Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:49:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

what does it feel like to love and/or be loved

Started by madhair60, January 31, 2024, 09:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Quote from: bgmnts on January 31, 2024, 10:49:56 PMIn Richard Adams's Plague Dogs there is a character introduced who reunites with his dog Snitter - as well as adopting the other dog Rowlf - and he is just a middle aged man with slippers, pipe and newspaper who lives alone, has no social life and was just devoted to his dog.

I remember reading that and thinking it was ace.

In the film they
Spoiler alert
drown, backed by gospel singing
[close]

Also I don't think I've ever felt love. I've had a long term relationship but looking back I'm not convinced. My autobiographical memory is absolute crap so I might have forgotten, although I do remember the hurt near the end of being shoved out of bed for snoring.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Pink Gregory on February 01, 2024, 03:31:22 AMgood, then bad, then broadly good again

Bit like a poo going in and out of your bottom then?

H-O-W-L

thenoise

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on January 31, 2024, 11:32:29 PM...and the loneliness I feel now is so much more vicious as I know exactly what I'm missing out on.

True int it. That cunt Shakespeare didn't know shit.

jobotic

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on January 31, 2024, 11:32:29 PMWhen I think back to when I was with my danish ex it felt joyous yet calming, there was someone I could tell anything to however great or awful, and though it may sound like a cliche it did make me feel complete. Just walking along the street with her hand in mine I no longer felt alone against the world, and at the same time I wanted to do as much as I could to make her as happy as she possibly could be.

Of course it didn't last, and the final year was brutal and unpredictable and sometimes safe and warm but also brittle and harsh, and we probably should have broken up sooner than we did. But christ, even despite that I miss being in love so much, it breaks me that it didn't work out, and the loneliness I feel now is so much more vicious as I know exactly what I'm missing out on.

That must have been some pastry

(sorry, what you wrote was poignant)

lauraxsynthesis

The same as the oxytocin and endorphins you get from attending a good live comedy show, but with just the one person rather than sharing it with a room full of folks. Also in a slow burn form rather than successive big hits. And you'll never have to argue with the comedian and fellow-punters about the mortgage.

tookish

It can hurt a lot. Not just in unrequited or lost love but also when times are tough. My partner's dad is gravely ill and I ache with longing to fix it. All I can do is make my partner ratatouille and clean the litter boxes so he won't worry.

But beyond that hurt, there is an entire universe of joy, and a feeling of homecoming every time our lips meet.

Yes, I'm sickened at myself but fuck it, post.

Pink Gregory

pancreas

Nothing is yours any more. Everything is Gecko's.

Brian Freeze

Wasn't there a whole Love is . . . . thing way back when? Was Snoopy involved somehow?

Think I remember one being Love is . . .  never having to say sorry but that doesn't sound right does it?

Cloud

Lovely until you get dumped, then the comedown, broken dreams, feelings of inadequacy, overthinking and regrets are bloody awful.

"Better to have loved and lost"? Hmmmmmmmm

Norton Canes

It's like when you look into a mirror that's reflecting another mirror but every other one of the string of infinite faces you see belongs to the other person

non capisco

Quote from: Brian Freeze on February 01, 2024, 10:34:46 AMWasn't there a whole Love is . . . . thing way back when? Was Snoopy involved somehow?

"Love is...." was two naked cartoon children. Hated the sight of that thing even as a child.

bgmnts

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 01, 2024, 10:38:50 AMIt's like when you look into a mirror that's reflecting another mirror but every other one of the string of infinite faces you see belongs to the other person

So a bit like Enter the Dragon?

This is love:

Milo

Quote from: tookish on February 01, 2024, 10:29:15 AMthere is an entire universe of joy, and a feeling of homecoming every time our lips meet.

Yeah, I've definitely never had anything like that and don't think I've got the brain chemistry for it. Maybe if I took heroin.

Norton Canes

Or like an audio feedback loop, every time you speak to the other person your words bounce back and then back to them and back again and again until they reach a howling crescendo

Norton Canes

Or... or that Jan Švankmajer animation where the two faces constantly eat the other and regurgitate them in smaller and smaller particles

Norton Canes

Basically, you disassemble each other to the particulate level.

Am I selling this?

Milo

Wonder if there's a neurodiversity thing. Some people can barely experience it, most people experience it a bit, some people experience it really strongly and it's those ones that write all the bloody poetry.

Brian Freeze

Quote from: non capisco on February 01, 2024, 10:42:12 AM"Love is...." was two naked cartoon children. Hated the sight of that thing even as a child.

Oh god, you're right. Do you reckon they're still together?

The Snoopy ones must have been an homage.

Dex Sawash

H-O-W-L

GoblinAhFuckScary

been dating someone new for the past five months now after a messy year following a breakup of a seven year relationship and it's gotten to be very lovey after some of my own initial doubt.

being loved is hard to accept sometimes, but if you let it in it's like a ray of sunshine and lovely PINT O BEER

ros vulgaris

I've had moments where I've felt genuine love but they're always ephemeral. Maybe a lot of queers feel the same way, where there's no social expectation to stick in with it for the same of a family and many just seem to want to keep their sex lives open.

The last time I said "I love you" to someone I was dating it was just met back with "no you don't." Maybe they knew more than I did.

jfjnpxmy

Kind of like doing heroin, only milder and it lasts longer.

H-O-W-L

Proactive

The best way I can describe it is that it feels like your willy is laughing. Hope this helps.