afraid to use it

gilbertharding

Quote from: Icehaven on April 25, 2023, 03:45:31 PMWhy would someone for whom any amount of money is virtually meaningless and with access to the best legal representation available settle out of court? Surely for someone like Wills the point is to drag the tabloids through the mill and get them prosecuted rather than accept some cash you really don't need. I wonder why he could possibly not have wanted the details of his phonecalls to be discussed in court?   

This is, of course, the big question. Personally I doubt the Mail would ever have actually published the kind of stuff we can't help imagining they have - but if it all came out in court, well...

Blue Jam

Bants et al's case against Mirror Group Newspapers (MGN) has opened with MGN apologising to him and pretty much admitting guilt:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65541046

QuotePrince Harry is also expected to allege that he experienced what was, in hindsight, voicemail interception in relation to 30 people with whom he had a close relationship.

He is expected to give evidence in June - the first time a senior royal will be a witness in court in modern times.

The estate of the late singer George Michael and actor Ricky Tomlinson have also brought claims against MGN, with "test cases" - including Harry's - selected to go to trial from the wider group of claimants.

The other "representative" cases set for trial are that of former Coronation Street actress Nikki Sanderson, comedian Paul Whitehouse's ex-wife Fiona Wightman and actor Michael Turner - who played Kevin Webster in Coronation Street and goes by his stage name Michael Le Vell. All are expected to give evidence during the six to seven week trial.

QuoteThe hearing is focusing on what senior executives at the MGN knew about widespread phone hacking - including former editor of the Daily Mirror Piers Morgan.

First Meghan wouldn't shag him, now this. He must be furious. Oh please please PLEASE take that bastard down...

Live updates:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/live/2023/may/11/piers-morgan-prince-harry-mirror-group-newspapers-phone-hacking-trial-latest-news-updates

Blue Jam

Also because this is CaB:

It's a HAAAIIIIIR IIIIIISLAND... Bit rich of him to call Wills' baldness "alarming" even if it was funny.

Ferris

I was always slightly surprised that Morgan didn't get scooped up in the last phone hacking case as he's the poster child for Bloke Who Obviously Done It.

I'm pleased he's getting his now though.

Blue Jam

Is Bald Harry going to look like Clive Sinclair? I hope so.

Blue Jam

Bants is in court today for the MGN phone hacking case, again not getting much coverage for some reason:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/royal-family/prince-harry-court-phone-hacking-latest-news-b2352233.html

QuoteAndrew Green KC, representing MGN, has begun his cross-examination of the duke by saying: "I'm sure your legal team has explained to you how this process works.

"Alright there Prince Thicko mate"

Looks like a lot of evidence of dodgy payments to private eyes here, will be interesting to see how fucked Piers Morgan and MGN are how this plays out.

Oh, and Kaya Mar dropped by:

idunnosomename

Is Mirror Group Newspapers autonomous outside Reach PLC? I suppose it was, but isn't really now?

Glebe

Blue Jam

bgmnts

Pure mental.

Very generous hairline they gave him though.

Zero Gravitas

Peripheral vision had my back, until it didn't.

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Quote from: bgmnts on June 06, 2023, 11:37:56 PMVery generous hairline they gave him though.

The court artist wasn't so generous:

Zero Gravitas

At the field of view of human vision that judge is a little under 2 midsize saloon cars away.

buttgammon

Is that an actor or a really bad AI Bants?

Blue Jam

Brian Harvey has now turned up outside the court, interrupting a BBC broadcast, holding up a banner and shouting to Harry "I WILL HELP YOU!"

https://www.nme.com/news/music/east-17s-brian-harvey-interrupts-news-broadcast-as-he-protests-outside-prince-harrys-phone-hacking-trial-3452508

There's video on Twitter but it seems wrong to post it as it's from a Talk TV bod and Harvey is clearly not well, although Talk TV filming him and putting the video up does seem to prove Harry and Brian's point that the media are scumbags.

Blue Jam

Quote from: buttgammon on June 07, 2023, 08:53:27 AMIs that an actor or a really bad AI Bants?

I think they just phoned Central Casting and said "Get us a ginge. Fuckit, any ginge'll do."

GB News should have just got Paul Embery to do it in his best "Duhhhh, I'm Prince Thicko" voice.

idunnosomename

Did he grow the beard for it? Should've shaved in a tonsure too.

buttgammon

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 07, 2023, 02:41:31 PMBrian Harvey has now turned up outside the court, interrupting a BBC broadcast, holding up a banner and shouting to Harry "I WILL HELP YOU!"

https://www.nme.com/news/music/east-17s-brian-harvey-interrupts-news-broadcast-as-he-protests-outside-prince-harrys-phone-hacking-trial-3452508

There's video on Twitter but it seems wrong to post it as it's from a Talk TV bod and Harvey is clearly not well, although Talk TV filming him and putting the video up does seem to prove Harry and Brian's point that the media are scumbags.

The issue is a political hot potato (sorry!)

Sonny_Jim

Any word on how many esctasy tablets he munched beforehand?

shoulders

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65908411

Look at what these muck raking cunts are like.

Spying on a comedian's partner, blagging her medical records, doorstepping her.

The lowest.

"We've all got to make a living somehow" is the typical retort whenever anyone challenges people to confront ethics or principles

Is there anything more pitiful?

Ferris

QuoteThe publisher also says her case should be rejected because she failed to take legal action at the time. Victims of privacy breaches usually have a six-year time limit to sue.

"You didn't sue us when you were being treated for cancer so you missed the boat" is quite a defence.

Then again, sometimes to produce the very best journalism you have to doorstep a cancer survivor. No choice mate.

BlodwynPig

Fucked mindsets all over the shop. Missed our chance to stamp it out decades ago. What a fucking diabolical human fucking fucking and one more fucking being.

bgmnts

I think it's been said here before but of all of the systemic evils, the media - especially tabloid media - scumbags are probably the worst human beings on earth.

Blue Jam

Oh boo-hoo:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66046118

Elsewhere it's been widely reported that Harry only deserves about £500 compensation. This is actually just the words of MGN's barrister but it's being framed as if it's the final verdict and Bants is about to be hugely embarrassed at having speng millions on legal costs for nothing. Really it looks like MGN may be fooked to the tune of much more than £500:

QuoteMGN, a company valued at less than £250m has now paid £105m in damages and legal costs

Ooooof. If the four test cases are successful could MGN then claim bankruptcy to avoid paying the other circa 100 claimants?

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 28, 2023, 06:28:05 PMOh boo-hoo:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66046118

Elsewhere it's been widely reported that Harry only deserves about £500 compensation. This is actually just the words of MGN's barrister but it's being framed as if it's the final verdict and Bants is about to be hugely embarrassed at having speng millions on legal costs for nothing. Really it looks like MGN may be fooked to the tune of much more than £500:

Ooooof. If the four test cases are successful could MGN then claim bankruptcy to avoid paying the other circa 100 claimants?

If they claim bankruptcy wouldn't they have to sell the papers off to new owners to get money for their creditors? All national newspapers are in terminal decline, I don't see them surviving this decade, what attraction is for a buyer? Would they have to close the papers temp while new buyers are sort? Is it really worth all this?