Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,331
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:45:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Home Invasion

Started by SteveDave, February 01, 2024, 10:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

I just heard something weird outside and my mind immediately went to

"If they try to get in here, what do I have to defend myself?"

Microphone stand- flimsy
Guitar- could do some damage
Deodorant and lighter- does this work like in the films?
Big glass vase- one and done

What do you have in the room you're in now that you could use in the event of a home invasion? 

imitationleather

Norton Canes

touchingcloth

Fuck all. Sleep in an empty room to baffle any home invaders, naked so they can't even pinch my PJs.

jobotic

Router. But then how would I tell you on here what happened?

Could throw the cat in their face.

PlanktonSideburns

Someone Once smashed the window in the bedroom I was sleeping in, the thing I went for in blind terror was a kettle lead, which I feel would be a great choice - a plug on a length of flex cable is going to bloody hurt when flailed on you

TrenterPercenter

dontpaintyourteeth

Sebastian Cobb

got a box of shoes so will probably lob some shoes

touchingcloth

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on February 01, 2024, 10:23:37 PMSomeone Once smashed the window in the bedroom I was sleeping in, the thing I went for in blind terror was a kettle lead, which I feel would be a great choice - a plug on a length of flex cable is going to bloody hurt when flailed on you

That's what I'd use in the same situation - great to lasso them and stop them jumping out.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Run them over with a wheely chair

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on February 01, 2024, 10:31:14 PMmy big fuckin' dick

sonic youth reference for the cool geriatrics there. real answer is, I dunno, coat hanger

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Swiss Army knife. You want some, cunt?

lauraxsynthesis

I'm a pacifist, but my Yorkshire Terrier would bark the building down.

Cuellar

madhair60

i keep a loaded glock in my bedside chest of drawers

Zero Gravitas

I think I've got a hurley somewhere.

Butchers Blind

Just pretend you're a home invader too and you beat them to it.

Jerrykeshton

Big steel water bottle.  Like a rounders bat. Got some slate coasters too

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: SteveDave on February 01, 2024, 10:13:47 PMDeodorant and lighter- does this work like in the films?

Yeah, the mad kid at school used to demonstrate it. Great stuff. But you have to be careful, if you cut the lighter off before you stop pressing the aerosol the flame will feed back into the canister and make it explode. Or the other way round, I can't remember.

QuoteWhat do you have in the room you're in now that you could use in the event of a home invasion?

Couple of guitars. Binoculars. A glass. Scissors. Like living in an armoury really.

Uncle TechTip

Why would anyone want to break in, to steal my records?

flotemysost

Got a free-standing mirror with a fairly heavy base on my bedside table - could definitely do some damage if you took a swing at someone with it, so I think I'd probably grab that and
Spoiler alert
say candyman into it five times and then just hope that the candyman would go for them and not me
[close]

Ferris

Vacuum cleaner (with nozzle), mandolin, and a Remington 870.

In the event of a home invasion it'll come down to sheer vibes on what I grab first.

non capisco

Spray them in the eyes with Febreze (perhaps now quip "Just thought I'd clear the air") then smack em full force on the nut with the Henry Hoover.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on February 01, 2024, 11:57:36 PMWhy would anyone want to break in, to steal my records?

To bum you of course, silly.

Brian Freeze

I absolutely love grabbing an improvised weapon. Would absolutely hate to ever to use it though*.

Last place I worked there was three of us overnight in a massive collection of workshops and we'd every so often have to do the "did you hear that?, come on then, get Mick and we'll go and have a look"

There was always something to hand grab to make me feel braver.

Worst I had to deal with apart from skip fires and a romantic couple in a Merc on the car park were some lippy kids on the roof of our smoking shelter. Acted confident and told them to clear off. Not being "tooled up" at the time probably helped.

* don't tell the bad guys!

Edit: Mick didn't need to carry anything, he was extremely dangerous.

Ferris

Actually just thought I have a couple of baseball bats (course I fucking do) and some North American barbecue/grilling equipment aka massive big blocks of wood and steel.

I'm actually quite sorted in case of an attempted home invasion, this thread has made me feel tons better. Thanks!

Dr Rock

Fists of steel.

Oh yeah, and I've got a hammer lying about. Also some bleach I could squirt at them.

Fishfinger

Clutter. Ice axe. Gorilla tape. You think you're leaving? And the bin bags whisper.