Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:22:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Waffles

Started by The F Bomb, February 03, 2024, 09:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The F Bomb

Whaff's the appeal of these? Negative space? Interesting idea but waffles and dougbtus/doughnuts, arguably, are defined by the absence of dough/batter.

Is there something related to oxygen intake while eating or satisfaction of the biting something that experiences an absence of itself?

PlanktonSideburns

The F Bomb

Thank you my bithc
Thank you my bastard

chip

Wap em in the toaster for 40 secs, then spread and fill the squares with peanut butter and top with sliced banana. All you need to know

The Mollusk

Did you know you can cook pptato waffel in a toaster!!!

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Did you know you can make pancake in a toaster too!!! Crazy!!! Also my toaster does not work anymore

lauraxsynthesis

Crunchy outside, soft and doughy inside, an almost saltiness followed by a sweet hit with a hint of vanilla. Combined with certain toppings giving even more variety of taste and texture it's a party in the mouth - fruit, chocolate, spray cream, roasted chopped nuts etc.

Cold Meat Platter

For me it's the versatility

shoulders

Genuinely dislike donuts and doughnuts. Cold, greasy clag.

Waffles though, how could you not. The grid is useful for toppings and even if you have a plain one the sensation is pleasing.

Butchers Blind

Poobum

Tried Eggo waffles, awful, my own fault for watching Stranger Things. Does remind me of also trying a scrambled egg savoury poptart thing which was scrummy. Back to waffle content, I like stroopwafels.

easytarget

I like all the ways you can prepare waffles.
Grill 'em.

All the ways.

FeederFan500

The DIY batter ones you make at home and their supermarket equivalents not so great.

The Belgian types with the sugar nibs done well are great. Bit of crunch from the sugar, but the danger is they are a bit moist at which point they are much worse.

Going rate for them at kiosks/dessert places is absurd for what you get. Tesco used to do a reasonably priced single one but not any more.

Captain Z

This is what my cat is called... we named it cos he got stuck underneath an iron.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I'm sure they're great if you like ingesting large amounts of sugar.

hamfist

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: shoulders on February 03, 2024, 10:17:24 PMGenuinely dislike donuts and doughnuts. Cold, greasy clag.

What about hot ones fresh from the fryer at the fairground?

Quote from: The F Bomb on February 03, 2024, 09:05:02 PMdougbtus/doughnuts

??

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

One of these days, I will stackup a load of potato waffles and fill the gaps up with chips, thereby creating a solid cube of spud.

After that, I don't care what happens.

shoulders

QuoteWhat about hot ones fresh from the fryer at the fairground?

Better but still stale. I'm getting sensory flashbacks and it isn't good.

The old thing about being unable to finish a doughnut without licking your lips is fun though. And I was still old enough that people called the jam "monkey's blood".

Sebastian Cobb

Anyone got one of the machines for making them?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on February 03, 2024, 10:52:00 PMWhat about hot ones fresh from the fryer at the fairground?

Sorry I won't go lower than Steam Rally donuts.

Terry Torpid

It annoys me that they're pronounced woffles. I deliberately say WAFFles, to the annoyance of friends and family.

bgmnts

As a trypophilic of sorts, waffles are tits.

The lattice structure presumably gives it a bit of crunch, as opposed to one flat potato cake.

Captain Z

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on February 03, 2024, 10:52:00 PMWhat about hot ones fresh from the fryer at the fairground?

I love the thought of coming home to these

madhair60

hey shrek i love waffles! smokin'!

Ferris

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on February 03, 2024, 09:06:22 PMSurface area

Cunt got it in one, first post out the gate. Impressive.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 03, 2024, 10:57:33 PMAnyone got one of the machines for making them?

Yes, it's brill. Proper breakfast, you know, sizzling butter and all specialized tools and equipment.

It's a bit of a headache to be honest, but when I can be arsed (and even better, do the batter night before in the fridge) it's brill.

Sebastian Cobb

I wouldn't mind one. Just assumed I'd never be arsed making batter.

I'm sure they used to do a thing like a toastie maker but it was for pies.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Poobum on February 03, 2024, 10:27:23 PMTried Eggo waffles, awful, my own fault for watching Stranger Things. Does remind me of also trying a scrambled egg savoury poptart thing which was scrummy. Back to waffle content, I like stroopwafels.

Oh, is that what an Eggo is? I assumed it was like a Twinkie or something, like they eat in the American films.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 04, 2024, 12:17:59 AMI wouldn't mind one. Just assumed I'd never be arsed making batter.

I'm sure they used to do a thing like a toastie maker but it was for pies.

The stupid thing about it is recipes (usually American) reckon you need to do a load of stuff to make them rise but no you fucking don't, you're pressing eggs, milk, butter and flour between two very hot plates.

The steam alone is more than enough to make them rise as you'd expect, but they insist you have to fanny about with buttermilk and whipped egg whites or whatever. They're easier than you think.

hamfist

sorry can you sort yourselves into two lines ?

Batter waffles on the left, potato waffles on the right

It's getting awfully mixed up in here and someone will end up losing an eye