Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:55:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Policeman demoted for selling trousers

Started by Cold Meat Platter, February 06, 2024, 10:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-68218617

Thank heavens for the vigilant member of the public who spotted these trousers on a second-hand clothing app and dutifully reported it to the relevant authorities.

"He told the misconduct hearing the trousers had been in his wardrobe at home for "a long time" and he wanted to "make space" after redecorating.
Mr Hurley was reduced to the rank of sergeant, effective immediately.
The trousers were spotted and reported to the force by a member of the public in summer 2023.
At the hearing on Tuesday Mr Hurley described the sale as "a mistake."
He confirmed the trousers did not bear a police logo or insignia, but admitted the listing on Vinted indicated they were police issue.
Chief Constable Charlie Hall found the former inspector had ordered two new pairs of police trousers in January 2023, which were the same size as the items listed on the app.
Mr Hurley, who had served for 15 years, had said the old trousers were a poor fit."

It seems like our former 'Inspector' had quite the little scam going.

madhair60

Zero Gravitas

Well done member of the public, you sound like a right cunt, but hard to fault the results.

Sebastian Cobb

violently or sexually assault the public and they do fuck all but woe betide you if you sell some breeks.

frajer

Zero Gravitas

Fondly known to colleagues as Owen 'The Rapist' Hurley, but this wasn't sufficient mitigation.

shiftwork2

Any news on the size of the plod kecks?  I have a rather small inside leg and I suspect most po-po also have short legs.  Could be on to a winner here.

Indomitable Spirit

Imagine if someone had impersonated a policeman's legs? Scary thought.

Sebastian Cobb

FeederFan500

Sure it starts with a £4 pair of trousers as his gateway habit, but soon enough he'll be selling police stations and jails. Only right to nip this in the bud.

Cold Meat Platter

Bet there'll be some fun trouser-related workplace banter with the colleagues that he formerly outranked.

The Mollusk

This has to be the worst thing a police officer has ever done

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: The Mollusk on February 06, 2024, 11:00:36 PMThis has to be the worst thing a police officer has ever done

Still on the front page of the BBC News website thank christ

frajer

Just been on Vinted and bought a Kevlar cardigan, or Kevlardigan.

Should be arriving from 999 Letsby Avenue later this week

QuoteMr Hurley, who had served for 15 years, had said the old trousers were a poor fit."

Institutional waistism

Butchers Blind

This story's pants.*

*For american CaB readers.

Vodkafone

Quote from: shiftwork2 on February 06, 2024, 10:38:37 PMAny news on the size of the plod kecks?  I have a rather small inside leg and I suspect most po-po also have short legs.  Could be on to a winner here.

Police size S, which equates to 42" waist.

flotemysost

QuoteThe trousers were spotted

Sounds like a pretty jazzy uniform!

QuoteAt the hearing on Tuesday Mr Hurley described the sale as "a mistake."

Fair play to him, this is up there with that landlord cunt who stumbled into owning a property portfolio "by accident".

dissolute ocelot

Had he been eating lots of donuts????!!??

And thought he had become a donut, a comestible notably lacking in legs?

The real issue was the list of IRA to touts he left in the back pocket, along with a semi-automatic rifle, the home secretary, and a Chinook.

Ray Travez

Quote from: frajer on February 06, 2024, 11:03:54 PMJust been on Vinted and bought a Kevlar cardigan, or Kevlardigan.

Careful. Sounds like an accessory after the fact.

It's the plod trousers, Gromit! And they're working exactly as designed! *kicks shit out of black teenager*

lazyhour

Having watched the disgusting and alarming To Catch A Copper on Channel 4 this week, I'm delighted to see there's finally a police officer who's getting comeuppance for their shameful behaviour. I'd say the Force is starting to move in the right direction!

Butchers Blind

Quote from: lazyhour on February 07, 2024, 10:12:01 AMHaving watched the disgusting and alarming To Catch A Copper on Channel 4 this week, I'm delighted to see there's finally a police officer who's getting comeuppance for their shameful behaviour. I'd say the Force is taking strides to move in the right direction!

ftfy

Glebe

JesusAndYourBush

gabrielconroy

It's safe to say he'll have trouble "plodding along" (policeman plod) without his trousers!

Russ L

Both truncheon and helmet are proudly on display without trousers.

studpuppet

Quote from: frajer on February 06, 2024, 11:03:54 PMJust been on Vinted and bought a Kevlar cardigan, or Kevlardigan.

South Yorks PCC grind into action...