Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:05:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Weirdest repeated/looped thought you've had recently or ever

Started by Goldentony, January 09, 2024, 01:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bum Flaps

Quote from: The Mollusk on January 10, 2024, 07:53:40 AMOn my road there's a car with the registration GUS3 W0X and the average human compulsion to make words out of car number plates had manifested in me imagining the Gusewox (pronounced "goozy-wocks") is some sort of fictional beast like the Gruffalo. Every single day when walking up the street to and from work when I see it I will, verbally, out loud, say to myself "Ah... the Gusewox" as if I am some sort of scholarly type talking about it to some local visitors to warn them of its presence. Every day for the last three years.

This is one of the big plus points of having kids - you can say all of that stuff out loud, and just pretend it's for their benefit not for your own internal satisfaction/compulsion. The great side effect is that they will tend to seek independence at an early age, as they desperately try to distance themselves from your incoherent mutterings.

Senior Baiano

The 'Bad Design' thread

Bad Design
Bad design, bad design
Ooh baby
It's making me crazy
Every time I look around (every time I look around)
Every time I look around
It's in my face

TrenterPercenter

All day.

Dance!
Houthi Wonderlaaand!

Apologies for passing on this curse.

The Mollusk

For somewhere between 5 and 10 years I have had this phrase, in this voice

https://voca.ro/147nBpWKNdKb

repeatedly come back to haunt me. I don't know where it came from, I must have made it up myself. It really has been with me for a fucking long time and I don't know if I'll ever be rid of it.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: The Mollusk on January 25, 2024, 06:03:55 PMFor somewhere between 5 and 10 years I have had this phrase, in this voice

repeatedly come back to haunt me. I don't know where it came from, I must have made it up myself. It really has been with me for a fucking long time and I don't know if I'll ever be rid of it.

Analickin' for some reason gives me a gustatory hallucination of the taste of batteries for some reason (something I'm not going ponder on too long).  Apparently metallic tastes are the common gustatory hallucination.

A man walks down the street he says
Why am I soft in the middle now
Why am I soft in the middle in the
Middle of a
BVOUM BVOUM
why am I a man in the middle
Don't wanna be a sausage in a cartoon man man
Soft like a grave in the middle of the
BVOUM BVOOUM
don't wanna be a cartoon sausage man
In a middle of a man bun
IN THE MIDDLE OF A MAN BUN
MIDDLE OF THE SOFT MAN CARTOON GRAVEYARD
BBOUM BVOUM
Why am I cartoon in a cartoon
Graveyard
why am I a man in a man in a gravy
In a man

repeat until insane

neveragain

I once couldn't get to sleep because I had the song Rockin' Robin repeatedly running through my head. It was incredibly annoying.

And once, as a part of a fever that developed after watching An Audience With Ronnie Corbett, I was haunted all night long by images of a dancing little Ron.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: The Mollusk on January 25, 2024, 06:03:55 PMFor somewhere between 5 and 10 years I have had this phrase, in this voice

In the 90's I read a review of a recent Letterman Show that Iggy Pop had appeared on.  Letterman's first question was something to the effect of "What have you been doing lately?" to which the Ig replied "A-suckin' and a-lickin'" and an extremely worried Letterman immediately cuts to a commercial.

I've tried looking, I've never seen it, I can't even confirm it ever happened.  It's even possible some of the information has been changed in a Mandela-effect-brainwrongyness sort of way or that the reviewer was just having a laugh.

The Mollusk

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on February 01, 2024, 12:30:11 AMIn the 90's I read a review of a recent Letterman Show that Iggy Pop had appeared on.  Letterman's first question was something to the effect of "What have you been doing lately?" to which the Ig replied "A-suckin' and a-lickin'" and an extremely worried Letterman immediately cuts to a commercial.

I've tried looking, I've never seen it, I can't even confirm it ever happened.  It's even possible some of the information has been changed in a Mandela-effect-brainwrongyness sort of way or that the reviewer was just having a laugh.

Wow that's spooky, though I've no doubt the phrase doesn't begin and end there but it does feel mystically connected to my own phenomenon. It's only served to baffle me further.

Jerrykeshton

Occasional random shouting something that sounds Bringaaaa, bringhaa, brrrringha.

Always through gritted teeth as ifim having a very painful shit, which as I often say it alone in the car, I hope I'm not.

Norton Canes

Duran Duran's The Reflex

But just the bit that goes flek-flex

Norton Canes

non capisco

A mate was telling me last night about a young lad who rides the bus round his way with what he's guessing is some kind of compulsive repetitive form of tourettes or similar who keeps on shouting either CHARLIE CHAPLIN! or RICHARD COLLINS...IS A MAN WHO LOVES HIS RADIO! The latter, with the little pause, has been in my head all morning. 

Sebastian Cobb

Some mornings when I do a big yellow piss I get 'Joni Mitchell considers rewrite' stuck in my head. Thanks cab!

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on February 01, 2024, 12:30:11 AMIn the 90's I read a review of a recent Letterman Show that Iggy Pop had appeared on.  Letterman's first question was something to the effect of "What have you been doing lately?" to which the Ig replied "A-suckin' and a-lickin'" and an extremely worried Letterman immediately cuts to a commercial.

I FOUND IT!
In my previous almost verbatim post mentioning this 12 years ago I said late 80's, this time I said 90's.  Well Iggy only appeared on Letterman 8 times and the first 7 of them were on youtube and here it is, 5:00 into this interview on 7th Nov 1990.

The Mollusk

Ha, nice one for tracking it down. It's nowt like the way the hoary old fella who lives in my head says it though so it remains a mystery.

Dex Sawash

Bum Flaps

Vic Reeves singing Gin'n'Juice in the Club Style - pretty sure this has spontaneously appeared out of the quantum soup that is my brain

Senior Baiano

The Liverpool footballer Diogo Jota- whenever he crosses my consciousness I always get an excitable Geordie in my head: "Jotta! Jotta, man!"

Jerrykeshton

Random music forms in my head a few minutes after I wake up (usually while in the bathroom having a piss)

This morning was Graceland by Paul Simon. Yesterday was One Kiss by Dua Lipa.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

When I was a kid and my alarm clock went off for me to get up and go to school, I did this sort of numbered chant in my head where I'd only get up on multiples of 5.

It went:

1 (dum dum dum dah dum dum dum)
2 (dum dum dum dah dum dum dum)
3 (dum dum dum dah dum dum dum)
4 (dum dum dum dah dum dum dum)
5 (get up, possibly)

I'd often make it to about 20 before I actually shifted. The real reason of course was because it was cold and I didn't want to get out of bed, but the ritual made it easier.