Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:54:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Not walking away when confronted by meatheads.

Started by holyzombiejesus, February 02, 2024, 11:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ASFTSN

Quote from: shoulders on February 06, 2024, 12:44:09 PMI think you're confusing my description of how things make me feel with anything I expect to happen.

Although, other cultures appear to have different attitudes to us on some topics, and there is evidence that effective ad campaigns (one example being anti-littering) have an effect on human behaviour.

That's what I meant - ad campaign might be effective, but being a guy in the street confronting someone who dropped litter directly probably wouldn't though. All it can ever be is 'the principle of the thing'. Odds are the sort of wanker who drops litter is also the sort of wanker who gets lairy when called on it, or at least I'd assume so.

BlodwynPig

As a small person i have noticed that i'm the one having to step aside for others who 9/10 times make no effort to alter their course.

If i keep my course, i can well expect a few hollers of cunt. I'm also partially peripherally blind so i also get the side shunt from time to time.

Kings cross last week, i went to scan my ticket at the gate and an older man barged in and i was pushed into another passenger.

I hurled abuse (you genocide enabler, Epstein acolyte, avid Guardian reader - the usual) at him for the rest of the journey home and he's now in a mental asylum.

Tony Tony Tony

I find my solution to the issue of moving or not moving from my intended course as legend Gary approaches to be solved by simply coming to a stop and looking around with an expression of puzzlement. If you are moving Gary considers you a challenge whereas if stationary you are an obstacle and have to be negotiated.

Only failed to work just the once when I got almost felled by some ignorant feck at Kings Cross last week.

GoblinAhFuckScary

tried to do a confrontation once when i was 17. lad and his mini-me lad cornered me late on a high street begging to use my phone as his mum had been 'hurt in an accident'. it seemed sus and i didn't have any credit on my phone so i was stupidly honest when i should have just said i don't have a phone.

that quickly turned into 'mate you're gonna give me your fucking phone', so my boneheaded adrenaline response was to like, oldboy style grab him by the collar and be all like back off lad, which quickly backfired into me getting pummelled in the face until my lip split and my nosebled and i couldn't talk from the ooze coming out of my mouth. only got away because a bloke across the street yelled at us. idk partially my fault for escalating

kept me phone though, and that was a score because i was basically a poverty child. face healed, kept the phone, score.

that was a few years before transition though. now i get occasionally yelled at from vans and i scurry away like the creature i am. been a few years since i've been randomly punched in the face but it's happened about 3 or 4 times totally unprovoked and without any mugging intent

dontpaintyourteeth

yesterday made some rude boy move slightly aside when walking down the street and he muttered "fucking pussy" at me for some reason

jamiefairlie

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on February 06, 2024, 04:27:26 PMyesterday made some rude boy move slightly aside when walking down the street and he muttered "fucking pussy" at me for some reason

Because you made him move slightly aside, don't you read your own posts?

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: jamiefairlie on February 06, 2024, 04:29:43 PMBecause you made him move slightly aside, don't you read your own posts?

If he's the one that capitulated when he clearly didn't want to why am I the pussy? I'm confused

Vodkafone

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 06, 2024, 12:30:13 PMI don't get physical confrontation personally, but I definitely find myself with my back up at STUPID FUCKING POINTLESS SHIT THAT IS SOMEONE ELSE'S PROBLEM.

Ticket barrier not accepting my legitimate ticket? Well, I'll try a couple more times, but then I'm vaulting, tailgating, or forcing the cunts apart. Not my problem, pal, it's your problem.

Alarm going off when I walk through the sensors at the store entrance even though I've not stolen anything? Well, I'm not even slowing down, turning around, getting meek and apologetic eye contact with the guard. Head up, walking on my merry way. Not. My. Problem.

Talking my language there pal. One of the worst aspects of capitalism moving as much as possible online is how everything is turned back on to you, the consumer, who has selfishly and awkwardly tried to buy a product or service. Our website is shit is it? That sounds like a you problem. So when you get a chance to upend that dynamic in the material world, it feels fucking great.

Russ L

I quite enjoy reading the thread title as "me-theeds".

I'd never walk away from a confrontation with a me-theed.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Vodkafone on February 06, 2024, 04:57:54 PMTalking my language there pal. One of the worst aspects of capitalism moving as much as possible online is how everything is turned back on to you, the consumer, who has selfishly and awkwardly tried to buy a product or service. Our website is shit is it? That sounds like a you problem. So when you get a chance to upend that dynamic in the material world, it feels fucking great.

I sort of get where the auditor types you see on Youtube are coming from, because it does feel great to ignore jobsworth rules when they're coming at you unbidden. The rule at the shops isn't "bow down to the bleeping sensors when they have a false positive and think you've done a theft", the rule is "don't do a theft". Same at the airport - if I've accidentally left my glasses spray or whatever in my bag and forgotten that it technically needs to go in the liquids bag, then I'm not going to be made to feel like a criminal by the SEF cunts who have conflated "don't put liquids in bags" with "don't take explosive materials onto planes and then blow up the planes". One of these days I'll tell you all a good story about a little pot of honey I have. Had.

The auditors have it backwards, though, and will be deliberately taking tags into shops or defacing the barcode on their train ticket in order to provoke a confrontation.

Vodkafone

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 06, 2024, 05:10:09 PMThe rule at the shops isn't "bow down to the bleeping sensors when they have a false positive and think you've done a theft", the rule is "don't do a theft"

I think it's becoming rarer for people to reach an understanding of things based on starting principles such as this and it's lamentable. You'll get people at work going along with a broken process because they neglect to ask themselves what the intended purpose of the process was in the first place, and if you point out that it's not doing what it's supposed to do you can see some of them getting uncomfortable because can't we just follow the process because that's easier?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Vodkafone on February 06, 2024, 05:57:20 PMI think it's becoming rarer for people to reach an understanding of things based on starting principles such as this and it's lamentable. You'll get people at work going along with a broken process because they neglect to ask themselves what the intended purpose of the process was in the first place, and if you point out that it's not doing what it's supposed to do you can see some of them getting uncomfortable because can't we just follow the process because that's easier?

Cargo cult processes.

My dad is one of those people who understands that navigating cars safely involves mirroring, signalling, and manoeuvring, he just hasn't quite grasped that the order they come in is quite crucial.

Ferris

All heads are made of meat when you think about it

flotemysost

Quote from: Ferris on February 07, 2024, 02:24:39 AMAll heads are made of meat when you think about it

Yeah, why is it that "meathead" denotes a red-blooded, Capitol-storming, spoiling-for-a-fight bogan sort, while "bonehead" conjures up an altogether more gentle, benevolent simpleton? I suppose skeletons are ultimately quite unthreatening really, like Funnybones, even Skeletor has a comical campness about him; if he were entirely composed of brawn and sinew and called MEATEOR it'd be a different story.

Anyway sorry, as you were

shoulders

QuoteSame at the airport - if I've accidentally left my glasses spray or whatever in my bag and forgotten that it technically needs to go in the liquids bag, then I'm not going to be made to feel like a criminal

Thanks for slowing up the worst part of the airport experience for everyone.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 06, 2024, 05:10:09 PMI sort of get where the auditor types you see on Youtube are coming from, because it does feel great to ignore jobsworth rules when they're coming at you unbidden. The rule at the shops isn't "bow down to the bleeping sensors when they have a false positive and think you've done a theft", the rule is "don't do a theft". Same at the airport - if I've accidentally left my glasses spray or whatever in my bag and forgotten that it technically needs to go in the liquids bag, then I'm not going to be made to feel like a criminal by the SEF cunts who have conflated "don't put liquids in bags" with "don't take explosive materials onto planes and then blow up the planes". One of these days I'll tell you all a good story about a little pot of honey I have. Had.

The auditors have it backwards, though, and will be deliberately taking tags into shops or defacing the barcode on their train ticket in order to provoke a confrontation.

💯 fuck the auditors.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: shoulders on February 07, 2024, 07:48:08 AMThanks for slowing up the worst part of the airport experience for everyone.

CaB's auditor arrives

Dex Sawash

The Mollusk

Quote from: Russ L on February 06, 2024, 05:00:31 PMI quite enjoy reading the thread title as "me-theeds".

I'd never walk away from a confrontation with a me-theed.

A complete and total one.

Russ L

I remember at junior scchool we had a speaker in from Keep Britain Tidy or some similar organisation. He instructed us to shout "Litterbug!" at anyone that we saw dropping rubbish in the street.

This seemed like a terrible idea even at the time.

JesusAndYourBush

touchingcloth

touchingcloth

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on February 07, 2024, 12:44:01 PMMichael Jackson impression needs a bit of work

That's nothing. Look at this guy's Wham!

Quote from: Russ L on February 07, 2024, 12:23:53 PMI remember at junior scchool we had a speaker in from Keep Britain Tidy or some similar organisation. He instructed us to shout "Litterbug!" at anyone that we saw dropping rubbish in the street.

Russ L

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on February 07, 2024, 12:44:01 PMMichael Jackson impression needs a bit of work

It's got the angularity of features spot on.

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 07, 2024, 01:12:18 PMThat's nothing. Look at this guy's Wham!

I just wanted to say that though I didn't guffaw, I did enjoy this. Been walking round the house singing "I wanna litterbug" to myself, like a complete nutter

dancing around the kitchen island like a loon

touchingcloth

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on February 07, 2024, 03:09:07 PMI just wanted to say that though I didn't guffaw, I did enjoy this. Been walking round the house singing "I wanna litterbug" to myself, like a complete nutter

dancing around the kitchen island like a loon

Pick it up, before you go go
The council's not paid to do it fo yo
He best pick it up, before he go goes
I'm gonna hit that guy

The Mollusk

Oh, Nobody

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 06, 2024, 05:10:09 PMOne of these days I'll tell you all a good story about a little pot of honey I have.

Those mutton headed dundridges of the BA Stasi.