Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:42:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fishing: are you into it?

Started by Ferris, June 24, 2023, 09:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

It's a good feeling waking up and knowing there's a clear, pristine day to get out and kick the living shit out of a canal.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 25, 2023, 09:33:13 AMAsk yourself this, when a bison smashes you into Stockton Rush paste, should we shrug or mourn the loss of valuable life in out delicate ecosystem?

I ask you THIS in return

Do you think your shit life is as valuable as a magestic tuna or a hilarious monkey? I don't think so

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 25, 2023, 10:29:21 AMThe rare crimson gilled snark. See it glitter in the crystal clear stream. Such beauty, evolutionary brilliance. Watch i horror as it is torn from its home by metal on a reel. Confusion in its eyes when confronted by two gurning alternative comedians, inanely gibbering and brapping their pollution into the atmosphere.

It perishes.

A man on a forum says "who the fuck cares"

That man is destroyed by a bison in 2024

This is plankos mum please stop making fun of his recent bison pupling imbruglio he was our little angel despite everything cheers

Cerys

BlodwynPig

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on June 25, 2023, 11:15:29 AMI ask you THIS in return

Do you think your shit life is as valuable as a magestic tuna or a hilarious monkey? I don't think so

No. But your bison death will be majestic!

Ferris

Can't wait to go kick the fuck out of some fish.

Ferris

Quote from: madhair60 on June 25, 2023, 10:52:10 AMfish are cunts, they've pissed me off specifically, but i still wouldn't throw a hook at them. i'll throw the book at them, sure - and indeed have. unfortunately i lost my case Stuart Gipp vs Fish and now a lot of my monthly income just goes straight in a river.

This made me reconsider. I think fish are pretty cool guys so I'm gonna go easy on 'em from now on.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Ferris on June 25, 2023, 12:17:02 PMThis made me reconsider. I think fish are pretty cool guys so I'm gonna go easy on 'em from now on.

Rugged outdoorsman captured by the fey urban wokerati elites

Buelligan

First we're going to wax him.  Then we're going to train him.

BlodwynPig

Buelligan

I don't think dynamiting is awfully woke (apologies to the dynamiting community). 

No.  We need to get him on a better diet and teach him to wee sitting down.  Then, perhaps, the dynamite.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: All Surrogate on June 25, 2023, 11:01:17 AMI sometimes see people fishing in Walsall canal - I've no idea what they catch, and I'm not eager to taste the fish.

I went for a walk recently in part along the Manchester Ship Canal - yeah, I go to all the beauty spots - and there was a stretch with a load of dead fish washed up on the bank.

(spoiler because you might reasonably not want to see a picture of dead fish)

Spoiler alert
[close]

There were people fishing about 100 yards away and yeah, I wouldn't want to eat the catch either.

It wasn't a totally wasted day out though, because I saw rabbits too.

Not spoilered, because nobody could object to a picture of a lovely bunny.

BlodwynPig

I can only condone fishing if fisherman adhere to the rule "tackle for tackle"

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 25, 2023, 11:29:06 AMNo. But your bison death will be majestic!

I guess a bit of his majesty rubs off during the goring

idunnosomename

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on June 25, 2023, 02:04:57 PMI went for a walk recently in part along the Manchester Ship Canal - yeah, I go to all the beauty spots - and there was a stretch with a load of dead fish washed up on the bank.

(spoiler because you might reasonably not want to see a picture of dead fish)

Spoiler alert
[close]
they're just restin

Ferris

Anyone mad enough to fish in the Walsall canal deserves absolutely everything that happens to them as a result.

BlodwynPig

*8 year old Ferris leaves thread*

(Also gored by Solihull bison)

jobotic

I stayed on a caravan park near Weymouth a few years ago and the little beach was covered in dead jellyfish.

I didn't eat them. I'm not a Cockney. I'm from Kent, Cockneys pick my hops in exchange for pints of whelks.

Senior Baiano

king_tubby

I like eating fish, and I like sitting next to rivers, canals, lakes, seas, oceans etc, but I can't be arsed with actual fishing.

Brundle-Fly

Tried it once in 1977. Baw-ring!  It was the fact you had to be so quiet. The other thing that put me off was opening up my brother's bait box and a load of flies blasting out the tub, pebble dashing my face. It was like something out of The Mummy (1999).

Fuck fishing.

And I'm a Pisces.

idunnosomename

I caught the Hylian loach once (genuinely, took me hours and hours). so there's that

Kankurette

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on June 25, 2023, 08:19:21 PMTried it once in 1977. Baw-ring!  It was the fact you had to be so quiet. The other thing that put me off was opening up my brother's bait box and a load of flies blasting out the tub, pebble dashing my face. It was like something out of The Mummy (1999).

Fuck fishing.

And I'm a Pisces.
You don't want to catch your fishy brethren!

- Taurus who hates bullfighting

Thursday

I just assume I'd always mess things up on the extremely rare occasion I actually hook something and it would ruin my mood. Like the idea of sitting peacefully by the lake for a couple of hours and catching my dinner though.

Roxy Robinson

Quote from: Thursday on June 26, 2023, 10:01:38 AMI just assume I'd always mess things up on the extremely rare occasion I actually hook something and it would ruin my mood. Like the idea of sitting peacefully by the lake for a couple of hours and catching my dinner though.

That's not my experience, it just gives you a hunger for more and focuses your mind next time you get a pull. It's an incredibly addictive feeling to catch a fish on the fly and the sheer challenge and satisfaction makes it easier to overlook the torture. How good did it feel to catch a Hylian loach? Well times that by a million and have it for dinner.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I'd do it if you were allowed to write rude words on the fish in felt tip.

Noodle Lizard

I love it, but annoyingly there's no good fishing near me. Not for lack of trying. I'd have to go deep-sea or rent a boat to go further out into a pay-to-access lake I'd have to drive an hour and a half to reach. I could invest in some heavier gear and try fishing for rays or small sharks off a pier, but that doesn't really appeal to me (ethically I know it's not much different, but still).

The last good fishing I had was in Florida where there was a jetty across the street from where I was staying. I spent most of the holiday there, catching all sorts of weird, colourful and spiky things. Still not sure what some of them were.