Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:59:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Coffee bastard

Started by touchingcloth, January 28, 2024, 07:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incy Wincy Mincey

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 28, 2024, 09:04:32 PMI don't mean to disparage baristas but I'm confused as to how one could be better than the next? Bean selection, roasting etc fair enough, but making it in one of those machines they have looks to be a piece of piss. What am I missing?

If you buy your machine from Richer Sounds that's a no-no.

Richer Grounds.

Jerzy Bondov

I quite fancy him to be honest.

Magnum Valentino

Knew this sounded familiar - this isn't the first time someone's started a thread about him

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=94104.0

Cuellar

Does he do the the thing where you give your beans a little spray of water before grinding them, I've seen that on coffee wankers Instagram

Jerzy Bondov

That genuinely works and is worth doing, it makes way less mess.

Milo

I enjoy making and drinking coffee.

Butchers Blind

Coffee bastards can be filed alongside wine wankers.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Butchers Blind on January 29, 2024, 08:50:25 AMCoffee bastards can be filed alongside wine wankers.
It's easy to shit on anybody who is passionate about a hobby that you have little interest in. But it's food and drink- it's ephemeral, it's passive. Like I guess grinding and brewing coffee is some sort of activity.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: madhair60 on January 28, 2024, 11:16:36 PMliterally anyone: "here's a way to even slightly improve your coffee"

Pour it down the sink and have a nice drink instead?

Wasn't there a "bubble tea is s4c" thread about a week ago? Or was that an old one I found when I was searching for something?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on January 29, 2024, 07:40:47 AMKnew this sounded familiar - this isn't the first time someone's started a thread about him

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=94104.0

Curse you @holyzombiejesus for infecting my Youtube recommendations. Curse you. I hope you get all grinded up and steeped by bastards at a needlessly precise temperature and for a needlessly precise length of time.

Quote from: Cuellar on January 29, 2024, 08:01:35 AMDoes he do the the thing where you give your beans a little spray of water before grinding them, I've seen that on coffee wankers Instagram

Someone should do the thing where they give him a little spray of piss before dropkicking him into an industrial shredder.

Goldentony

I love coffee so much I shag its arse john you should see me im unstoppable until I blow off and then im stoppable

Goldentony

these repellent twats and their bastard devices going around

madhair60

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on January 29, 2024, 09:13:15 AMPour it down the sink and have a nice drink instead?

why don't you drink a full-to-the-brim thermos of dog cum?

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: madhair60 on January 29, 2024, 09:38:02 AMwhy don't you drink a full-to-the-brim thermos of dog cum?

Because I don't drink coffee so there's no need for me to get the taste out of my mouth with something less unpleasant.

madhair60

and he states, with the authority of experience: dog semen tastes better to me than coffee

each to their own my canine cum chugging friend

Quote from: Milo on January 29, 2024, 08:21:36 AMI enjoy making and drinking coffee.

No no, you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to get really really angry about other people enjoying things or having haircuts or not just making do with a cup of good old British ditchwater and a shard of roof tile like we did in the Blitz.

madhair60

Quote from: mechanical blood goat on January 29, 2024, 10:05:39 AMNo no, you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to get really really angry about other people enjoying things or having haircuts or not just making do with a cup of good old British ditchwater and a shard of roof tile like we did in the Blitz.

so much this

touchingcloth

All this coffee nonsense! You get all these coffee people, don't you? Cold brew this, shat out of a weasel that. Let's have a bit of black, let's have a bit of flat white. Ooh, that's a snazzy bouquet. Oh, this smells of, I don't know, quiffs. Sometimes you just want to say, sod all this coffee, just give me a pint of... boba for cunts.

Butchers Blind

Starbucks and other chain coffee houses are basically taking the rise with all that nonsense on their menus. Just serve it black and hot.

Cuellar

Definitely going the other way now, with all the hipster coffee places that I frequent only having 'BLACK' or 'WHITE' up behind the bar.

phes

Quote from: mechanical blood goat on January 29, 2024, 10:05:39 AMNo no, you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to get really really angry about other people enjoying things or having haircuts or not just making do with a cup of good old British ditchwater and a shard of roof tile like we did in the Blitz.

he's a weird target for all that tbh. He's obviously a total coffee geek but he's pretty unwankery about it. Obviously it's mostly in service of growing a YouTube channel and his business, but half his stuff is about how not to get caught up in bollocks and waste your money on stuff you don't need and coffee that tastes like shit to you

Zero Gravitas

The Crumb

I learned everything I need to know about coffee from this cheerful chappy

Cuellar

We're getting shrinkflationed on coffee now, have you seen this? Used to be 227g in bags (never known why, but we inherited a coffee jar from a Dutch relative that must have been from the 50s or something and 227g fit perfectly in it and I wouldn't put it past the Dutch to have been the ones who set this standard) and now you're seeing 200g bags as standard.

Norton Canes

227g = ½lb. So really, it's nice we're now getting a more rounded metric number. I'd gladly pay the price of 27g of coffee for the privilege.

The Mollusk

The Mollusk

I'm gonna be up on the stage, drinking my own bean, hard

Cuellar

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 29, 2024, 12:18:43 PM227g = ½lb. So really, it's nice we're now getting a more rounded metric number. I'd gladly pay the price of 27g of coffee for the privilege.

Suspected it would be something like this.

But they're not rounding us UP to 250g are they!!!