Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:51:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rishi’s Rwanda Rebellion

Started by Alberon, December 06, 2023, 08:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beloved of Jo

They usually stick to taking the piss out of our own governments, but apparently things are going well enough over there now to warrant mention.

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: Beloved of Jo on December 16, 2023, 03:21:30 PM

They usually stick to taking the piss out of our own governments, but apparently things are going well enough over there now to warrant mention.

They've been doing more podcast and other stuff, and a little surprised that they're pushing tactical voting, but, yeah, the PV push didn't get that far so I guess that's the next easiest thing to ask people to do?

jobotic

They have decided to not increase the threshold to £38,000 but to £29,000 so that it doesn't affect Telegraph writer's children.

The Gullises are very angry with Sunak because it makes the amount of lives they can ruin smaller.

Blumf

"I'm a good guy really"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67897560
QuoteRishi Sunak had significant doubts about sending migrants to Rwanda when he was chancellor, papers seen by the BBC suggest.

They suggest he wanted to scale back No 10's original plans.

They also indicate Mr Sunak was not sure they would stop Channel crossings.

They also suggest he was reluctant to fund reception centres to accommodate migrants instead of using hotels or private housing because "hotels are cheaper".

As prime minister, under pressure from his party, Mr Sunak has made the Rwanda plan one of his top priorities.

"It was them nasty people in the party, honest. So vote for me, by... er... voting for the people who forced me to do the Rwanda thing"

Fucking top story currently!

Cold Meat Platter

I hope all these desperate people fleeing oppression and war are keeping up with our cunty policies through legitimate information channels. They might not even know about our hare-brained schemes to cunt them off to Rwanda if they aren't paying proper attention like they should be.

Dr M1nx PhD

Quote from: BBCMr Sunak has previously described himself as a "Coca-Cola addict", revealing he prefers Mexican Coke because it is made with "cane sugar rather than high fructose corn syrup".

Apparently Gove prefers Colombian.

Blumf

Get the violins out

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-68133873
QuoteA Tory MP said he quit his ministerial role because he could not afford to pay his mortgage on a salary of £118,300.

Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman resigned as science minister in November.

In a blog post, he said he stood down: "Because my mortgage rises this month from £800pcm to £2,000, which I simply couldn't afford to pay on a ministerial salary."

Imagine living in poverty like that!

Mr_Simnock

After £24,000 per year on the mortgage he can't live off over 90 grand?

Psybro

Fair enough, he did what the Tories always suggest and simply got a job which paid more.

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: Dr M1nx PhD on January 29, 2024, 08:00:47 PMQuote from: BBC
Mr Sunak has previously described himself as a "Coca-Cola addict", revealing he prefers Mexican Coke because it is made with "cane sugar rather than high fructose corn syrup".

British Coca Cola isn't made with high fructose corn syrup either. It's only the US stuff that is. He's embarrassed himself there. No coming back from this.

Uncle TechTip

It seems they are walking back all that stuff about fasting, as the first question in an interview just now was, you've just eaten, is that the first good this week? No he had a pastry. And the fasting amounts to not eating as much on a Monday. Another dead cat

Butchers Blind

Alberon

The rich cunt!

That's like me betting 10p!

Psybro

How many human rights violations can Bantzi Sunak commit after Mike Parry ties him to a roundabout??  Find out tonight!!

idunnosomename

Quote from: Alberon on February 05, 2024, 07:18:14 PMThe rich cunt!

That's like me betting 10p!
if you have net assets of 73k

(i hate maths. correct if wrong)

Alberon

Still equivalent of me betting well under a pound.

idunnosomename

There's absolutely no way this cunt is going fight the general election. literally no one likes him with all his cringe tiktok shit and talking like Partridge. he's even more unlikeable than Starmer

Zero Gravitas

Yep, this pocket-sized prick is done, you don't get that treatment from News UK as a Tory PM unless you're out the door.

Viero_Berlotti

Quote from: Butchers Blind on February 05, 2024, 05:45:08 PMFucking state of this. Welcome to Britain!

https://x.com/PiersUncensored/status/1754385615595151852?s=20

Putting the bleak distastefulness of this to one side for one second, it just shows incredibly weak leadership to be easily pressured into this by a prick like Piers Morgan. All Sunak had to say was that this is an important issue and he wouldn't want to cheapen it with something as puerile as a "bet".

Alberon

He's backed out of it now which makes him look even weaker.

QuoteHowever, when asked about the "bet" in an interview on BBC Radio 5 Live on Tuesday, Sunak said: "I am not a betting person and I was taken totally by surprise in that interview.

"The point I was trying to get across – I was taken totally by surprise – was actually about the Rwanda policy and about tackling illegal migration, which is something I care deeply about.

Endicott

Hello, I am your leader and I am also completely crap at thinking on my feet.

Mr Farenheit

World Leader: We'll cut tarrifs on all our UK imports.... IF you can find the pea. If you don't find it then you cut my tarrifs
and give us a nuclear bomb
DEAL??

jobotic

Quote from: Viero_Berlotti on February 06, 2024, 10:00:17 AMPutting the bleak distastefulness of this to one side for one second, it just shows incredibly weak leadership to be easily pressured into this by a prick like Piers Morgan. All Sunak had to say was that this is an important issue and he wouldn't want to cheapen it with something as puerile as a "bet".

Exactly. You could easily make Morgan look like the twat by refusing.