Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:55:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump's Georgia Trial: Fanni gaggin' for it.

Started by steve98, August 24, 2023, 09:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 26, 2023, 03:39:17 PMGarrison literally misquoting Shakespeare. It would work better if he didn't attribute the misquote to Shakespeare and  just hoped his audience would realise where the original quote was from. Also, Trump's back is to the Sea of Troubles  and he isn't taking up arms against it.

Damn right.

Stonefish

He didn't label the banana so I'm not sure what it represents, any help?

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Stonefish on August 26, 2023, 04:07:49 PMHe didn't label the banana so I'm not sure what it represents, any help?

That's the first thing that struck me too. What's the banana all about?

As Fambo pointed out, it's accidentally quite profound. You could easily interpret it as Trump focusing all his attention on winning petty personal battles (shield and arrows) whilst completely oblivious to any actual threat to mankind (Sea of Troubles). I feel this way about a lot of Garrison's work, it'd often only take minor changes to make a completely opposite point.

Glebe

pepperweasel

He's done other cartoons about a banana republic so maybe it's that. I don't think he actually knows what the phrase means, just seems to think "banana republic is when I don't like the president"

He should have his own thread, I'm morbidly fascinated by this cartoonist

idunnosomename

It kinda makes sense in that Trump isn't going to be killing himself (take arms against a sea of troubles is set up clearly as the not to be bit). I don't think he meant it like that though

idunnosomename

Quote from: pepperweasel on August 26, 2023, 05:27:19 PMHe's done other cartoons about a banana republic so maybe it's that. I don't think he actually knows what the phrase means, just seems to think "banana republic is when I don't like the president"

He should have his own thread, I'm morbidly fascinated by this cartoonist

he used to come up a lot in Trump threads and he got his own one after Trump lost in 2020, he's not been as fascinating since buff Trump left his strips.

CaB has made some of the infamous "CUM" edits too

Fambo Number Mive

Is that banana meant to have Biden's face on it? And the deep state banana appears to have its hand on the USA's nipple,

Glebe

Makes Trump ridiculously handsome here, the horrible toadie:

Mr Banlon

Garrison doesn't know what a banana republic is does he?
He just thinks it means 'Third World'
Trump running the US like a personal fiefdom for his, his friends, family and business associates financial gain is nothing like what United Fruit were doing in Central America is it?

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Glebe on August 26, 2023, 06:12:01 PMMakes Trump ridiculously handsome here, the horrible toadie:

Are those lines on his head making a big deal of Biden being bald? Isn't Trump bald and wears a wig? Maybe Trump fans deny this.

I see he labels Biden - does he not trust his readers to recognise his drawing of Biden, even with the ice cream image on the sleeve?

Glebe

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 26, 2023, 06:39:29 PMAre those lines on his head making a big deal of Biden being bald? Isn't Trump bald and wears a wig? Maybe Trump fans deny this.

Haha, yeah, fuck's sake!

Terry Torpid

Trump's hair isn't a wig. It's too shit to be a wig. It's the result of a bad scalp reduction, and a terrible combover.

Also Biden has had hair plugs at the front.

Neither of them win, they're both disqualified on the hair front.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Trump has the hairstyle of the Double Take Brother that isn't Harry Enfield in that cartoon.

Head Gardener

Terry Torpid

Blue Jam

Jasha

Who owns the copyright to that photo? Wouldn't it be the police?

DrGreggles

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 27, 2023, 01:34:37 PMhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66632882

F*** me, he's unstoppable.

Not enough for a man with a $400 million loan to pay back (+ interest) in the next few months.
Incidentally this is the 4th 'defence fund' he's set up in 30 months - each one raising notably less than the one before.
The cunt is broke - had to use a bondsman to pay his $200k bond due to "liquidity issues".

pepperweasel

Quote from: Jasha on August 27, 2023, 02:31:35 PMWho owns the copyright to that photo? Wouldn't it be the police?

Apparently it's public domain. Hopefully some anti-Trump entrepreneurs will make money out of it too.

DrGreggles

Reports that David Shafer (former Georgia GOP chairman and indicted co-conspirator) has flipped.
I wonder how many others will follow.

DrGreggles

Fourteenth Amendment  Equal Protection and Other Rights

Section 3 Disqualification from Holding Office

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

shoulders

Flipped?

One thing I've learnt in the last 10 years is that holding on to rules and process as if they are an immutable bulwark isn't a good idea for one's mental health.

frajer

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 26, 2023, 01:49:13 PMBest Ben effort in years. Top marks for the redundant labelling here

I like that by Garrison's own redundant labelling logic, the little man in the crowd is Trump too.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: pepperweasel on August 27, 2023, 02:40:10 PMApparently it's public domain. Hopefully some anti-Trump entrepreneurs will make money out of it too.

You can actually pay to have your mugshot removed from the police website they're uploaded to, it's a money maker for them as anyone who gets arrested in the US for whatever crime automatically gets them taken and uploaded to a public website. Someone I used to live with had two for two separate DUIs and paid a bunch to have them removed as she had a distinctive enough name that putting it into google search would bring them up as the first images. Obviously would be a waste of time for Trump to do that now...

Mister Six

Quote from: Jasha on August 27, 2023, 02:31:35 PMWho owns the copyright to that photo? Wouldn't it be the police?

Any photo taken by a US government employee in the pursuit of their job (so mugshots, official military photographs, official headshots of politicians for the Congress website etc) automatically becomes public domain.