Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:32:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fishing: are you into it?

Started by Ferris, June 24, 2023, 09:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Video Game Fan 2000

we'll never unite the left until we're all agreed that fishermen should be blown up with bombs

shoulders

Dr Rock

Wrong side of history mate (Ferris).

Video Game Fan 2000

we call it fishtory to center the delicious experiences of fish

Ferris

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 26, 2023, 09:26:18 PMWrong side of history mate (Ferris).

Going back to the lake this weekend, just got it sorted.

Gonna be up to the gills in fish.

Ferris

(Though to reiterate, it's a lake full of pickerel and largemouth bass and they're all considered invasive to native species here

Lights out, bop, thanks for that mate you did us/general conservation a service. Enjoy your free dinner!)

Armed Traffic Warden

It's clearly for people with a God complex, thinking they have the right to toy with other living creatures happiness and fear, like an Olympian on a long weekend jolly. Holding in their hands the implement of life and death and directing it phallus like towards their victims. Sticking their conquered prey in their box's of death after beating them to a pulp. It's an activity for most vile, repellent fuckheads imaginable...

... Oh fishing?  Yeah, fishing is great. Sorry, I thought we were talking about baking.

Video Game Fan 2000

fishing + baking = populous by bullfrog entertainment

prove me wrong

Armed Traffic Warden

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on June 27, 2023, 12:57:19 AMfishing + baking = populous by bullfrog entertainment

prove me wrong

Bullfrog E=MC2  you got a problem with that, take it up with Aristotle.

ZoyzaSorris

I love snorkelling and scuba diving and so would prefer people left the fish be to be enjoyed underwater in their natural habitat quite frankly. In general i don't think we should be killing wild animals for food given the huge number of humans and rapidly decreasing number of wild animals. If people are doing catch and release, catching invasive species or stocked fish then ok I guess. (I normally can't stand spearfisherman, absolutely cowardly s4c, but I came across some in Rhodes who it turned out were hunting invasive lionfish so I let them off)

PlanktonSideburns

By that logic can I pick off pedestrians with a rifle out my window

ZoyzaSorris

PlanktonSideburns

THANK YOU

been getting lots of flack for this recently, that means a lot

Ferris

Going fishing tomorrow. Gonna be mega.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I hope you have a wonderful day.

Ferris

Went fishing, didn't catch shit.

Gone right off it now.

PlanktonSideburns

What's the animal cruelty version of blue balls

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Sauntering off to shoot a deer in the face, but your shotgun jams?

PlanktonSideburns

Lining up all the hamsters, but your hammer jams

Dex Sawash

Field full of horses well up for it and no stool

Sonny_Jim

Alanis Morissette considers etc etc

Dr Rock

Why not hack to death an octopus while you're out there.

Ferris

I'll post here to say I fished the rest of the season in my part of Canada. Really enjoyed it as a hobby, a tremendous excuse to go outside and stand in the weather for hours doing not very much. The peace and tranquility during a bit of professional strife did me the world of good.

Barbless hooks, careful preparation, and an ethical approach to lure selection meant that of the dozens of fish I caught, I released them all except for maybe 4 (all of which I ate). I'm not in it to kill for no reason, and it can be perfectly environmentally sound as long as you're not being a dickhead about it.

I'm planning a trip to Iceland and have spoken to a few friends of friends who live over there - saltwater fishing doesn't require a license so in among the hiking I'm going to bring a rod and catch dinner for our party maybe 2 nights out of seven. Looking forward to it already.

Perhaps I'm mad, but starting out I didn't really understand why people were into it. Now I can't wait to rough hike to the middle of nowhere in Iceland cos I reckon the pollock are going to be MASSIVE.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

edit: sorry I thought it said FISTING, has someone already made that joke

Ferris

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on February 05, 2024, 01:20:16 AMedit: sorry I thought it said FISTING, has someone already made that joke

Yes, that's what my post is about?

You might not be into the scene enough to understand all the lingo re: "lures", "catching", "rod" etc

God what a shit post fuck it here it goes

The F Bomb

Quote from: Ferris on February 05, 2024, 01:16:00 AMI'll post here to say I fished the rest of the season in my part of Canada. Really enjoyed it as a hobby, a tremendous excuse to go outside and stand in the weather for hours doing not very much. The peace and tranquility during a bit of professional strife did me the world of good.

Barbless hooks, careful preparation, and an ethical approach to lure selection meant that of the dozens of fish I caught, I released them all except for maybe 4 (all of which I ate). I'm not in it to kill for no reason, and it can be perfectly environmentally sound as long as you're not being a dickhead about it.

I'm planning a trip to Iceland and have spoken to a few friends of friends who live over there - saltwater fishing doesn't require a license so in among the hiking I'm going to bring a rod and catch dinner for our party maybe 2 nights out of seven. Looking forward to it already.

Perhaps I'm mad, but starting out I didn't really understand why people were into it. Now I can't wait to rough hike to the middle of nowhere in Iceland cos I reckon the pollock are going to be MASSIVE.

No greater feeling than braining your catch with an ivory salmon priest, wrapping it in a bin bag, putting it in the back of your Range Rover and driving straight into an active volcano.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Vodkafone