Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:01:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Obvious Things you Only Just you know

Started by Icehaven, November 30, 2023, 09:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Dex Sawash

gilbertharding

Icehaven

Quote from: gilbertharding on December 01, 2023, 10:27:40 AMEverything alright @Icehaven ?

No, I see now I should have put some dots between 'just' and 'you', ffs. Still looks better than the last 0ne though.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Icehaven on December 01, 2023, 10:31:07 AMNo, I see now I should have put some dots between 'just' and 'you', ffs. Still looks better than the last 0ne though.

That's good.

thenoise

Cerys

Mild curry powder doesn't feel so mild when you rub your eyes within hours of adding it to a meal.

Also, sometimes handwashing doesn't help.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Icehaven on November 30, 2023, 09:14:40 PMCannons look like penises and balls.

You've used the wrong plural. They look like peni and ball.

Icehaven

Birdie

Of course, Peni's been going it alone since October 2020.

Incy Wincy Mincey

Is this the new thread then?

Anyway, the term "litterbug" is a play on "jitterbug". Although it probably predates the rise of Wham!

Dex Sawash

Was thinking about litterbug the other day and how little power it carries as a term. I guess when just pitching everything on the ground started to become bad I was a small child I didn't want to get called that but i only had the odd candy wrapper to discard. Can't imagine it weighed heavily on any adult tossing all their McDonald's waste out the car window.

Icehaven

Quote from: Incy Wincy Mincey on February 11, 2024, 05:24:41 PMIs this the new thread then?

It was supposed to be, but my thread title may have killed it dead by being even worse than last year.

dontpaintyourteeth

Momus is related to the guy from Del Amitri. Counts as obvious because they both have the same surname, and are bad at making music.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on February 11, 2024, 09:05:35 PMMomus is related to the guy from Del Amitri. Counts as obvious because they both have the same surname, and are bad at making music.

Momus is great. Shush!

touchingcloth

Quote from: Icehaven on February 11, 2024, 08:09:27 PMIt was supposed to be, but my thread title may have killed it dead by being even worse than last year.

I'll beat anyone at making a shit thread title. Unlucky.

dissolute ocelot

Just realised (in my watching of every Simpsons from the start) that in "The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular" the reason Matt Groening is shown as elderly, bald, and with an eyepatch (and no beard) isn't because he looked like that, or because the staff hated him, but as a parody of Hollywood director John Ford.

touchingcloth

Taylor Swift isn't a country act*.

* Though the video she received an award for that time Kanye went mental** was country, so perhaps that made me file her alongside the Dixie Chicks.***

** That same awards show was hosted by Russel Brand. What a night.

*** I've never actually seen the video, nor heard any Taylor Swifts. What about those Superbowls, though, hey? Come on, basketball, do a goal.

Icehaven

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 12, 2024, 01:30:20 PMTaylor Swift isn't a country act*.

I thought that too until very recently, and wondered how a country act was getting so popular in the UK. Still never really heard anything by her except the odd snippet on the news or wherever but that was enough to realise it's poppy crap rather than country crap.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Icehaven on February 12, 2024, 01:56:45 PMI thought that too until very recently, and wondered how a country act was getting so popular in the UK. Still never really heard anything by her except the odd snippet on the news or wherever but that was enough to realise it's poppy crap rather than country crap.

That's pretty much the same thought process I had. It's understandable in America because they like Garth Brooks and Chrizzo wank like the Jonas Brothers or whatever, but I heard about a British family shelling out £5k a pop on tickets for Swift and I was like, hold on.

studpuppet

Quote from: Icehaven on November 30, 2023, 09:14:40 PMCannons look like penises and balls.

I'm calling bullshit. Better start another thread as the premise of this one is fucked.

Admittedly, one does look like a cock, though...

Shaxberd

Taylor Swift did start out as a country act* to begin with, so it's understandable why you'd assume she still was if you don't follow pop music.

And some country acts are surprisingly popular in the UK, Brad Paisley can sell out arenas despite not being on TV or the radio.

touchingcloth

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 12, 2024, 02:58:01 PMUnited at the team that go at the top, grandad.

This led me to Wikipedia

A few 02iouvs things:

1 - it's premier league, not premiere
2 - it's been going on since 1992, and it only feels like it's been everywhere, interminably, all the time, forever.
3 - the circled bit is the period where I was, if not paying attention to football, then hanging around with people who were. I had the Panini book with a Magic Eye in it, if that's an anchor point. Seeing the other Manchester team take over from united has made my reality shift slightly, like whenever I have to remind myself that Lincoln was a Republican.