Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:50:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Coffee bastard

Started by touchingcloth, January 28, 2024, 07:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Does Youtube keep suggesting this quiffy coffee bastard to them?

Why would I ever click on a video to watch him rating tiramisu after shovelling it into his Gareth Malone face? Why would anyone?

Bastard.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

FeederFan500

I confess to watching some of his Diary of a CEO interview based on the clickbait title (I don't even care for Diary of a CEO, honest!). He did sound like a twat.

tourism

love these types of thread.

copa

Does he play boogie-woogie in coffee shops?

hamfist

He IS coffee. Perfectly coiffed coffe guy.

tourism

I call him 'the coffee bastard'

tourism

touchingcloth

I'd like to give him a really big coffee. A Mariana Trench sized coffee.

Thursday

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I like coffee but is the Starbucks costa type bad? Oh no I have to buy t myself and make it myself which is a pain in the arse anus hole :( :( :( I will ask other people to name me coffee I will ask James coffe to make me a coffee and have coffe at his. I be he makes really really nice coffee yum yummy yummy coffee!!!!!!!!

Azera makes me feel like a little consumer bitch. 100g? 250g? £2? £7.50? Americano Intenso?

"I am unknowable you little customer rat, you are and idiot" it screams at me.

Blumf

touchingcloth

Moj

In fairness to coffee bastard, he did a video where he opened and made coffee from some hundred year old beans, and it was pretty funny and informative. They were at the time expensive coffee beans from I think Harrods, and even if you take into account how old they were, there were broken beans and unripe beans and all sorts of quality control issues.

A nice antidote to "everything is shit now, back in the day everything was better quality and not fucked around with.". No, back in the day you were required to consume constant rotten food because you didn't know any better, even if you were Queen Hitler, and about half of all of everything didn't work properly or was significantly harder to use. Fuck off.

The F Bomb

Only ever heard about this guy on here. The guy is massively autistic about coffee and that's no problem. My main question is how much coffee does he drink because that stuff isn't good for you. I should know, I drink lot of coffee! 😂😂😂

seepage

someone please delete this person from YouTube

BlodwynPig

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 28, 2024, 07:37:35 PM

Yeah I got recommended one this guys videos earlier in the week.  I hate judge a book by its cover but I thought this definitely looks like a coffee bastard - I would have gone with Richard Osman over Malone though.

Cuellar

Now I like coffee, but this guy - this guy really likes coffee!

Sebastian Cobb

The bit that confuses me about this prick is how his set 'kitchen' has no entry point.

That bothers me more than him reviewing wendy house children's toys as if they were real coffee making machinery tbh.

It's all very noncey, and basically the same as audiophile bullshit.

I get very nice beans from Thompsons and put them in an aeropress. I won't answer questions at this time.

Zero Gravitas

I wanted to look him up but forgot his name, good to know google isn't quite as fucked as they say:

I do like this video of the spoddy little shit pre-grey thoughh:

Mobius

one of my hundred year old beans are broken fuck sake

madhair60

Proactive

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 28, 2024, 08:30:55 PMIt's all very noncey, and basically the same as audiophile bullshit.

I don't mean to disparage baristas but I'm confused as to how one could be better than the next? Bean selection, roasting etc fair enough, but making it in one of those machines they have looks to be a piece of piss. What am I missing?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Proactive on January 28, 2024, 08:49:29 PMI don't mean to disparage baristas but I'm confused as to how one could be better than the next? Bean selection, roasting etc fair enough, but making it in one of those machines they have looks to be a piece of piss. What am I missing?

Them machines is where they all go wrong tbh. Espresso is a pox.

Urinal Cake

I'm waiting for the 'coffee is actually very bad for you' trend to come in. It feels like every few years it might pop by but then it gets overtaken by energy drinks, vapes or weed.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Proactive on January 28, 2024, 08:49:29 PMI don't mean to disparage baristas but I'm confused as to how one could be better than the next?

I think that it mostly emerges from the need for distraction and sublimation, the coffee industry needing to somehow submerge this:

Times 26 million people, under layers of Roasting techniques, Ceramic burrs, Needle tampers, and Freeze distilled milk-cream.

I mean you'd go MAD otherwise wouldn't you?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Urinal Cake on January 28, 2024, 09:00:12 PMI'm waiting for the 'coffee is actually very bad for you' trend to come in. It feels like every few years it might pop by but then it gets overtaken by energy drinks, vapes or weed.

That happens regularly, people straight-edge caffeine loads without a coherent argument beyond 'I think it's probably bad'.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Proactive on January 28, 2024, 08:49:29 PM
Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 28, 2024, 08:30:55 PMIt's all very noncey, and basically the same as audiophile bullshit.

I don't mean to disparage baristas but I'm confused as to how one could be better than the next? Bean selection, roasting etc fair enough, but making it in one of those machines they have looks to be a piece of piss. What am I missing?

If you buy your machine from Richer Sounds that's a no-no.