Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,330
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:41:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tea and Toast

Started by The F Bomb, February 04, 2024, 08:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The F Bomb

Is there much better on a Sunday evening than a cup of tea and two pieces of toast and jam? Especially after a couple of nice pints and a home-made beef stew for dinner.

Extremely comforting combination, just add 80s Italian horror such as Demons or maybe a cheerful Ozu like Good Morning. If you're a loose cannon, maybe Walerian Borowczyk's Immoral Tales. Heartwarming Polish-French arthouse erotica.

You get the earthy, homely crunch of the malted toast, the sweetness and tartness of the rhubarb and strawberry compote, the tannic biscuity milkiness of the tea which finishes with a crisp pucker.

On my deathbed, I won't regret a single serving of tea and toast.

Please dare to explain why this is actually not a good thing and then blow your cunting brains out.

🌬�🌬�🌬�

The Mollusk

What the fucking hell are you on about

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Wow you can really sense the ageing of this site's user base. Ten years ago it was all FRIDAY NIGHT LETS DRINK PISS AND DO KETAMINE now it's all OOH I QUITE FANCY A NICE DIGESTIVE BISCUIT

dontpaintyourteeth

like a bit of toast do you mate

Goldentony

first cun t who invented toasted must have been like that YOU WHAT

I had tea and toast on Friday night after getting in from the pub. Really recommend it.

Goldentony

recommend time travel do you nice one

The Dog

Laid back, with my mind on my money and my money on my mind.

The Dog

Seriously though, the only thing I love more than a nice cup of tea is a nice cup of tea with a slice of hot buttered toast to dunk into it.

Norton Canes

Tea? In the evening? Tea??

madhair60

would crumpets be an acceptable substitute for the toast

The Dog

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 04, 2024, 09:31:35 PMTea? In the evening? Tea??

Morning AND evening. I've been very fortunate with my investments.

Ferris

Quote from: Goldentony on February 04, 2024, 08:59:18 PMfirst cun t who invented toasted must have been like that YOU WHAT

You cook bread right? From dough - sort of "baked", type of thing.

Right? Ok, then... you cook the bastard again. I know, I know! Trust me though.

Norton Canes

Quote from: The Dog on February 04, 2024, 09:41:16 PMMorning AND evening. I've been very fortunate with my investments.

Yeah but all that caffeine

Sebastian Cobb

Prefer a bit of peanut butter or marmite rather than jam but yes.

Emma Raducanu

I drink about 5 cups of tea every evening. While playing the piano, watching studio Ghibli films with my girl, after a wank, reading a book and while doing the washing up. I like to have a nice cup of tea after my evening dog walk, looking into people's houses and imagining their lives. Not arsed about toast though really. I like bougatsa.

Tea and toast seems to be popular with street pastors (mentioned here for instance), the Christian volunteers who support people out on the streets, most of them drunk and pissed up on booze, so maybe there's something to the idea of tea and toast after a sesh. (The street pastor clientele probably varies a bit from place to place, but my local ones are based in a church in the heart of the boozing district favoured by hen parties and the like, so I think they're mostly reaching out to people who've had a few).

Blinder Data

best tea and toast I had was just after our first kid was born. plain sliced white bread and strong tea out of a polystyrene cup. honestly, no cup of tea before or since has ever come close. sometimes I wonder whether the midwives infused the butter with morphine because its effect on exhausted newly made parents is stupendous. almost worth having a kid for

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on February 04, 2024, 08:52:51 PMWow you can really sense the ageing of this site's user base. Ten years ago it was all FRIDAY NIGHT LETS DRINK PISS AND DO KETAMINE now it's all OOH I QUITE FANCY A NICE DIGESTIVE BISCUIT

It was all games pubs back then. Now it's remote controlled reclining chairs.

Chollis

can't be eating sweets like jam after a few pints come off it

ASFTSN

Remember that thread a few years ago about how bread was evil poison and looking at a loaf would fill your system with diabetes and if you ever ate some you'd instantly give your whole family diabetes and you'd be fucking responsible, you'd probably like that wouldn't you, you fucking inconsiderate cunt, a sandwich is the worst thing you can eat for lunch DO YOU SEE? DO YOU SEE? DO YOU WANT ME TO PUT THE HAMMER ON YOUR HEAD?

Well I'm glad we've moved past that and can now appreciate the simple joy of some tea and toast.

madhair60

i don't remember that but i can see you were very upset by it

ASFTSN

Quote from: madhair60 on February 05, 2024, 09:18:21 AMi don't remember that but i can see you were very upset by it

Too right me ol' mucker!

thenoise

Pleasantly eccentric choices of films to relax to, but eating breakfast in the evenings is the behaviour of a degenerate.

markburgle

Toast slightly burnt with Marmite. Ooooo

Beagle 2

There's that Half Man Half Biscuit lyric about switching the light on with your nose when you're carrying tea and toast and I did do that only yesterday, except its a really stiff switch so what I actually did was just force my face into the wall for an uncomfortably long time because I wasn't going to be defeated, but I was defeated and now I have lost the respect of my family and I have a sore nose.

Pranet

I'm mildly allergic to tea. It makes me nauseous and headachey. Despite this I drank it for years, like an idiot.

The F Bomb

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 04, 2024, 09:31:35 PMTea? In the evening? Tea??

Lol it's only a fuckin cup of tea Grampa Joe! 😂😂😂

shiftwork2

Looking forward to Overnight Oats from The F Bomb.