Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:43:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bubble tea?

Started by Ray Travez, January 19, 2024, 11:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Travez

I discovered the existence of bubble tea about a week ago- there's even a shop selling it in the cultural backwater I grudgingly inhabit. Have you tried bubble tea? I might give it a go, though the price strikes me as steep for a drink that isn't psychoactive.

Oosp

Love that stuff. I go to Bubbleology whenever I can get to that London. Some mad decent ones in Dublin Town also. Bubble me up!

king_tubby

It's dreadful stuff, and it was 15 years ago when they last tried to push it on to us.

Peter Kay considers rewriteputting it on a £30 t-shirt

Dex Sawash

Easy af to make your own boba (wanking thread)

idunnosomename

ABSOLUTE SHITE FOR BIG FUCKIN BABIES

dissolute ocelot

Meh. I had some in Toronto about 15 years ago and have never felt the urge to repeat. If you pour Lipton's fruit-flavored iced tea into your Rice Krispies and milk, I think you get a similar effect. Or if you have a black market source of Sugar Puffs, they're probably better.

I know someone who bought the ingredients to make it at home, which came in gigantic jars and filled most of her fridge. You get flavoured syrup and balls and then just add regular tea (that you've painstakingly chilled) and the milk of your favourite animal or plant. Again, why bother?

They're not even real bubbles.

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

You should not have to chew a beverage.

madhair60

i like it, don't have it very often but it tastes nice :)

Icehaven

I've seen the shops but as I don't like tea it's never interested me. Is it literally just fizzy tea?

dissolute ocelot

Even more annoyed now. I thought the bubbles were the seeds of something, like softened wheatberries or whatever, but apparently they're a mix of tapioca flour, water, and sugar, made into a paste and shaped into bubbles. You're basically putting balls of cookie dough in your tea, you fools.

Quote from: Icehaven on January 19, 2024, 11:41:55 AMI've seen the shops but as I don't like tea it's never interested me. Is it literally just fizzy tea?
It's not fizzy. It just has bits in it that superficially resemble bubbles (if you've never seen a bubble).

buttgammon

Quote from: Oosp on January 19, 2024, 11:19:12 AMLove that stuff. I go to Bubbleology whenever I can get to that London. Some mad decent ones in Dublin Town also. Bubble me up!

It's something I'd only get very rarely but we're blessed with them in Dublin. My favourite is one of the longer running ones on Parnell Street near the luas stop, which does nice hot tea as well, but there's also a good one on South Anne Street which does decent sushi rolls too.

LurkMcGee

When I visited Montreal it seemed like a lot of people had one in their hand and the places were dime a dozen compared to just one I know of in the middle of Swansea.

I had a mango flavoured one in the cool Thai restaurant near my mate's flat out there and it was alright, I guess. The bubble ball things were rather odd I thought.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I went on a very awkward and bad tinder date with a woman who suggested we go to one of these places. The sensation of biting into those weird synthetic balls was almost as uncomfortable as the actual date but not quite. That is my first and last ever experience of having a bubble tea

BlodwynPig

Used to get one with my lunchtime Canadian-Iranian curry when i was over in Canada. Fantastic contrast. Didn't help my diabetes, so best i packed it in. But good, cosy memories

Oosp

Quote from: buttgammon on January 19, 2024, 11:43:36 AMIt's something I'd only get very rarely but we're blessed with them in Dublin. My favourite is one of the longer running ones on Parnell Street near the luas stop, which does nice hot tea as well, but there's also a good one on South Anne Street which does decent sushi rolls too.

Ooh, good call

touchingcloth

Mulligatawny for idiots.

Oosp

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 19, 2024, 12:10:31 PMMulligatawny for idiots.

Wow. Incredibly racist against wherever bubble tea is from

Icehaven

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on January 19, 2024, 11:42:36 AMEven more annoyed now. I thought the bubbles were the seeds of something, like softened wheatberries or whatever, but apparently they're a mix of tapioca flour, water, and sugar, made into a paste and shaped into bubbles. You're basically putting balls of cookie dough in your tea, you fools.
It's not fizzy. It just has bits in it that superficially resemble bubbles (if you've never seen a bubble).

It sounds disgusting, like breakfast cereal with tea instead of milk.

Brian Freeze

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 19, 2024, 11:58:43 AMDidn't help my diabetes,

Absofuckinglutely fucking fuck loads of sugar in them isn't there? Or are some of them "different/better"?

Our kids want one but we have seen them after a can of Iron Brew and dread the consequences.

Fake edit: autocorrect wanted to put - dread the conservatives

The Mollusk

Had some jungle bubble tea once whilst exploring the Amazon which is just sucking acai berries out of a diarrhoeic monkey's arsehole. I asked how the berries got up there in the first place and the tour guide just said "you know what monkeys are like!!" and I replied that I do, I do know what monkeys are like.

checkoutgirl

Love that stuff. I go to Bubblearoundtown and occasionally Bubbleupyourbutt whenever I can get to that London.

TrenterPercenter

- Would you like frog spawn with your tea sir?
- yes please, I enjoy the texture of a prisoners wanking jar in my drink

Oosp

Quote from: The Mollusk on January 19, 2024, 12:31:26 PMHad some jungle bubble tea once whilst exploring the Amazon which is just sucking acai berries out of a diarrhoeic monkey's arsehole. I asked how the berries got up there in the first place and the tour guide just said "you know what monkeys are like!!" and I replied that I do, I do know what monkeys are like.

They don't like it up 'em

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

If you hand someone a cup of this, can you legitimately say, "Suck my balls" to them?

The Mollusk

Quote from: Oosp on January 19, 2024, 12:39:48 PMThey don't like it up 'em

No, that's the thing - they do. That's what they're like.

touchingcloth

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on January 19, 2024, 11:42:36 AMEven more annoyed now. I thought the bubbles were the seeds of something, like softened wheatberries or whatever, but apparently they're a mix of tapioca flour, water, and sugar, made into a paste and shaped into bubbles. You're basically putting balls of cookie dough in your tea, you fools.

Dumplings for cunts.

Vodkafone

Quote from: The Mollusk on January 19, 2024, 12:51:39 PMNo, that's the thing - they do. That's what they're like.

Loving this little exchange on the cookdandbombd forum

All Surrogate

Butchers Blind

So, they're not actually bubbles? False advertising, innit?